GuildAds
Please change your Guildads configuration under "use this channel"
Instead of TLtest it should now read Allies.

There are two reasons for this change.
1. The new channel name more accurately captures the flavor of what we wish to accomplish with a guild alliance.
2. There is a considerable amount of outdated information (clutter) under the TLtest channel setting. To my knowledge the outdated information can only be removed by the people who entered it. Some of these people no longer play World of Warcraft.

You will need to set this configuration for each of your characters.
As far as I can tell, you will not need to reenter your data (asks and haves}
[Image: gaconfif.jpg]

Running the Guildads mod is not a requirement for members of the Lurkers. It would be helpful however if as many people as possible used it. It can be downloaded at
Guildads

What will Guildads enable me to do?
-use a channel for interguild chat.
-see which items are needed by others
-see which items are available from others
-see the skills of all players
-inspect other online players
-create, schedule and subscribe to events (instance runs)

After installing the mod you'll see an icon appear alongside the minimap in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Right click on the icon in order to bring up the configuration window. Left click on the icon in order to view which objects are needed by others, scheduled events, etc. Additionally when you open certain windows such as a skill window like alchemy, you'll see a Guildads button in the lower right hand corner which will provide additional functionality.

[Image: ga.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
/salute

Will do Boss. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Please note that after changing the channel name as I described above you might need to manuallly join the channel by typing:
/join Allies
Many thanks. I downloaded and installed Guildads the other day, but to this point didn't have the slightest clue how to use it. This will help.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
I think the channel name may be case specific. When I use 'Allies' as the channel name I see different information than when I use 'allies' as the channel name. Can anybody confirm this behavior? If this is indeed the case, then we should probably stricly follow what Alram suggested and use the channel name of 'Allies'.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
Alram,Jan 27 2006, 03:54 PM Wrote:2.&nbsp; There is a considerable amount of outdated information (clutter) under the TLtest channel setting.&nbsp; To my knowledge the outdated information can only be removed by the people who entered it.&nbsp; Some of these people no longer play World of Warcraft.

[right][snapback]100345[/snapback][/right]

For future situations where members of alliance may no longer play, rather than need to create a new channel, you may choose an option on what is displayed. There is a slider somewhere that will allow you to have only the items or events listed in the past month, week, day or something like that.

Regards,
Flash
<span style="color:red">Absolute Power!!!!<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--> - Jafar

<span style="color:green">Terenas
60 Gorohnt Orc Warlock - Herb / Alchemy (Main)
54 RawkPaine Orc Shaman - Mining / Jewelcrafting
54 Galahnt Orc Hunter - Mining / Engineer (Goblin)
42 Garahnt Tauren Shaman - Skinning / Leatherworking
36 Gholoko Tauren Druid - Enchanting/ Mining
33 Gharawk Troll Rogue - Mining / Engineer
20 MaxPaine Orc Warrior - Mine / Smith
FlashNPan,Feb 1 2006, 10:05 AM Wrote:For future situations where members of alliance may no longer play, rather than need to create a new channel, you may choose an option on what is displayed. There is a slider somewhere that will allow you to have only the items or events listed in the past month, week, day or something like that.

Regards,
Flash
[right][snapback]100741[/snapback][/right]
Absolutely correct--thanks for pointing that out.

I have spoken to Olan, GM of the LS, about Guildads (GA). She was interested, and I am sending her a link to this thread.
[Image: gaevents.jpg]
To date only Swirly has used the events tab, and I don't know if he has had any responses; nobody signed up within GA at any rate. I created 3 events there today:
Let's try signup there and here on the forum--redundant I know, but lets test it.

You will note that I created an event for this coming Saturday in spite of the fact that we don't normally do runs on Saturday. See: this thread for an explanation