Getting taurens to orc starting points
How can I get a tauren to the Orc starting point, to start building reputation there?
What level is recommended and which road /strategy to use.
Hoping for a tauren with a different looking mount :)
41 dwarf priest stormrage Perchard
low lvl undead warlock terenas Slyshadow
Can Tauren ride/use anything other than a Kodo and Baron Rivendare's mount? Might want to look into that before you work on rep. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Dec 15 2005, 06:19 PM Wrote:Can Tauren ride/use anything other than a Kodo and Baron Rivendare's mount? Might want to look into that before you work on rep. ;)
[right][snapback]97183[/snapback][/right]
Excellent question, it seems they can only ride kodos........how boring....lol
41 dwarf priest stormrage Perchard
low lvl undead warlock terenas Slyshadow
I thought they changed this in a recent patch, so that Tauren can ride wolves now? Will search for source.
Yep. One of my guildes is a living proof :)
[Image: taurenwolf.jpg]
I'd say at level 5 you could probably drag it over there. Or at 10 you could just go do all the starting quests, though they might be grey. Or just worry about getting to 60, and start working on runecloth, cause that's how you will have to finish anyways. Or maybe by turning in wolves/rams in AV for 10 rep a pop.
To my knowledge, there's not a level limit to switch starting areas. I'm not sure if a level 1 tauren can even pick up a level 1 orc quest, but the hardest part I can think of besides that would be the walk from Thunder Bluff to the Valley of Trials. That's not a short trip on foot, but, it should be safe for the most part.

They did change mount rules a while back in a patch. I know now that the horde races can ride most of the others, depending on reputation, etc.

I too am hoping for a different epic mount for my tauren druid. He's 46 now, and I've been looking at working up my Orgrimmar rep, and also at the AV rep for the white frostwolf. I'm trying to figure out which way will be easier, and faster, and more fun. I would prefer the AV mount, but to get to revered status in AV would take an eternity, it seems. AV only seems to be up on Terenas on the weekends, so unless rep is fairly easy to come by in there, I can see it taking longer than farming for runecloth. While I'd prefer to get an epic frostwolf, an epic orc wolf mount is also acceptable to me. I just can't get excited over epic kodo's. Has anyone done the work to get another race's epic mount, and do you have any suggestions? My druid in question is 46, hoping to get an e-mount at 60.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
VoiceMan,Dec 15 2005, 02:31 PM Wrote:I would prefer the AV mount, but to get to revered status in AV would take an eternity, it seems.&nbsp; AV only seems to be up on Terenas on the weekends, so unless rep is fairly easy to come by in there, I can see it taking longer than farming for runecloth.&nbsp; While I'd prefer to get an epic frostwolf, an epic orc wolf mount is also acceptable to me.&nbsp;
[right][snapback]97222[/snapback][/right]

AV rep isn't nearly as difficult as the other BGs.

You get 1 rep per kill (assuming everyone turns in the bone chips, spines and such.)... not just each kill you make, but each kill anyone from your faction makes against another player. The turn-ins give 1 rep to everyone on your faction inside the instance.

There are several (non-repeateble) quests inside the instance that give signficant rep gains. This makes it possible to go from neutral to friendly in your first match (but you need to have lots of room in your quest log, and a couple are only available outside the instance, near Tarren Mill.
BG objectives (capping GYs or taking down towers) also give quite significant rep gains, and are repeatable each new instance.

For example, I have two characters who have done some significant PvPing. Both are further into AV rep than any other BG faction, and both have only been in a half dozen AV matches at most.

Conc is a mere 1500 rep from being Honored. Even though he's been in AV maybe only 3 weekends. Yet he is Stone Guard now, and I'd guess at least 80% of the honor for that came from doing AB over and over (and over), but AB rep is still well below AV rep level.

It will still probably take longer than farming runecloth, as there are really only two weekends a month that it's up in earnest... the AV holiday weekend and the non-holiday weekend. Getting rep via runecloth turn-ins can be done as quickly as you can buyout runecloth on the AH.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Hmmm.....that's very interesting. You mentioned that runecloth might be faster due to AH buy-outs, but I doubt I'll have enough money to buy runecloth, and also be able to afford the mount itself. The speed at which you've achieved some rep in AV is encouraging to me though. I thoroughly enjoy BG's, both WSG, and AB. I've not tried AV yet, but would like to. I do have a fair bit of free time on the weekends, so as long as there's a match going on, I should have time for AV. As I recall, I think 50 is the lowest level at which you're allowed in, correct?
VoiceMan

Terenas:
VoiceMan,Dec 15 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:As I recall, I think 50 is the lowest level at which you're allowed in, correct?
[right][snapback]97227[/snapback][/right]

It might be 51, but at that level you can do very little. I would call the 'practical limit' 55. Most of the people in there will be 60. Most of the mobs are in the mid 50s or so, the important ones are 58+. It's quite different from the other BGs in that the mobs are active participants.

