Guards, Civilians, and Why Outdoor PvP Sucks
Urza-DSF,Jan 31 2006, 09: Wrote:I'm sorry, but what?!  So your saying that just to placate a few who really enjoy killing other people while they are questing/doing their own thing that its allright for blizzard to say "Well, screw you guys who arent into PvP *and* raiding, this entire expansion isn't for you."?  I am so utterly sick and tired of blizzards fascinationwith Raids and PvP events, and I know I'm not the only one who wants to see more *good* PvE content.
[right][snapback]100693[/snapback][/right]

Fact is, I distinctly remember Blizzard saying something about World of Warcraft being designed with PvP combat in mind. If they want to make an automatic PvP zone on both server types, it's their foot they're shooting.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
While poking around the Blizzard boards, I found this. The OP and several repliers have some very good ideas, along with some very bad ideas.

Love the idea about making BGs give very little or no honor on PvP servers (which would also make advancing ranks quite a bit easier, since everyone would be getting less honor per week than before), but the idea of another server type (and all ideas pertaining to it) is several sprints in the wrong direction.

I can't give feedback because my account is inactive, but please feel free to add your feedback there; the more attention a well-written post like that gets, the more likely Blizzard is to actually see it and read it :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.