Time for the Spell Power Enchant
Much to my astonishment, the Glowing Brightwood Staff that dropped for La Mage while she was doing her lv 50 Mage quest in Azshara, sold at the AH last night for 751g. Not sure of course, but I think that they have been going ... at least I've seen them listed for ... 600-650, so - once again - the last minute luck of the Sabra may have kicked in.

Who knows? Who cares? It is now time to add the Spell Power enchant to La Mage's Staff of Dominance.

With Skan's help, I have located a player in Critical Mass who can do this enchant, but I would like to ask here first if any one of you can provide it. Count on a generous tip.

Rather than running into the AH and purchasing the mats immediately, I would prefer to give the gold to members of our Avarice Alliance who would like to sell the ingredients to me. Here is a Link to the recipe, which is composed of:

4 Large Brilliant Shards - currently 10g each
12 Greater Eternal Essences - currently 6g each
4 Essences of Fire - currently 10g each
4 Essences of Water - currently 9g each
4 Essences of Air - currently 15g each
2 Golden Pearls - currently 65g for two or 35g for one

The prices are based on what I found today at the AH. In every case I have gone with what I found to be the prevailing high end price.

My plan is to wait out the weekend to give anyone who cares to participate sufficient time to respond. It would be a great source of satisfaction to me to give this gold to you rather than a stranger.

I hope I'm not breaking every rule that this forum holds dear, and if I am, Dearest Admins, nuke away. I don't expect forum rules to be bent for me, nor would I want to set what might be viewed as a bad precedent.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Nov 4 2005, 11:00 AM Wrote:4 Large Brilliant Shards - currently 10g each
12 Greater Eternal Essences - currently 6g each
4 Essences of Fire - currently 10g each
4 Essences of Water - currently 9g each
[right][snapback]94083[/snapback][/right]

Sharanna has the four large brilliant shards, 12 greater eternal essences, 4 essences of fire and at least one or two essence of water.
Tal,Nov 4 2005, 11:30 AM Wrote:Sharanna has the four large brilliant shards, 12 greater eternal essences, 4 essences of fire and at least one or two essence of water.
[right][snapback]94087[/snapback][/right]

Tal, thank you so much for allowing this post. I was quite sure it would be laid to rest.

In the mail to Sharanna - 172g, which includes payment for 2 essences of water. Please check the math and make sure you agree. Let me know if there's any discrepancy, and if there is one in your favor, please keep the change as a small token of all you have done for me. Let me know if I've under-calculated. If you only have one Essence of Water, put the extra gold on the cuff.

Please mail mats to Sabramage.

So now, Gentle Readers, I am left with the following needs:

2 Essences of Water - currently 9g each

And the enchant of course, if any one of us has it.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Nov 4 2005, 11:19 AM Wrote:Tal, thank you so much for allowing this post. I was quite sure it would be laid to rest.

In the mail to Sharanna - 172g, which includes payment for 2 essences of water. Please check the math and make sure you agree. Let me know if there's any discrepancy, and if there is one in your favor, please keep the change as a small token of all you have done for me. Let me know if I've under-calculated. If you only have one Essence of Water, put the extra gold on the cuff.

Please mail mats to Sabramage.

So now, Gentle Readers, I am left with the following needs:

2 Essences of Water - currently 9g each

And the enchant of course, if any one of us has it.
[right][snapback]94091[/snapback][/right]

2 Essences of Water off and I have 3 more if you need them. If you send any money my way it will be returned.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I can transmute essence of water into essence of air. I sent 4 of my Essence of Air and 2 of the golden pearls I've been stockpiling to Sabramage.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Gnollguy,Nov 4 2005, 01:32 PM Wrote:2 Essences of Water off and I have 3 more if you need them.  If you send any money my way it will be returned.
[right][snapback]94099[/snapback][/right]

Thank you so much, GG!!! I agree. We're square. 'Nuff said. ;)

:wub:

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
kandrathe,Nov 4 2005, 04:08 PM Wrote:I can transmute essence of water into essence of air.  I sent 4 of my Essence of Air and 2 of the golden pearls I've been stockpiling to Sabramage.
[right][snapback]94121[/snapback][/right]

Woot, Kan! Thank you so much!!!

