Santa Hats
I've not had time in the past week or so to do a lot of instance running, so I wanted to check on this real quick. How common are the Santa hats? Like the screenshot thread, Ghandling had a green santa hat on when I fought him last, and it was in his loot when we dropped him. Are other bosses also getting into the festive spirit? If so, which ones?

Killed Drakkisath again the other night and he didn't drop a hat, but then again I've never seen a dragonkin wearing anything besides a hood. Do any of the lesser enemies like Van Cleef get into the holiday spirit? I could stand to solo the deadmines with my Druid and reap a little holiday cheer.
See you in Town,
-Z
I've heard that there's somebody in most, if not all, instances who can drop the Santa hats. Van Cleef was mentioned in particular.
The prince in Dire Maul West drops one.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Edit: It's Canon Master Wiley that drops the hat, not Balnazzar.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Voone in LBRS drops a red winter hat. Quite the sight.
Had a green hat drop from Anvilcrack in UBRS today.
hiryuu1115,Dec 19 2005, 07:09 PM Wrote:Had a green hat drop from Anvilcrack in UBRS today.
[right][snapback]97564[/snapback][/right]

Stealthed the Deadmines to Van Cleef, killing all named enemies. No hats. Also, none of them spawned wearing a hat.

Has anyone noticed whether the hat drops are off enemies that show them equipped?
See you in Town,
-Z
Allakhazam has them listed. Probably incomplete and obviously the drop rates are waay off, but at least it's a list.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=21525

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=21524
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Zarathustra,Dec 19 2005, 08:59 PM Wrote:Stealthed the Deadmines to Van Cleef, killing all named enemies.  No hats.  Also, none of them spawned wearing a hat.

Has anyone noticed whether the hat drops are off enemies that show them equipped?
[right][snapback]97570[/snapback][/right]

Anvilcrack was rather clearly wearing said green holiday hat.
Hail,

I had one drop from the Elves in Azshara yesterday while farming runecloth. Probably very low drop rate, and I can't remeber if the Elf in question was wearing said hat when I attacked... brains and eyes were a little worn out by the farming ;-)

Take care,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
I had a red hat drop in Tedrassil from a random Furbolg during the Relics quest.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Random goblin in the venture co. mines in mulgore for me. At least I have the excuse that they are green and small for not noticing if he was wearing a hat or not. ;)