Looks like no patch this week
From the European boards:

Holiday Cutoff
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
From the US boards:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...&p=#post6306920
With the holidays this week, there's a good chance that it won't happen next Tuesday either.
Posting by "Tigole":

Quote:We were hoping to Patch on December 13th but we all agreed that 1.9 was not ready yet and still needed some tuning and bug fixing. So we made a few changes and fixes and released those builds on the PTR. Currently, the PTR builds are pretty close to what we're going to release. However, because of the changes we've made internally, the PTR build is now out of date. We don't really gain anything by leaving an old build on the PTR. We're probably going to bring the PTR's up one last time to make sure the sync bug is fixed and then bring them down again.

It is unlikely that we will patch during the end of Decemeber. We like to have "all hands on deck" when we patch so we can respond to emergency issues as quickly as possible. Players in North America tend to think of it as "patch day" but for those of us at Blizzard, it's more like "patch week". One day we patch Europe, the next the US, then Korea, then China etc. -- all on different days (this is done so that we don't bring down their servers during primetime).

If you wanted an ETA, my best guess would be very shortly after New Years.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Sigh. 1.10 will probably not be out until March at this rate.
Dont get too down. They said previously that this would take a long time because of having 2 zones, in addition to the world event.
I know, it's totally reasonable; it's just that much more time to worry what they'll do to priests after what happened with paladins.
Xanthix,Dec 21 2005, 03:56 PM Wrote:I know, it's totally reasonable; it's just that much more time to worry what they'll do to priests after what happened with paladins.
[right][snapback]97729[/snapback][/right]

The thing is, no matter what Blizzard does, Priest will always be good at their described goal -> healing. Paladins have had about 15 different descriptions, and (post nerfs) have never really been good at any of them. Their best traits come from, sadly, stuff they aren't defined as.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Priest will always be good at their described goal -> healing.

Mmm. Priests are good at healing, but so are Druids, Paladins and Shaman. Priests (most of them, including me anyway) want to be the healing class. After all, I'm a Priest - my thing is healing. Paladins have a lot of roles they could possibly fill (don't know how well they could as I don't play a Paladin), Druids have all the cool forms to utilize and Shaman have, well, Frost Shock :rolleyes:
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Dec 21 2005, 09:31 PM Wrote:Shaman have, well, Frost Shock :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]97755[/snapback][/right]
Feh. If all you play with are the frost shock shaman, I pity you. Shaman have so much more to add than just frost shock if they aren't healing. Totems, totems, totems in addition to good DPS (and no, not just DPS from their shocks :P ). You're either helping the healer out with good choice of defensive totems or helping buff your DPS with offensive totems or both at the same time. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Quark,Dec 21 2005, 04:07 PM Wrote:The thing is, no matter what Blizzard does, Priest will always be good at their described goal -> healing.  Paladins have had about 15 different descriptions, and (post nerfs) have never really been good at any of them.  Their best traits come from, sadly, stuff they aren't defined as.
[right][snapback]97730[/snapback][/right]

I agree, and sympathize. My brother plays a paladin. All the pallies in my guild are confused as to how they should spec in 1.9, and what they should try for.
Quote:If all you play with are the frost shock shaman, I pity you.

Well, I was being a bit sarcastic but I play with an Elemental Shaman and it's quite disgusting. It's not the most mana efficient damage but critting on all 3 hits of a Chain Lightning is cool as hell. Especially when it kills a 60 Paladin and his 2 twenty-something friends he was running through VC :P
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Dec 22 2005, 03:47 PM Wrote:Well, I was being a bit sarcastic but I play with an Elemental Shaman and it's quite disgusting. It's not the most mana efficient damage but critting on all 3 hits of a Chain Lightning is cool as hell. Especially when it kills a 60 Paladin and his 2 twenty-something friends he was running through VC  :P
[right][snapback]97829[/snapback][/right]
I love chain lightning. :D The more crits the better! And when it happens to kill all three things at the same time, priceless. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Dec 22 2005, 06:33 PM Wrote:I love chain lightning. :D  The more crits the better!  And when it happens to kill all three things at the same time, priceless. :)
[right][snapback]97844[/snapback][/right]

Oh the fun times we have with Chain Lightning and Multishot when Meowry has a few things locked down. My multi's aren't monsterous but they'll crit in the 600-800 range on all the targets and your chain can do some fun stuff too. :)

And that is another thing that makes the hunter/shaman duo crazy good. Sturdy players, solid healing, good single target DPS, and good enough AoE's. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.