Confirmed 1.9 Patch Notes
Icebird,Nov 24 2005, 02:28 PM Wrote:I think that's even more impressive than the increased damage to Searing Pain warlocks got.

It's maximum damage increased by 1.

Chris
[right][snapback]95717[/snapback][/right]
But it was for all ranks! :shuriken:
The error occurred on line -1.
Zarathustra,Nov 24 2005, 10:24 AM Wrote:Oh, Druids?  Yeah, the stats on the Stormrage set were apparently too high, so they've been decreased.  +14 mana/5 has been added to compensate.  There's still zero spell damage.

In a time where the goal seems to be NOT to pigeonhole characters, they've gone and made sure the Stormrage set is geared 100% towards Restoration Druids.  The only boon to Balance Druids is a larger mana pool due to the intellect (and a very slight increase to crit%), and the only benefit Feral Druids can hope to gain is a higher base armor value for Dire Bear form.

[right][snapback]95715[/snapback][/right]

1) Mana/time is a huge stat for raiding.

2) Look at the right side if this image. Also this set, with unknown bonuses.

3) Stop looking to gear that drops in high end PVE encounters for your PvP gear. I wear blue pants over my tier 1 ones for PvP/melee stuff.

4) You might want to try Silithus, if you are looking for +all spells leather gear. The lesser ones drop 3 greens that can have a +12 focus and the medium ones drop 2 blues at +18 each. Total bonus +72 from stuff that you can do most of the farming solo, and only need a max of 5 men to finish. It might not have showed up in your survey because it is a random enchant. The ones you want are "of Sorcery". Its not a solution, but its something.
Zippyy,Nov 24 2005, 12:26 PM Wrote:On the bright side, they increased the Searing Pain damage for all ranks by 1 point.  Whoopie!
Considering neither of them have diminishing returns on Enslave as of 1.8[right][snapback]95721[/snapback][/right]

Diminishing returns are back in 1.9. Again, Infernal and DG are useless.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
oldmandennis,Nov 27 2005, 07:05 AM Wrote:2) Look at the right side if this image.  Also this set, with unknown bonuses.
[right][snapback]95815[/snapback][/right]

Hehe, I saw that posted on the official boards about ten minutes after I made my last post. Very nice. :)

oldmandennis,Nov 27 2005, 07:05 AM Wrote:3) Stop looking to gear that drops in high end PVE encounters for your PvP gear.  I wear blue pants over my tier 1 ones for PvP/melee stuff.
[right][snapback]95815[/snapback][/right]

The problem here is that some classes DO get acceptable PvP gear through high end PvE. Giantstalker, for example, gives alright hp, 4% crit (before agility is factored in) and a nice load of agility. Even Earthfury, which has no strength or agility on it (poor enhancement shammies) still has 2% to crit with spells. (It also has a small amount of spell damage - 27 - but I don't think that's a significant figure in this picture.) Those classes whose PvE role doesn't mesh so well with PvP were behind the eight ball in this, as they were forced to use lower ivalued items.

But I don't that that what the real issue is. The problem seems to be that certain class builds have seen very little to no itemization from high end PvE, with every decent bit of gear for them either dropping in DM/BRS/Strat/Scholo etc or not dropping at all.

Happily enough, it looks as though Bliz is trying to address this through the loot tables in AQ. :-)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
oldmandennis,Nov 26 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:1) Mana/time is a huge stat for raiding.

I'm no stranger to raiding. I know how beneficial mana/5 can be.

Quote:2) Look at the right side if this image.  Also this set, with unknown bonuses.

Nice, but for the most part paling in comparison to items that drop in raid instances already. The set bonuses on Unending Life may make all the difference, so I'll have to wait and see fo rthose.

Quote:3) Stop looking to gear that drops in high end PVE encounters for your PvP gear.  I wear blue pants over my tier 1 ones for PvP/melee stuff.

When did I mention PvP?
See you in Town,
-Z
Lissa,Nov 26 2005, 06:05 PM Wrote:Diminishing returns are back in 1.9.  Again, Infernal and DG are useless.
[right][snapback]95820[/snapback][/right]
I just found out today.

I can't find an emoticon to express myself, so I'll have to settle for the opposite of how I feel.

:wub:
Zippyy,Nov 24 2005, 08:51 PM Wrote:Well... hrm.  I hate to be a Whinelock, but that's a superbly lackluster and misguided solution to the problem of shards.  By 60, most warlocks should have shard management down pat.  The problem isn't storage space (although the bag will help), it's farming for shards.  Eyonix promised us way more.  E fails again.

At least it's BoE, so our locks can all get it fairly quickly.
[right][snapback]95740[/snapback][/right]
I think the numbers are 20-slot recipe bought in gadgetzan, 24-slot recipe which is a drop in Scholo (or strat, forget which), and 28-slot drop in MC.

I'm a bit angry personally that after 9 months of no word on the bag, and after the devs saying that there were technical limitations on the bag, they went and put it in without saying a single word on the warlock forum.

On a good note, Tseric said he was going to push for some kind of bonus on the bags, since they don't do a whole lot. He said for him it's basically all bonus, as he always has 32 shards, so he sacrifices 4 shards and opens up 16 slots. If I was still in the game, it would help me at all, as I generally had 16 at most.

