Coincidence?
Since the weekend, the price of Arcane Crystals has shot up dramatically on Terenas as supply has dwindled. Dark Iron Ore too, but to a lesser extent...

Is this an isolated thing to Terenas?
Is it coincidence that this happened on the weekend of Chinese New Year?

Discuss.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Jan 31 2006, 11:34 AM Wrote:Since the weekend, the price of Arcane Crystals has shot up dramatically on Terenas as supply has dwindled.  Dark Iron Ore too, but to a lesser extent...

Discuss.
[right][snapback]100650[/snapback][/right]

A guildie of mine was coveting some crazy and apparenly new (AQ?) crafted recipe that required elementium, which among other things requres 10 arcanite bars to craft a single bar of. Perhaps people have started collecting materials in anticipation of these being craftable on their server?

-- frink
Concillian,Jan 31 2006, 03:34 PM Wrote:Since the weekend, the price of Arcane Crystals has shot up dramatically on Terenas as supply has dwindled.  Dark Iron Ore too, but to a lesser extent...

Discuss.
[right][snapback]100650[/snapback][/right]

A friend of mine who patronizes gold farmer services in WoW (despicable, I know) got an e-mail from the service he frequents. They were offering a special on gold because of the Chinese New Year. The reason behind the "sale" was that most of the farmers were going on holiday ("act now for big savings, holiday blowout!"). With most of the farmers on vacation, there's less supply. Every farmer in Un'Goro that I've seen has always been a miner, always snatching those Rich Thorium Veins from me.

Any number of market factors can affect the day-to-day price of arcane crystals on your server, but I would put forth the Chinese New Year as being a major contributor to this current trend, simply because less farmers are gathering the crystals.

Then again, all of the crystals could have been bought out, and been reposted at a higher price, and other sellers simply followed suit. Market control baby, I used to do that with essence of fire.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Supply started up again around the Wednesday after Chinese New Year.

Mining supplies of all types rose in price.
Arc. Crystals went from ~17g up to about 35g at peak (only one crystal on the AH)
Thorium from 5g a stack up to 10-12
Blue sapphires were totally gone for a while and I saw several at 12-18g, about double normal price

etc...

It wasn't someone trying to inflate the price, because there simply were not items listed on the AH.

I have a couple miner characters, but needed my supplies. If I'm still playing this time next year, I'll have to keep in mind what happened this year and try to make some money.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.