Scarab wall opening thread
oldmandennis,Jan 4 2006, 07:25 PM Wrote:Lets compile what we know.

Horde need heavy, thick, and rugged leather.  Wool, Mageweave, and Runecloth bandages.  Copper, tin, and mithril bars.  Peacebloom, firebloom, and purple lotus.  Baked salmon, lean wolf steak, and cooked spotted yellowtail.

Turning in any of these things for the first time gives you 10 signets, then 7 after that.  You also get a War Supplies crate, with a green item and a scroll in it.  I think it is a lvl 20 item for the lowest turn in, 30 for the middle, and 40 for the top.

The signets can be turned in 10 at a time to various faction reps for 75 faction per turn in, or 1 at a time for 5.  They can also be turned in 30 at a time for another supply chest, this one containing a lvl 50 green.  There are reports of blues or purples in the chest, but I have no idea what rate.

The NPC's will tell you how far your side has to go, and how far along the other side is.  It's on the order of several 10's to a couple 100 thousand of each item.

In Cenarion Hold there is the quest What Tomorrow Brings.  According to a comment on Allakazam, it leads to Only One May Rise.  This is the start of the elite raiding portion of the quests, I guess.  It sends you to kill the Broodlord.

Anybody got anything to add?
Yes. Turning in these signets at a Horde or Alliance officer increases your reputation with a faction of YOUR choice (i.e. Orcs, Tauren, Trolls or Undead) much faster than with the pre-patch cloth quartermasters.

So, if you have planned to get your main or twink a mount of another faction, then it's now time to hurry and make use of the Ahn'Qiraj war preparations before they are done for your server ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Eranikus was summonend today on Kil'Jaeden (EU).
And promptly crashed the server, even before Eranikus had appeared.

Someone said, around 700 people were in Moonglade.

So they retried it and this time Eranikus appeared, and slowly his life dwindles. (I don't know why, I had 15 second instant casts.)

So at 20%, Eranikus has a mood swing or something like that. And the server has to send a lot more data to everyone and well, it couldn't handle that.
So it crashed again. :(
oldmandennis,Jan 4 2006, 07:25 PM Wrote:Turning in any of these things for the first time gives you 10 signets, then 7 after that.  You also get a War Supplies crate, with a green item and a scroll in it.  I think it is a lvl 20 item for the lowest turn in, 30 for the middle, and 40 for the top.
The number of signets you receive depends on your character level and the "level" of the items you turn in. For example, my level 45 Tauren Druid turned in Mageweave Cloth (which is in her farming level range) and got 10 signets for the first quest and then 10 for each follow-up quest. For my level 60 Warlock however, Mageweave Cloth (which is quite below her farming level range) got her 10 signets for the first quest and then 7 for each follow-up quest. I assume the divisor here is 40/60 x 10 signets = 7 signets.
Turning in Peaceblooms with my level 60 Warlock got her 10 signets for the first quest and then just 1 for each follow-up quest. These level restrictions are certainly there due to the possibility of heavy twinking of faction reputation.

So, if you plan to twink reputation fast for a new character, you could do i.e. the following: Make your level 1 Troll Mage or Priest that should get a Kodo mount later. Install the Gatherer mod, pick your level 60 main character with Herbalism and epic mount, and ride through the Tirisfal Galdes all day long. At the end of the day you should have hundreds of Peaceblooms which you can send to your level 1 Troll Mage who can then turn them in for 10 signets per stack of 20 :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
oldmandennis,Jan 4 2006, 08:25 PM Wrote:The signets can be turned in 10 at a time to various faction reps for 75 faction per turn in, or 1 at a time for 5.  They can also be turned in 30 at a time for another supply chest, this one containing a lvl 50 green.  There are reports of blues or purples in the chest, but I have no idea what rate.
[right][snapback]98691[/snapback][/right]

I asked my brother yesterday about this, and he mailed me today. Here's what I can add to what's been said already:

Half of the EU servers were down yesterday for the whole day, so he rolled with a new Warlock alt in another server. Collected stuff and handed in at level 9 (he's going mining/engineering, heh), the copper bars netted him a level 15 cloak (so there's no cap even if the character is in the appropiate "bracket"), the linen bandages a level 9 one he couldn't use (mail legs), and the 10 signets reputation turn ins gave him 83 and 82 faction respectively (I'll ask him to turn in more stuff at level 10 and forth, to see where it switches to 75 if you want). The copper bars were also 1 signet each afterwards, so he kept the copper for his engineering needs. Also, the ! over the... big general guy, whatever his name was, was silver, so at level 9 the "turn in for loot" quest was unavailable. The "find the general in Ironforge" quest from stormwind, at level 9, was 650 exp points, same as the exp he got later on with a level 35 char.

With another alt (Waldrada, my former druid) he's gunning for a cross-faction mount so he did a bunch of turn-ins. The Silk Cloth turn-in nets 5 signets each, and the medium leather 3 each. He did the first step of just about all the rest for the 10 signets each, and got 75 reputation with Stormwind for every 10. With the medium leather he got 2 level 20ish blue items but a heck of a lot of green ones for everything else, as he turned in about 400 signets total (mostly with silk and medium leather, so that's a lot of stuff). Good thing this druid was an enchanter I guess, unless he's changed professions. For this one the 1 signet quest turn in was 5 reputation.

Quote:Make your level 1 Troll Mage or Priest that should get a Kodo mount later.

According to the above, it'll work even better as you'll get more than 75 per turn-in with a low level alt.
Walkiry,Jan 12 2006, 05:52 AM Wrote:Half of the EU servers were down yesterday for the whole day, so he rolled with a new Warlock alt in another server. Collected stuff and handed in at level 9 (he's going mining/engineering, heh), the copper bars netted him a level 15 cloak (so there's no cap even if the character is in the appropiate "bracket"), the linen bandages a level 9 one he couldn't use (mail legs), and the 10 signets reputation turn ins gave him 83 and 82 faction respectively
[right][snapback]99218[/snapback][/right]

Would this happen to be a human Warlock alt?

83/82/83/82 is the pattern you see from 75 base rep +7.5 Diplomacy rep. Level has nothing to do with it.
Skandranon,Jan 12 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:Would this happen to be a human Warlock alt?

83/82/83/82 is the pattern you see from 75 base rep +7.5 Diplomacy rep.  Level has nothing to do with it.
[right][snapback]99219[/snapback][/right]

Good point. No idea if it was human or not, I'll have to ask him then.
Walkiry,Jan 12 2006, 01:48 PM Wrote:Good point. No idea if it was human or not, I'll have to ask him then.
[right][snapback]99221[/snapback][/right]

"Have you ever seen me with a Gnome?" was his reply, so yes, human warlock. That's what you get when you just look at what you're sent and are not up to date with the game to quickly catch on this stuff. Oops ^_^