Because of the +3 level rule against mobs, low level players can really suffer in AV.

At 51 you can heal others and probably do the quest to get your base level insignia, but beyond that, utility is somewhat limited. If it's up this weekend and we're both on at the same time, I can show you some of AV with Gorkuk so you can get a better idea about it.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I would call the 'practical limit' 55.

I would have to agree. Although your healing would be very handy, the NPCs in AV are ridiculously powerful. The last time I was in AV I was level 57-58 and the sentinals/mountaineers were knocking me about pretty hard (even in bear form) and took me forever to kill one-on-one. (Oh, and a slight nit-pick: you need to be exalted with frostwolf clan to get the mount, not revered. Bummer, I know. :( )

That's not to say don't go in, just be careful of the NPCs. (Particularly if you're rushing the Stonehearth GY.) On the plus side: as well as the lovely rep rewards for the quests, you get a very tasty 6.6k xp reward for them.

As for getting to the Valley of Trials, I would probably wait until level 5. The quests should still be green, and those few extra levels might make getting from Camp T to XR that much easier. :)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Mirajj,Dec 15 2005, 06:19 PM Wrote:Can Tauren ride/use anything other than a Kodo and Baron Rivendare's mount?
Yep, XMAS REINDEERS !!! Poor animals ... :lol:
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
That would be great. I had hoped to take Gorkuk in a couple of times before Fazuul is up to the proper level, so I can get a little bit familiar with it. Any help along those lines would be great. Many thanks.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Ah, yes, my bad. I did know that Exalted status was required for the frostwolf. Typo on my part in putting in Revered, as opposed to Exalted. :)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
south,Dec 15 2005, 01:05 PM Wrote:How can I get a tauren to the Orc starting point, to start building reputation there?
What level is recommended and which road /strategy to use.
Hoping for a tauren with a different looking mount :)
[right][snapback]97180[/snapback][/right]

What I do in this respect is this: I take a new char and run it through its race's baby area, which gets me to 5 or 6. Then I get to the nearest city, and either take zep/tram to the next city, in the case of UC/Org, or SW/IF, OR, find a mage to port me to my destination if coming from/going to Darnassus/TB. Then I go to the other race's starting area and get moving. The quests are still green, so I get xp and rep from the start, but you can zip through them quickly, then start hitting the 6-10 area for the race you went to. Of course, I usually offer 40s to the mage to port me, but it saves time. On SR, I can usually find a mage of the guild alliance to port me for free.

(I found it fun taking a rogue through the quests in Bloodhoof, for example, and a druid through the quests in Brill, and a NE hunter through Elwynn. But, I'm weird that way. YMMV.)
--Mav
While a summon or a portal is probably easiest, I always seem to end up running it, myself--taking a lvl 2 NE through the Wetlands is rather humbling :blush:

If you do decide to run it, you might be able to save some time by running down to Ratchet and crossing the river. When my shammy was looking for her fire totem, I found a path near the mouth of the river that led through the mountains and dropped into the Valley of Trials. Just beware the crocolisks....
<span style="color:gray">[Hellscream]
Shriek---Darkspear Hunter[62]
Chant---Forsaken Priest[70]
Yelp---Sin'dorei Blood Knight[70]<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->
AV rep is not <quite> that easy, frequently players or mobs do not drop the bone chip, etc.

It is substantially easier then other BG's.

If you really want to go at 51, you can get resources from the mines (assuming some other player captured them) and collect wolves/rams. So you are only mostly useless, not completly.
Taurens can ride Kodos and wolves. This inclues the Rank 11 Wolf and Kodo.

Taurens can also ride the Baron's mount, the Raptor mount from ZG, and the tiger mount from ZG. Makes you wonder why we can't ride the "real" skeletal warhorses or raptors :angry:
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
oldmandennis,Dec 20 2005, 04:59 PM Wrote:AV rep is not <quite> that easy, frequently players or mobs do not drop the bone chip, etc.

Players always drop bone chips, etc. NPC's don't. However, they will often drop armor scraps, blood, and flesh which can also be turned in for reputation.