Is there an expense involved with the transmutation? Please let me know.

Meanwhile 125g in the mail to Cele.

And with that, Gentle Readers, all materials gathered and not a copper in the pocket of non-family.

Now???? Who's got that Spell Power enchant?

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Not to de-rail this thread too much, but I thought I might point out that the AH has a LOT of Pattern: Robe of the Archmage up right now. One of them had a 200g bid and 275g buyout. That's lower than I've seen in the recent past. Thus, if you wanted to use some of your surprise spending cash on something you've been looking for, for a long time, this would also be a good place to look. :)

EDIT: And with so many of those up on the AH, the price might drop even further if the patterns don't sell at their current prices. It's something to keep an eye on, for sure.
-TheDragoon
Kindness of Sharanna, I now have the pattern and need to begin getting the mats. I have just about enough gold left over from my last project to complete this one. Glowing Brightwood Staff been bery, bery good to me!

Yikes! What a load of Mats they are too. And i'm a bit troubled, because if I buy these mats from the AH, then clearly I'm supporting the gold farmers.

So, I'm making the identical offer that I made with the Spell Power enchant. I love keeping the gold in the family and would vastly prefer to purchase the mats from members of Avarice.

Price Offered:
12x Bolt of Runecloth
10x Essence of Fire 9g each
10x Essence of Air 15g each
10x Essence of Earth 8g each
10x Essence of Water 9g each
2x Rune Thread

I am so looking forward to having La Mage NOT look like a Kabuki performer!

[Image: Robes.jpg]

Please respond if you are interested in participating.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Nov 14 2005, 07:19 AM Wrote:...

So, I'm making the identical offer that I made with the Spell Power enchant. I love keeping the gold in the family and would vastly prefer to purchase the mats from members of Avarice.

Please respond if you are interested in participating.
[right][snapback]94732[/snapback][/right]
I would discuss the Essence of Fire and Earth with guild leadership, since we have so much in the guild bank. For Air, really, it is easiest to farm either Felwood Toxic Horrors or EP Blighted Surge or Plague Ravagers for Elemental Water, then transmute into Air. I will keep my transmute capabilites for you and farm up as much eWater as I can. :-)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

kandrathe,Nov 14 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:I would discuss the Essence of Fire and Earth with guild leadership, since we have so much in the guild bank.  For Air, really, it is easiest to farm either Felwood Toxic Horrors or EP Blighted Surge or Plague Ravagers for Elemental Water, then transmute into Air.   I will keep my transmute capabilites for you and farm up as much eWater as I can.  :-)
[right][snapback]94741[/snapback][/right]

Hi, Kan:

The water is not what has me worried, and I really appreciate your offer to transmute and assist with farming. Thank you Kan.

It's the fire and earth I'm wondering about. So yes, I guess I could check with the bank. I just feel funny about it, because it's not like I can say ... here take this gold and give me the mats, then buy what you want. Or maybe I can.

Edited here

Having reviewed the bank list at CA along with the requests that have been posted there, I just don't see how this robe would fit in. It seems like a personal item. Definintely not for the good of the raid. And yeah, the essence of fire is really going to be a problem.... Looks like I may be stuck with the AH for this one. :angry:

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Nov 14 2005, 01:51 PM Wrote:...
Definintely not for the good of the raid. And yeah, the essence of fire is really going to be a problem.... Looks like I may be stuck with the AH for this one. 
[right][snapback]94765[/snapback][/right]
I disagree. You are an integral part of our raid core, and making all of us more powerful is for the good of the group. The items in the bank belong to everyone who helped farm them, so if someone has a good use for them (and in this case you are willing to "BUY" them transforming those materials into gold, which could also be used for the good of the group, say to buy librams of resiliance). We need some EOF for Onyxia Scale cloaks, but not 60, and we have little need (that I know of) for EOE.

I've said my peace. :D But, rather than make some gold farmers rich at the AH, let's go hit the volcano and some Stone Guardians in Un'Goro. Shouldn't take too long with company.

Sabra,Nov 14 2005, 11:51 AM Wrote:aving reviewed the bank list at CA along with the requests that have been posted there, I just don't see how this robe would fit in. It seems like a personal item. Definintely not for the good of the raid. And yeah, the essence of fire is really going to be a problem.... Looks like I may be stuck with the AH for this one.  :angry:
[right][snapback]94765[/snapback][/right]
On the bright side, essence of fire is pretty cheap on the AH right now. I had to buy a couple to get Dragoon the stuff for the robe of the void. I didn't have to pay more than 6g for an essence. :)
-TheDragoon
kandrathe,Nov 15 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:I disagree.  You are an integral part of our raid core, and making all of us more powerful is for the good of the group.  The items in the bank belong to everyone who helped farm them, so if someone has a good use for them (and in this case you are willing to "BUY" them transforming those materials into gold, which could also be used for the good of the group, say to buy librams of resiliance).  We need some EOF for Onyxia Scale cloaks, but not 60, and we have little need (that I know of) for EOE.

I've said my peace. :D  But, rather than make some gold farmers rich at the AH, let's go hit the volcano and some Stone Guardians in Un'Goro.  Shouldn't take too long with company.
[right][snapback]94888[/snapback][/right]

Your point is well taken Kan and I thank you for your thoughts. I PM-ed Quark about this, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'd like to get the reaction of someone on the council.

Un'Goro ... You're On!!!!

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
TheDragoon,Nov 15 2005, 12:16 PM Wrote:On the bright side, essence of fire is pretty cheap on the AH right now.  I had to buy a couple to get Dragoon the stuff for the robe of the void.  I didn't have to pay more than 6g for an essence.  :)
[right][snapback]94894[/snapback][/right]

Which AH were you hitting? Not the same one I go to. They're about 9g right now.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Nov 15 2005, 11:16 AM Wrote:Which AH were you hitting? Not the same one I go to. They're about 9g right now.
[right][snapback]94913[/snapback][/right]
I'd suggest waiting until the weekend. I've found that most things like essences (or righteous orbs, since they're what I'm looking for now) are cheaper on the weekend than during the week.
-TheDragoon
I agree about hitting Un'Goro to farm up Essences of Fire - I farmed one last week for a Cinderhide Cloak, for an eventual Onyxia Hide Cloak. I was pretty lucky I think, but I didn't spend much time in Un'Goro at all before I had the drop I needed. Give a shout if you need a hand, and if I'm not otherwise engaged, I'll come and help. :)
Sabra,Nov 15 2005, 01:15 PM Wrote:Un'Goro ... You're On!!!!
[right][snapback]94912[/snapback][/right]

You know, Krystian has a quest on that very humpbacked mass of nastiness otherwise despoiling the beauty that is Un'Goro. :whistling:

If not Sharanna's axe and Shalandrax's bow...I mean sword...I mean sword and bow are available. Now all you need is a gnome with bracers of power and 9 devilsaurs hunting him. ;)
martini,Nov 15 2005, 04:07 PM Wrote:I agree about hitting Un'Goro to farm up Essences of Fire - I farmed one last week for a Cinderhide Cloak, for an eventual Onyxia Hide Cloak. I was pretty lucky I think, but I didn't spend much time in Un'Goro at all before I had the drop I needed. Give a shout if you need a hand, and if I'm not otherwise engaged, I'll come and help. :)
[right][snapback]94939[/snapback][/right]

Thanks so much for your encouraging reply, Bell. I'm off to hit Un'Goro now.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!