Terenas - Friday, Oct. 21st
We need to figure out what we're doing this Friday, so please sound off on who will be there and what you would like to get done. There are two things that I can think of that are on the platter for those of us in our mid-50s. BRD and perhaps still more ST. I've been through ST the past two weeks, but I know we have some who have not yet gone through this instance, and the new class quests have desirable rewards, so we may need to put together a party to go there. BRD is the other option, and is an instance that we'll make several return trips to.

BRD quest preperation is not difficult, though it probably will take 2-3 players to kill Overmaster Pyron. Killing him opens up about 3 quests in the instance, so this is a must if you plan on being prepared. He is right outside the instance entrance. Please take a look at the Wiki that our friends at The Amazon Basin have put together to help you get prepared. There are MANY quests for this instance, and that will be a great aid. At least a few of us have already done all the prep work, so finding help with someone who knows where to go and what to do shouldn't be too hard. I probably will not be on much this week, but I am hoping to be on Thursday night from 9pm-11pm realm time with vor_lord to get his BRD prep work done. If there is anyone who would like to join us at that time, please come. It will be fun, easy, and productive, and 2 hours should be enough time to get it all done.

Edit: 8:30 PM Realm time, as usual
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
BRD is something I would actually be willing to bring Nashkara along on. I never got through those quests due to questing in plagulands and tunnel vision tanks when I did go. I even made myself a help spam macro, something like "/yell I'm being attacked! HELP!" it got so bad. I'll need to decide how to respec him if I do go though. :)
I still don't think I will be in a stable enough situation to play on Friday so don't look for Marn. :(
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Octord will be there on Friday. Right now I still need help with Overmaster Pyron, so I will be there Thursday also.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
Gnollguy,Oct 18 2005, 09:39 AM Wrote:I still don't think I will be in a stable enough situation to play on Friday so don't look for Marn.&nbsp; :(
[right][snapback]92511[/snapback][/right]
We will miss you, and we all wish you the best of luck. Hope to see you soon.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
I'll be hangin' out then, albeit on the sidelines. 50 comes too slowly. :)

I would love to run Shadowfang Keep, but only as a second priority.
Tank for hire.
Sir_Die_alot,Oct 18 2005, 07:38 AM Wrote:BRD is something I would actually be willing to bring Nashkara along on. I never got through those quests due to questing in plagulands and tunnel vision tanks when I did go. I even made myself a help spam macro, something like "/yell I'm being attacked! HELP!" it got so bad. I'll need to decide how to respec him if I do go though. :)
[right][snapback]92506[/snapback][/right]

That'd be really cool if you can come -- we can't field two groups without a second healer.

51 points in restoration? :P

Seriously there sure seems to be a lot of fun things to try out with druids now.

So I'll take an early stab at groups, making the following assumptions (I have a good handle on whether most people will be there, these are the ones I don't):

1. Mogo and Marn will still be unavailable
2. Concillian and Alram are available
3. Sir_Die_alot is available

Group 1:

Conc (Warrior)
Kosch (Shaman)
Nashkara (Druid)
Gorkuk (Hunter)
Magead (Mage) or Rogoll (Rogue)

Group 2:

Necrali (Priest)
Durambar (Warrior)
Octord (Warlock)
Yuri (Mage)

This covers tank/healer/rezzer/wipe protection for both parties. It gives 5 in the group with an underleveled character (Kosch I think is only 52). It gives superior crowd control to the group that will be trying to 4-man it.

Dropwise it isn't ideal with three cloth wearers in the four man, but looking at the loot tables there isn't anything of great interest anyway for cloth.

It might be better to bring Magead instead of Rogoll for AoE in BRD, but I'm sure either would make a good five man group.
I should be available and in better shape than last week, I got the main computer back online.

If Nash doesn't come, Concillian has only done one or two quests in BRD, but that gets healing but no tank =)

Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Taakal,Oct 18 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:I'll be hangin' out then, albeit on the sidelines. 50 comes too slowly. :)

I would love to run Shadowfang Keep, but only as a second priority.
[right][snapback]92523[/snapback][/right]
SFK doesn't take that long to run so hopefully we could help you with it before doing BRD. Drutar is a level 30 druid now. Perhaps his brother Fazuul will also come along. If we could start it at 6:00 or 7:00 server time that would give us plenty of time. Anybody else willing?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
vor_lord,Oct 18 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:That'd be really cool if you can come -- we can't field two groups without a second healer.

51 points in restoration?&nbsp; &nbsp; :P

Seriously there sure seems to be a lot of fun things to try out with druids now.

So I'll take an early stab at groups, making the following assumptions (I have a good handle on whether most people will be there, these are the ones I don't):

1.&nbsp; Mogo and Marn will still be unavailable
2.&nbsp; Concillian and Alram are available
3.&nbsp; Sir_Die_alot is available

Group 1:

Conc (Warrior)
Kosch (Shaman)
Nashkara (Druid)
Gorkuk (Hunter)
Magead (Mage) or Rogoll (Rogue)
Group 2:

Necrali (Priest)
Durambar (Warrior)
Octord (Warlock)
Yuri (Mage)
This covers tank/healer/rezzer/wipe protection for both parties.&nbsp; It gives 5 in the group with an underleveled character (Kosch I think is only 52).&nbsp; It gives superior crowd control to the group that will be trying to 4-man it.

Dropwise it isn't ideal with three cloth wearers in the four man, but looking at the loot tables there isn't anything of great interest anyway for cloth.

It might be better to bring Magead instead of Rogoll for AoE in BRD, but I'm sure either would make a good five man group.
[right][snapback]92534[/snapback][/right]
For now I will not be playing Magead.
We will have 2 warriors and 2 healers so there are probably a few variants on group configuration that we could come up with. Also, depending on how the 4 man group feels about it, there are some good players on our server who some folks have on their friend's list that might want to join.
Alram,Oct 20 2005, 10:35 AM Wrote:We will have 2 warriors and 2 healers so there are probably a few variants on group configuration that we could come up with.
[right][snapback]92773[/snapback][/right]

If you are unhappy with my attempts at making groups, please feel free to help (and be specific). I've tried my best to make two groups that will be successful each time we've had enough. I've tried to use non-game factors (such as blood relationship or RL) only as a tiebreaker.

For example, Conc and Durambar are both excellent warriors. I could heal for either of them and have no problem doing so (in fact have done so). Given that they are basically equivalent, I've tended towards grouping with Durambar since we are related.

Kosch and Nashkara must go together (you need someone to rez and self-rez). Octord and Necrali must go together (soulstone in the shaman-less group). If you take these things together then there isn't a lot of flexibility left. Yuri, Gorkuk, and Rogoll are the truly interchangeable pieces. I've been attempting to rotate these "pieces" (how impersonal!) while still maximizing groups' chance for success.

If anyone else wants to do this job please do so :P

The good news is that soon we'll be having the option to raid and it should get a lot easier.
So tonight (Thursday) I am going to be doing my BRD prep, 9 server time or so. bonemage has agreed to help, but anyone who still needs BRD prep I'd love to have come along.

Join us and kill a dragon! Die purposefully to pick up a quest!

Hey, maybe with some time we can take a stab at throwing stinkbombs into SouthShore!
What I was most concerned with was the 5 person team's lack of AoE, for the quick respawn location inside BRD. However, after thinking about it more, I could see that the 4 person team would probably have just as tough or tougher a time without Yuri, and to split up the Warlock/Mage dynamic doesn't make sense. I think the group selection was pretty good.

The bad is that there is some gear overlap, but the good is that the damage types are similar and synergistic.

Since my group is almost exclusively melee, I'm going to have to be sure to use sunder more and shield slam less.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
vor_lord,Oct 20 2005, 02:19 PM Wrote:If you are unhappy with my attempts at making groups, please feel free to help (and be specific).&nbsp; I've tried my best to make two groups that will be successful each time we've had enough.&nbsp; I've tried to use non-game factors (such as blood relationship or RL) only as a tiebreaker.

For example, Conc and Durambar are both excellent warriors.&nbsp; I could heal for either of them and have no problem doing so (in fact have done so).&nbsp; Given that they are basically equivalent, I've tended towards grouping with Durambar since we are related.

Kosch and Nashkara must go together (you need someone to rez and self-rez).&nbsp; Octord and Necrali must go together (soulstone in the shaman-less group).&nbsp; If you take these things together then there isn't a lot of flexibility left.&nbsp; Yuri, Gorkuk, and Rogoll are the truly interchangeable pieces.&nbsp; I've been attempting to rotate these "pieces" (how impersonal!) while still maximizing groups' chance for success.

If anyone else wants to do this job please do so&nbsp; :P

The good news is that soon we'll be having the option to raid and it should get a lot easier.
[right][snapback]92786[/snapback][/right]
No offense intended. Thank you for your help.
vor_lord,Oct 20 2005, 12:52 PM Wrote:So tonight (Thursday) I am going to be doing my BRD prep, 9 server time or so.&nbsp; bonemage has agreed to help, but anyone who still needs BRD prep I'd love to have come along.

Join us and kill a dragon!&nbsp; Die purposefully to pick up a quest!&nbsp;

Hey, maybe with some time we can take a stab at throwing stinkbombs into SouthShore!
[right][snapback]92789[/snapback][/right]

I'm not positive I can make the prep tonight. I have done all the prep aside from Pyron and the quest where you have to die. If I can't make it tonight, hopefully it's not a big deal to do that right before, as Pyron is not far from the instance entrance right? I can hearth to Kargath and get ported back.

I had already chosen the other path to the dragon molt. It's easier in that it can be soloed, but takes longer. Since it starts right outside Thorium point, I suspect that others may have already started down that quest line, and I think when you do, you lose the option to take the quest where you fight the dragon.

Anyway if I can't make it, good luck. If I can, it will likely be on the later side, so save Pyron towards the end if you can.

One quest not on the wiki is Attunement to the Core. Allows you to go into Molten Core, and is picked up not far outside the instance. An easy quest that only requires 2 kills other than the ones we are doing. You can pick it up on the way to Pyron or one the day of the instance. It's an extremely simple quest if you're already doing BRD, and I recall it giving a significant XP reward. The description says you have to zone into MC, but you don't. If you do zone into MC, when you zone out, you will be standing next to the quest giver outside BRD, so don't zone into MC (you can't anyway unless you convert to raid). It would be a quick way out of the instance when you're done if it weren't on the other side of that room full of guys with a 60 second respawn timer. I hate that room.

Also inside you can learn to smelt Dark Iron. Something which Conc will eventually need, but I don't have the spare Truesilver and Gold right now. It requires 10 Truesilver and 20 gold, but I still don't have enough Truesilver for the armorsmithing quests.

If you kill Pyron and get those quests and all the other quests you can get the first time through for doing everything you can in the first shot, you need 10 quest slots, 11 if you're a blacksmith and want to smelt dark iron. Insane.
I should be able to make an SFK run tomorrow early in the evening. I can bring either Fazuul, who is a level 29 druid, or I can bring Vreeslik, who is a level 27 warlock. Neither have any quests for that area, but that doesn't bother me. Both of those toons exist mostly to be available to help out in situations just like this. :)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Alram,Oct 20 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:No offense intended.&nbsp; Thank you for your help.
[right][snapback]92796[/snapback][/right]

I'm not offended. I'm just a little frustrated -- but soon we should have a simpler job once we're able to raid.

I suppose we could raid BRD, but there isn't lots of good loot (like there was in Maraudon), yet there are lots of quests.

In the event one or more people don't show, what do you think we should do?
Concillian,Oct 20 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:I'm not positive I can make the prep tonight.&nbsp; I have done all the prep aside from Pyron and the quest where you have to die.&nbsp; If I can't make it tonight, hopefully it's not a big deal to do that right before, as Pyron is not far from the instance entrance right?&nbsp; I can hearth to Kargath and get ported back.&nbsp;

Quote:Anyway if I can't make it, good luck.&nbsp; If I can, it will likely be on the later side, so save Pyron towards the end if you can.

We were going to do Pyron very first thing -- khgerg is trying hard to level his druid to RFC levels as we have another brand new player ready to do RFC. But I have no problem doing Pyron again late, or even doing him first when you get there on Friday. Or actually we might be able to switch that to being later even tonight (khgerg can level his druid until we're ready).

Quote:Also inside you can learn to smelt Dark Iron.&nbsp; Something which Conc will eventually need, but I don't have the spare Truesilver and Gold right now.&nbsp; It requires 10 Truesilver and 20 gold, but I still don't have enough Truesilver for the armorsmithing quests.

How much truesilver and gold do you still need? I'll just buy it for you -- I'm not able to contribute to the smithing much with my herbalism anyway.

vor_lord,Oct 20 2005, 05:06 PM Wrote:I'm not offended.&nbsp; I'm just a little frustrated -- but soon we should have a simpler job once we're able to raid.

I suppose we could raid BRD, but there isn't lots of good loot (like there was in Maraudon), yet there are lots of quests.

In the event one or more people don't show, what do you think we should do?
[right][snapback]92808[/snapback][/right]
I have never done BRD. It is my understanding that it is really huge and can't be completed in a few hours. So if people wish to complete their quests which I assume we do---otherwise why spend the time doing all the quest prep?) we'll be going back there more than once.

Taking a look at the Basin Wiki, there appear to be some interesting loot items. I look forwards to getting a Barman's Shanker at some point for Rogoll. The Hand of Justice would be a nice trinket for any melee fighter.

I never considered what we'd do if some don't show up. I suppose there are several possibilities:
1. raid
2. 1 BRD group and 1 lower level group for the mid 30s Terenas Lurkers.
3. 1 BRD group and the others do what they feel like.
4. Plant stinkbombs.
5. Pick up some non Lurkers to make 2 complete groups.

I would probably vote for choice #5 or #1.

However, unless you have some good reason to think that some might not come let's plan as though everyone will be there.
vor_lord,Oct 20 2005, 03:13 PM Wrote:How much truesilver and gold do you still need?&nbsp; I'll just buy it for you -- I'm not able to contribute to the smithing much with my herbalism anyway.
[right][snapback]92810[/snapback][/right]

Haha, I still need about 300 kingsblood for Thorium Brotherhood rep.

I don't think Incendesaur scales will be an issue, I farmed up 40, and Xame sent me some. But I ran out of Kingsblood or Iron to turn in at around 1000 of 3000 rep for friendly.

I'll get the Truesilver and gold eventually, as Lianne is also a miner and my 'enchanting alt' shaman is a miner too, and he's almost up to being able to mine truesilver. I think I have around 10 or so, and need 18 for armorsmithing and 10 for smelting dark iron. I may have the gold, I need to check the shaman, because he used smelting gold to level his mining skill from 155 to 170 so he could mine mithril. I don't think those bars were put on the AH, but I don't remember. I should have them somewhere.