There were also mentions in the warlock forum that Tseric was going to talk with the developers about some way to ease shard gathering. The two suggestions (with acknowledged pros and cons) were a spell upgrade drop in MC or somewhere that gave two shards from an enemy, and ghosts at graveyards that were invisible and yellow so that there would be easier to find enemies that gave shards. Neither really helps the PvP issues of the shard gathering.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Raelynn,Nov 27 2005, 05:30 PM Wrote:There were also mentions in the warlock forum that Tseric was going to talk with the developers about some way to ease shard gathering.  The two suggestions (with acknowledged pros and cons) were a spell upgrade drop in MC or somewhere that gave two shards from an enemy, and ghosts at graveyards that were invisible and yellow so that there would be easier to find enemies that gave shards.  Neither really helps the PvP issues of the shard gathering.
[right][snapback]95849[/snapback][/right]
Tseric has done more in the couple of months as our acting CM than Eyonix did in the past year.

RIP Whelp.

At least... Tseric has posted more. :) He was working on Thanksgiving! He stays at the office until 5am! A true gamer. At least he PLAYS a warlock.
Zippyy,Nov 27 2005, 11:56 PM Wrote:Tseric has done more in the couple of months as our acting CM than Eyonix did in the past year.

RIP Whelp.

At least... Tseric has posted more. :) He was working on Thanksgiving!  He stays at the office until 5am!  A true gamer.  At least he PLAYS a warlock.
[right][snapback]95863[/snapback][/right]

Must be nice... *Has forgotten who the hunter "Rep" is, as they've not been seen in forever.*

Seriously, I can't remember the last blue post on the hunter forums. I'm wondering why they even bothere to give us one.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Nov 28 2005, 04:38 PM Wrote:Must be nice... *Has forgotten who the hunter "Rep" is, as they've not been seen in forever.*

Seriously, I can't remember the last blue post on the hunter forums. I'm wondering why they even bothere to give us one.
[right][snapback]95868[/snapback][/right]

Hehe, she stopped posting on the hunter forums because of the personal abuse directed at her during 1.7 testing.

Not surprisingly, she's stopped posting on the druid forums post-1.8....I said I didn't want any whine with my cheese thank you very much.

Quote:Neither really helps the PvP issues of the shard gathering.

As I understand it, the issue is that drain soul (or whatever the spell is) is not a good pvp spell. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Perhaps a non-channeled does-nothing debuff that gives you a shard when the debuffed player dies would work?
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,Nov 28 2005, 02:54 AM Wrote:Hehe, she stopped posting on the hunter forums because of the personal abuse directed at her during 1.7 testing.

Not surprisingly, she's stopped posting on the druid forums post-1.8....I said I didn't want any whine with my cheese thank you very much.
As I understand it, the issue is that drain soul (or whatever the spell is) is not a good pvp spell. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Perhaps a non-channeled does-nothing debuff that gives you a shard when the debuffed player dies would work?
[right][snapback]95871[/snapback][/right]

Or maybe just make players damaged by a Warlock automatically drop Soul Shards (if they grant experience / honor)?
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Well, yeah, I guess you could do that too... :blush:
I hate flags

Roland,Nov 28 2005, 05:52 AM Wrote:Or maybe just make players damaged by a Warlock automatically drop Soul Shards (if they grant experience / honor)?
[right][snapback]95872[/snapback][/right]

With Warlock AoE and easy debuffing? Not a chance.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Here are details on all the neat new enchanting recipes:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...tmp=1#post97874

There is a new fire resist for cloaks, a +threat to gloves, lots of caster glove enchantments, +stealth or dodge to cloaks, and of course the new enchanting oils.
Xanthix,Nov 28 2005, 01:01 PM Wrote:Here are details on all the neat new enchanting recipes:

There is a new fire resist for cloaks, a +threat to gloves, lots of caster glove enchantments, +stealth or dodge to cloaks, and of course the new enchanting oils.
[right][snapback]95881[/snapback][/right]

I suggest now that everyone starts complaining to Blizzard about temporary item buffs being lost on disconnection/zoning. Either that, or prepare to join in the Rogues' misery that is lost poisons.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Xanthix,Nov 28 2005, 02:01 PM Wrote:Here are details on all the neat new enchanting recipes:

There is also a +15 enchant to agility on gloves! Guess what that means!? It means I'll be creeping closer to 500 agility unbuffed.
Xanthix,Nov 28 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:Here are details on all the neat new enchanting recipes:

*Drools over +20 Shadow Damage glove enchant and +15 FR Cloak enchant*

Also, from looking at the other cloak enchant, looks like Nature resistance is going to be the next big resist gear.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quark,Nov 28 2005, 10:58 AM Wrote:I suggest now that everyone starts complaining to Blizzard about temporary item buffs being lost on disconnection/zoning.  Either that, or prepare to join in the Rogues' misery that is lost poisons.
[right][snapback]95883[/snapback][/right]

Hahaha, I was just thinking that.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quote:Players will have to complete a world event of massive proportions before they can open the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj on their realm.
Any word on what this will entail? The only world event I've seen was freeing the Satyrs in Horizons--somehow I think this'll be a bit different. <insert crafting rant here>
Quote:Turtles can now eat raw and cooked fish.
Whoo! I was always perplexed by finding fish in the stomach of a beast that only ate fruit and fungus.
Quote:Trolls now also receive a bonus to Bow weapons in addition to Throwing weapons.
Wow.
Quote:Slimes have been latching on to more valuable items
Another "about frickin' time" fix.
Quote:Spells now may have a casting requirement of current reputation with a faction.
I'm intrigued. I'll also probably never see them. I hate grinding. Anyone else feel that reputation should be account-wide?
<span style="color:gray">[Hellscream]
Shriek---Darkspear Hunter[62]
Chant---Forsaken Priest[70]
Yelp---Sin'dorei Blood Knight[70]<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->