The Calling Questline in Silithus
Link to Thott for Quest

A medium length questline in silithus summarised below. Ends in killing a raid boss called Roman'Khan

Class specific loot including +51 healing priest gloves, +27 dmg mage gloves, +9def +13 sta warrior leggings.

Popsie, Strats, Gooze and Mishy are all up to the end step. Is anyone else in the same position? If enough of the avarice crew are - maybe we can try to set a time to take Roman'Khan down.

-------------

(General summary copied from thottbot)
Quest line for this is:

1a. Dearest Natalia
After completeting this quest and getting Into the Maw the dwarves at the bronzebeard encampment will have 2 new quests.
1b. Into the Maw of Madness

Bronzebeard quests:
2. Breaking the Code
3. Glyph Chasing

A note found off a random creature in a hive yeilds a quest and could also be a requirement for this:
4. Bronzebeard's Lost letter
edit: since this appears to be an alliance only quest my guess is it has no relation.

After completing all that you get a new quest:
5. The Calling
In this quest you need to kill 3 BIG BUGS. This part requires about 15-20 people. All 3 bugs have spell interrupting knockback on random targets. Killing these bugs does not complete the quest. Once those 3 die the Emissary spawns. By killing him you loot the locking mechanism required to finish the quest. The emissary drops no other known loot at this time. And requires 25-35 people depending on skill of raiders.

Then after doing ALL THAT you finally see loot, 2 blue items, which are CLASS SPECIFIC.
I'm on the final quest as well.

Yuen,Oct 21 2005, 06:28 PM Wrote:4. Bronzebeard's Lost letter
edit: since this appears to be an alliance only quest my guess is it has no relation.

It isn't an alliance-only quest.

Quote:And requires 25-35 people depending on skill of raiders.

As far as I can tell with the encounter, this should read "depending on the amount of dps you can kick out". By far the best (well, only) way we found of dealing with his System Shock attack was to kill him before it became an issue. Of course we may have missed something with the encounter, as it would be a damned shame if this was yet another Highly Scripted Boss Encounter The Like Of Which You've Never Seen Before where the solution was simply "zerg ftw".
You don't know what you're talking about.
Watched Roman'Khan kick the crap out of a horde attempt today, didn't get the numbers or composition, but i was way on the sidelines gettin tagged by his AoE...he's no joke.

A large consorted effort is going to be needed to say the least. With lots of healing. Just the amount of self-heal i needed from STANDING there to watch was kind of ridiculous.

I'm in the hive phase of this quest line right now. Anyone willin to give a hand, it'd be appreciated so i can be on the same page with everyone else. Been solo'in up to this point.

RTM has Hit down there as well and has just began all the new quests. Hopefully i'll be able to link up with him and get some more stuff done.
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
Garrin,Oct 22 2005, 02:13 AM Wrote:Watched Roman'Khan kick the crap out of a horde attempt today, didn't get the numbers or composition, but i was way on the sidelines gettin tagged by his AoE...he's no joke.&nbsp;

A large consorted effort is going to be needed to say the least.&nbsp; With lots of healing.&nbsp; Just the amount of self-heal i needed from STANDING there to watch was kind of ridiculous.&nbsp;
[right][snapback]92890[/snapback][/right]

I got hit (nyuk nyuk nyuk) with his AoE the same as Garrin did but suffered no damage. I don't know if it was a bug or if there's some trick to avoiding the damage altogether. I'm thinking bug, but who knows? I should have charged in and tried tanking him to test it out better, but didn't feel like paying a high repair bill.
RTM,Oct 22 2005, 03:31 AM Wrote:I got hit (nyuk nyuk nyuk) with his AoE the same as Garrin did but suffered no damage.&nbsp; I don't know if it was a bug or if there's some trick to avoiding the damage altogether. I'm thinking bug, but who knows? I should have charged in and tried tanking him to test it out better, but didn't feel like paying a high repair bill.
[right][snapback]92893[/snapback][/right]

What type of damage is that AoE? Correct resistances for the fight may help a lot in dealing with it.
Garrin,Oct 22 2005, 01:13 AM Wrote:I'm in the hive phase of this quest line right now.&nbsp; Anyone willin to give a hand
[right][snapback]92890[/snapback][/right]
Lochnar has done the first step of this line, but the mention of going into a hive resulted in an "oh ick!" and it was declined. Bugs are bad enough, but elite bugs, confined to the passages of a hive, are a no go for this solo mage. If I'm able to play, I'd love to do some of the non-raid party quests with people to get up to the raid point as well. If/when RL lets me spend time in the game, I'll ask around for anyone else wanting to go squash some big ugly bugs. If I'm on with any of the Locharmy, I'd be willing to join the raid/party portions even if they aren't in Lochnar's log yet.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Ruvanal,Oct 22 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:What type of damage is that AoE?&nbsp; Correct resistances for the fight may help a lot in dealing with it.
[right][snapback]92895[/snapback][/right]

It's nature damage. It has a _very_ large area of effect, and does around 400-500 damage. It does the usual stick-you-in-combat-for-5-seconds thing, but unless you've engaged the emissary in some other way (hitting him or healing someone who has) then you'll drop back out of combat after those 5 seconds. This is relevant if you're watching somebody else take him on, as he won't come rampaging after you when he's wiped the attempt :)

He also hits quite hard in melee, but by far his nastiest attack is when he starts using "System Shock". This appears to be a combined mana drain/energy drain/rage drain nature-based attack, which he targets on individual members, and it hits you for around 3000-3500. As well as healing him, this usually leaves you dead or near dead - which may be where the "when someone dies he heals" belief comes from, but I believe it's the other way around - his self-healing attacks just have a tendency to one-shot people. For a raid boss he doesn't have many hitpoints, but he can gain back a couple of percent from this attack.

There is something weird with his mana. He has a metric buttload, of the order of a few hundred thousand, but he seems to expend the vast majority of it immediately (leaving himself with "only" 40K or so). Still, we found it not worth draining his mana, and just dpsing him. I suspect it's just a timed encounter, and like Kazzak with his supreme mode, you must have him dead or nearly dead before he starts using System Shock.
You don't know what you're talking about.
I'm ready for Roman'khan as well, and would be happy to help anyone with the preceding quests leading up to The Calling.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!