Improved Arcane Missiles 5/5

Arcane Concentration 5/5

Improved Dampen Magic 2/2

Improved Arcane Explosion 5/5

Evocation 1/1

Improved Counter Spell 2/2

Presence of Mind 1/1

Frost (0 points)

Which of the two do you consider more effective in PvE, especially for grinding mobs (high DPS/low downtime)?

Also, in the "Arcane" department, what would you choose: "Improved Mana Shield" or "Improved Dampen Magic"?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Fireball is your bread and butter for PvE as a firemage and pyroblast stacks on top.

The second build isn't anywhere near as useful - if I hadn't known better I would have thought the whole point behind the second build PvP.
nobbie,Oct 28 2005, 06:47 AM Wrote:Which of the two do you consider more effective in PvE, especially for grinding mobs (high DPS/low downtime)?

First build. You can't afford to lose improved fireball.

Quote:Also, in the "Arcane" department, what would you choose: "Improved Mana Shield" or "Improved Dampen Magic"?
[right][snapback]93402[/snapback][/right]

Neither. I'd take two points in Arcane Subtlety or Arcane Focus.
Thanks. The 2nd template was indeed aimed mainly at PvP, iirc. So, I'll take the first one and replace the 2/2 Mana Shield by 2/3 Arcane Subtlety.

Should I complete all 21 talent points in Arcane first before investing a point into Fire?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Oct 29 2005, 09:18 AM Wrote:Thanks. The 2nd template was indeed aimed mainly at PvP, iirc. So, I'll take the first one and replace the 2/2 Mana Shield by 2/3 Arcane Subtlety.

Should I complete all 21 talent points in Arcane first before investing a point into Fire?
[right][snapback]93535[/snapback][/right]

It depends.

If you're on a PvP server, which I suspect you aren't, you go all 21 points Arcane first. If you aren't, 21 points all arcane is okay, but you should probably snag 5 Improved Fireball at levels 15-19, right after you've gotten IAM.
Skandranon,Oct 30 2005, 10:11 AM Wrote:It depends.

If you're on a PvP server, which I suspect you aren't, you go all 21 points Arcane first.  If you aren't, 21 points all arcane is okay, but you should probably snag 5 Improved Fireball at levels 15-19, right after you've gotten IAM.
[right][snapback]93607[/snapback][/right]
It's PvE, so I'll max. Arcane first :)