True Confessions of a Frost Mage
VoiceMan,Oct 26 2005, 02:42 PM Wrote:I would like to see us as a group (as much as possible anyway) do a bit better at actually being ready to enter the instance at 8:30, not just logging on with the toon that's going.  :D  But, that's just me.  :)
[right][snapback]93262[/snapback][/right]

I think it'd be good to focus on this. I can't commit to earlier than 8:30 (although MOST of the time I am on around 7 or 7:30), but I can commit to doing better about being totally ready to begin at 8:30.
Treesh,Oct 26 2005, 02:21 PM Wrote:I've never been one to skimp on keeping the ranged DPS alive. 
[right][snapback]93256[/snapback][/right]

Me neither! Only Yuri :lol: :D :P
vor_lord,Oct 26 2005, 03:02 PM Wrote:I think it'd be good to focus on this.  I can't commit to earlier than 8:30 (although MOST of the time I am on around 7 or 7:30), but I can commit to doing better about being totally ready to begin at 8:30.
[right][snapback]93267[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately I'm not sure how much better I can do. 8:30 server is 7:30 my time, and with Friday traffic and dinner, it's already pretty tight.

I know last week I was behind on questing up for BRD, and I felt bad about that. About all I can do is log out near where we will be going if I know well enough in advance what 'my toon' is slated for.

I'm willing to have the group start in with 4 without me if I'm not on time, though with my typical role as either MT or MH, that might be an issue in certain situations. If it can be arranged for my group to have my role more 'expendable' to account for potential tardiness, like have a shaman in my group who can MT or MH the early stuff or my group with warlock/hunter so offtanking can take the place of MT in the early going, then this is fine by me, but that would complicate group planning, and that's already pretty complicated.

Anyway I'll do what I can, but like I said, between work, traffic, and dinner, I don't know how much better I can do.

Perhaps instead we work towards a stopping point after such and such a time where we fold two groups into one. If we do a bit better research on the instances, we can have a clear goal of not necessarily completing the instance, but maybe completing a specific portion of it (like for last week's BRD we could have had a goal for the key, Incendius and Bael'whatever, which would have been achievable in a reasonable amount of time if we knew what we were doing.) This can help provide a distinct, agreed upon acceptable jumping off time for those on central time / the pumpkins. Such that after a certain time we agree to stop after the next boss or next convenient stopping place in the instance if we are not within sight of completion.

I will likely always be in for the long haul just because I'm a late night person + I'm on Pacific time, but I fully understand that others are not.

As for other days, I too am likely in Bonemage's situation where there is probably not an acceptable second time at this point. Most available time is probably weeknights at a time too late for others.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
vor_lord,Oct 26 2005, 05:04 PM Wrote:Me neither!  Only Yuri  :lol:  :D  :P
[right][snapback]93268[/snapback][/right]
Well, Yuri is a special case. ;) :D
Intolerant monkey.
VoiceMan,Oct 26 2005, 04:42 PM Wrote:On the subject of other set days for instance runs, I'm up for that.  My schedule is very similar to Alram's.  Thursday nights would be a good night for me to do an instance run as well.  In fact, Thursdays are better for me to stay up late than Fridays are, as this lazy radio announcer doesn't have to be to work during the week til 10 am, but Saturdays are 7 am.  :P
[right][snapback]93262[/snapback][/right]
Gah. I really don't want to have to choose even more between playing horde and playing with the stormrage folks. Thursdays are raid nights on Stormrage and those are the only nights where I can actually make the entire raid instead of showing up 2+ hours late. If the folks on Terenas do Thursdays too I either lose out on great horde stuff or lose out on great avarice stuff. If that's the only other day for people I'll just have to suck it up and deal and lose out on one thing or another.

However, since we start stuff at 8:30 server time (and yes, I agree that we (me included. Me especially? ;) ) need to actually start at 8:30 rather than just log in at 8:30) on Terenas, that's just after I get off of work so any day of the week except Thursdays works for me.
Intolerant monkey.
I certainly understand traffic and dinner and things, and I don't want to sound like we're trying to be real strict about it. I guess what I was mostly hoping to avoid is folks playing alts til 8:30, and then switching to the toon that is headed to the instance, and then needing to travel, etc. As far as making Treesh (or anyone else) :P have to choose between the Alliance (cough, cough) ;) or horde runs on Thursdays, I don't want to do that. In all honesty, Monday nights are great for me, Tuesday nights are great for me, and Thursday nights are great for me. I'm mainly saying to all and anyone that I am usually online those evenings for quite some time, and would be willing and very interested in doing something. If we have enough folks who can fairly regularly do something on one of those evenings, then I'm all over that. :) I even have a level 13 human mage (Non-Guilded as of yet) on Stormrage, and yes, I would even like to possibly do some things with him. He languishes all alone over there....sniff, sniff. :P
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Alram,Oct 27 2005, 04:49 AM Wrote:I have trouble even getting them all selected.&nbsp; The tab key doesn't really tell me which mob is selected and where that mob is, when there is a big pile of them. Manually selecting each mob is close to impossible with a big crew.&nbsp; I find it stressful.
[right][snapback]93223[/snapback][/right]

I know that Concillian mentioned discord unit frames as a helpful tool, but another one to consider is TipBuddy. It lets you heavily customise your tooltip and show - amongst other fairly cosmetic things - debuffs on it. While you mentioned that you don't like to manually select things, I've found having debuffs on the tooltip really helpful the few times I've tanked with Tregor as I can just mouse over mobs looking for those nasty untapped squishy-killers. :)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink