Favorite Vids
While cruising for some new videos, I thought it would be nice to share our favorites.

The Druid and the Broken Tree. A nice druid pvp movie. There are better edited druid vids out there, and vids with bigger numbers, but there's something I like about this one. Has a nice, warm, cuddly feel about it. :P

The next three feed my interested in editing, as well as the small part of me that secretly like hardcore drum and bass music. Unknown and Unknown II. Wow! I have no idea if this guy is a good mage, but boy he sure can drive an editing suit! Both worth it just for the final sequences. (WARNING: Chances are you will absolutely hate both those movies if you don't like either of the following: hardcore drum and base/techno music, and hideously over-editted movies with lots of After Effects stuff in them. Luckily for me, I quite like both. :) )

Another in the heavily/overly edited catagory is Jace - Spitfire. Worth it just for the tauren lip-synch. :lol:

And, in the honorable mentions:
World of Roguecraft 3, worth it for the conversation between the warlock and the rogue at the start. The rest is pretty nice too. ;)
Zinwrath! Thanks to whoever posted this here. Great stuff!
Was also going to post a link to Onyxia being downed by a raid in wedding dresses, but the page is down. :(

Anyways, those are some of my favorite vids. Would love to see everyone else's. :)

edit for the speelings.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,Oct 29 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:World of Roguecraft 3, worth it for the conversation between the warlock and the rogue at the start. The rest is pretty nice too. ;)

/spit
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark I don't know why you hate that movie so much. It's kind of true ^_^ I've taken up dueling with lvl 6 mh lvl 13 daggers I bought off the ah.... it's sick that almost half of them have been wins.

2 of my favorites:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=1035
Mage pvp
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=4553
Paladin pvp ^_^ - rank 14 paladin.... VERY fun watch
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
Watto44,Oct 29 2005, 07:04 PM Wrote:And, in the honorable mentions:
World of Roguecraft 3, worth it for the conversation between the warlock and the rogue at the start. The rest is pretty nice too. ;)
[right][snapback]93574[/snapback][/right]

World of Roguecraft 2 is also an entertaining watch. I may not agree with all of his points, but they're fun videos.
Thanks for the links Darklord! I'll check them out in the days to come. :)

NotSoDarklord,Oct 30 2005, 07:06 PM Wrote:Quark  I don't know why you hate that movie so much.  It's kind of true ^_^  I've taken up dueling with lvl 6 mh lvl 13 daggers I bought off the ah.... it's sick that almost half of them have been wins.
[right][snapback]93602[/snapback][/right]

I can definately understand why Quark hates it. It propagates the rogue myth(s): that they are overpowered and played by idiots. The reason I like the coversation between the rogue and the warlock is because I think the rogue's a funny character. He's an amusing stereotype that bares absolutely no resemblance to any of the rogues on my friends list. :D (He actually reminds me of a shaman who tried to convince me that druids were overpowered - pre 1.8 - and that he needed a buff....)

To go off on a bit of a tangent...The thing I find interesting about Roguecraft is that it highlights something interesting about PvP vids. The fact is, if you watch just about any PvP vid you'll come away thinking that the class it's about is overpowered. "Oh noes! Class-X is totally overpowered! That guy beats everything!!11!!one!" I'm a voracious consumer of druid PvP vids, and I used to get really down about how easy they made it look until I started watching them more carefully. When you do that you generally see one of two things: either the hero gets a lucky break or the villain makes a (series) of mistake(s). For me the trick to watching these sort of vids is to say, "Yeah, I can farm them for new ideas, but not take them too seriously."

The thing with Roguecraft is people make a knee-jerk reaction to it without actually watching it. They see "zomg!! Naked rogue beating people" without seeing the keyboard turners, enormous gaps in his opponent's tactics and the lucky breaks he got.

That being said, I still watch that coversation and laugh. Kas and Mino, I'm thinking of you guys. B)

Back on topic....I'd love for someone to post some good "story" vids, as well as some priest vids. :)

PS. Is "knee-jerk" one word, two words, or hyphenated?!
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Before that video came out, Blizzard started requesting feedback from Rogues about problems with their class. Simple things like what breaks stealth, bugs, and such. What talents we considered useless. Problems with poisons. Complete and utter lack of utility for raids.

The video came out, and the nerfs continued. No response whatsoever about all the feedback given. Sure, they say the video didn't affect their thinking. But then why the hell were they so interested in Rogues before the video, and then proceeded to do nothing with them afterwards?

Make no mistake, I think the instant attack value change is an overall good thing. But if Blizzard didn't want to include a nerf along with it, dagger speed would be static at 1.8, not 1.7.

As for the video itself, it's somewhat interesting to see what he can do. But then I see all the things his opponents are doing wrong and I think "this isn't a video to say nerf rogues, it's a video to prove how many idiots there are." I also have a thing for hating propoganda.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Oct 30 2005, 01:25 PM Wrote:Before that video came out, Blizzard started requesting feedback from Rogues about problems with their class.  Simple things like what breaks stealth, bugs, and such.  What talents we considered useless.  Problems with poisons.  Complete and utter lack of utility for raids.

The video came out, and the nerfs continued.  No response whatsoever about all the feedback given.[right][snapback]93614[/snapback][/right]

Hi there. Priest here. See that holy tree? Still waiting. Not much comfort, but it's not just rogues that are being shafted here ;)
You don't know what you're talking about.
Oh I know, and I truly agree with Paladins getting the look now, and Shaman talents getting looked at (but if they get stronger PvP I'm gonna be sick), etc, etc. It's just false hope was given to the Rogues.

And since I was disconnected due to a misbehaving addon 4 times tonight, I lost 8 poisons before taking down Onyxia. But the poison issue isn't important, if you ask Blizzard.
Quark,Oct 30 2005, 11:44 PM Wrote:And since I was disconnected due to a misbehaving addon 4 times tonight, I lost 8 poisons before taking down Onyxia.  But the poison issue isn't important, if you ask Blizzard.
[right][snapback]93648[/snapback][/right]

Poisons cost a whole hell of a lot less than high-end sharpening stones and weightstones. Blizzard has stated before that it's not an easy fix.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Oct 30 2005, 08:35 PM Wrote:Poisons cost a whole hell of a lot less than high-end sharpening stones and weightstones.  Blizzard has stated before that it's not an easy fix.
[right][snapback]93650[/snapback][/right]

Pfft, that crap's free. There's no place to get poison except from vendors.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
A fun watch. Stupid Mage Tricks A nice change of music and interesting. A bit long, but clipping the video could've damaged the integrity.

Edit: Didn't link directly to Filefront where the file is hosted because it seems to be having problems right now.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Quark,Oct 30 2005, 07:44 PM Wrote:Oh I know, and I truly agree with Paladins getting the look now, and Shaman talents getting looked at (but if they get stronger PvP I'm gonna be sick), etc, etc.  It's just false hope was given to the Rogues.

[right][snapback]93648[/snapback][/right]

Where'd you see that? Not that I really think shaman need a buff, but some of the talents need to be looked at. Off the top of my head, Improved Grounding Totem is aweful, and all the prereqs for Mana Tide are terrible too.
oldmandennis,Oct 31 2005, 01:40 PM Wrote:Where'd you see that?  Not that I really think shaman need a buff, but some of the talents need to be looked at.  Off the top of my head, Improved Grounding Totem is aweful, and all the prereqs for Mana Tide are terrible too.
[right][snapback]93697[/snapback][/right]

Mana tide itself isn't all that great either. It just gets worse when you add the prereqs and look at what you sacrifice for it. But yeah people who play shaman realize they need talent work too. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Arethor,Oct 31 2005, 04:59 PM Wrote:A fun watch.  Stupid Mage Tricks  A nice change of music and interesting.  A bit long, but clipping the video could've damaged the integrity.

Edit: Didn't link directly to Filefront where the file is hosted because it seems to be having problems right now.
[right][snapback]93687[/snapback][/right]

That's a good one, but I'm a pretty good fan of most of Faxmonkey's videos. Listing of them here. I especially like the PvP ones, like the new one, Revenge of the Monkey. Possibly because he's using a nearly identical spec and gear to what I am. (Well, soon as I hit honored with the Frostwolf, and magically gain 100 DKP so that I can get a Talisman of Ephemeral Power.)

I'm kinda obsessive about stuff, particularly PvP. So I spend far too much time lurking around warcraftmovies.com, downloading and watching PvP videos. I've got videos of pretty much every class, except for Shaman. Meh, just don't much care what shamans do in PvP, so long as they continue doing it to people trying to kill me. I'll just kinda go class by class and list some of my favorites.

Paladin:

McHammar's videos. All about the Reckoning bomb, for the most part. I kinda have some respect for this guy from some things I've seen him write about the paladin in PvP; going on about how it's the perfect support class, to the point that he called the paladin a pet class, as opposed to whining about lack of DPS in solo PvP. Choice of pets? Hunter, mage, warlock, rogue, warrior. Keep the pets healed and happy and they'll keep the people around them dead.

Zalgradis is cool too.

Can't touch this. >:D

Mage:

Mantrid's got a fun video.

There's the Aforementioned Faxmonkey.

Otherguy's Sorrow Hill videos have become pretty infamous.

Saerdna here has a similar build to Otherguy, and performs in a similar manner, but has some really odd/interesting music choices. (If the download even works anymore. I've got both of his videos on my comp, but I think Filefront broke it some time ago.)

Warlock:

Drakedog? Seduce-nuke can be fun. The third and fourth videos especially, where he moved away from the cookie-cutter SM/Ruin, and picked up a heavy destruction Conflag build, even before the Conflagrate buff.

Eos! Eos is awesome. Each video tends to have a completely different build--SM/Ruin, Conflagrate, Soul Link--showing the viability and power of many different builds, and the amazing adaptability of the warlock.

Pintsize! Pintsize's video isn't particularly 'leet,' and doesn't always show 'mad pwnage of nubs,' but it's got a humor and a style to it, with some very amusing music choices.

Finkrat 3 This video in particular of Finkrat's I like. It's using the Demonic Sacrifice/Shadow Mastery build, which is extremely rare in PvP. A very different way to play the warlock class, but still viable, and still powerful.

Warrior:

Outdoors PvP with Sulfuras, the Hand of Ragnaros.

Rogue:

Here's Rontu. Perhaps I really only think this one is awesome because it's my server. It's especially awesome when he kills people I don't like. And funny when he kills two of my good friends (a troll hunter and an undead mage, sitting in Forgewright's Tomb) simultaneously. I don't think they found it as funny as I did.

Hunter:

Dwarf on Fire! Kind of like Pintsize. Except with a hunter. And less interesting music.

Druid:

Gimped, by Ferahgo.

... and that leaves... priest. For some reason I just don't have any decent priest pvp videos. I guess it is an inherent trait to the priest class that you are against recording your exploits?
Quote:Druid:

Gimped, by Ferahgo.

Woohoo! Old school druid stuff! ;) I miss my moofire spam sometimes. :P (For those that are curious, back in the day - hehe, couldn't resist - moofire spam was pretty much the druids best friend. Then every mage and his dog got a minimum 4k hp and we had to put all the other buttons back on our interface. :blush: )

Thanks for all the links guys! My download rate is pretty slow, so it takes me a while. I'll get through them eventually. For the movie buffs out there, I'd recommend trolling the EU forums a little. They seem to pump out new stuff almost daily.
I hate flags

Arethor,Oct 31 2005, 11:59 AM Wrote:A fun watch.  Stupid Mage Tricks  A nice change of music and interesting.  A bit long, but clipping the video could've damaged the integrity.

[right][snapback]93687[/snapback][/right]

Oh, wow, that was hilarious.
This video makes me feel pretty inadequate as a warrior. :(

To be fair, it was made when the 52-point talent bug was in effect, he had a great team supporting him, and he's buffed to infinity and beyond, but still, it's darned impressive.

EDIT: haha, poor guy
I thought I'd dredge this one up from the back pages to add a couple of updates.

Pathologist has released Unknown III and also a remake of Dopefish's Explorer. I'm currently downloading the explorer remake now (will let you know), but I enjoyed Unknown III. Good as three was, Unknown I is still my favorite and one of a handful of WoW movies I keep coming back to.

Ferahgo of "Gimped" and "Innervated" fame released a new flick which he co-made with an EU druid, Boro. Never has some of the slickest production values I've seen in a PvP vid, and is an enjoyable watch. Ironically, I probably enjoyed Gimped the most of Ferahgo's vids, purely because there was an element of joy about it, when everything was fresh, new and exciting. :)

Post the druid patch (1.8) a slew of druid movies came out, most of them feral but a few moonkin vids in there as well. My personal favorite is Nurf Druids 2 by Azgaz, another EU druid. Derek's vids are worth checking out as well, both the feral and balance ones. It's always nice to see someone who actually tries a variety of build options, particularly given the current climate on the official druid boards at the moment. :)

Sysyphus's rogue vids are pretty good, and you've got to plug someone who was on your server. :D

Which brings me to the main reason I wanted to resurrect this post...

So we could all reflect on the huge irony of World of Roguecraft, where a warlocks complains that anything is over powered. :shuriken:

edit: bah, stupid links. :(
I hate flags

Watto44,Feb 21 2006, 12:08 PM Wrote:Pathologist has released Unknown III and also a remake of Dopefish's Explorer. I'm currently downloading the explorer remake now (will let you know), but I enjoyed Unknown III. Good as three was, Unknown I is still my favorite and one of a handful of WoW movies I keep coming back to.
[right][snapback]102517[/snapback][/right]

The Unknown series, I agree, in particular is good (although I guess I'm odd in liking the third one the best). I just think it's a bit funny that, on my mage, for the bit of time I spent AP/Fire specced, my non-AP fireballs do as much damage as his AP fireballs. :) He's still a good mage, however, and knows how to make a very good video.

Illegal Danish

Same guys who did Zinwrath - The Movie.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek