Priest Changes Coming!
Treesh,Feb 3 2006, 04:12 PM Wrote:Although it is much fun if there was a warlock around and you happen to crit with it when curse of elements is up.  :)  I still use it frequently with Aleri at the beginnings of fights because 1.  I've got the time so may as well cast away until I need to heal and 2.  It just looks pretty. ;)  I'm pretty much "meh" about allowing all priests to get it.  They damned well better make something else really tasty in the holy tree if they're giving away my holy fire!

Edit: But yes, I'll be glad to have it go back to holy damage instead of fire damage.  Yeah, that only gives me two types of damage that I can cast, but oh well.  Get a wand that isn't shadow damage and you're fine. :)
[right][snapback]101014[/snapback][/right]

Love your paladin judging crusader even more! :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I imagine the holy fire replacement will be decent. When Hurricane became a trainer skill it was replaced with Moonkin - +360% armour and group spell crit, pretty good as self buffs go.

3/2.5 Greater heal at improved efficiency - wow. *quietly drops any plans of returning my Druid to resto for the fast big heal*

MongoJerry,Feb 3 2006, 03:46 PM Wrote:He said the mana efficiency was increasing by 10%, not the heal/time.  We don't know how that's changing, yet.

I'll be flat out honest here. If the HP/s stay above Healing Touch, I will be highly dissapointed. It's already hard enough playing a resto druid when there's Priests around. If the HP/s is not reduced below Healing Touch, druids have been made completely obsolete for healing.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Feb 3 2006, 10:53 PM Wrote:I'll be flat out honest here.  If the HP/s stay above Healing Touch, I will be highly dissapointed.  It's already hard enough playing a resto druid when there's Priests around.  If the HP/s is not reduced below Healing Touch, druids have been made completely obsolete for healing.
[right][snapback]101029[/snapback][/right]
Yet Druids will NEVER become obsolete because healers are ALWAYS rare for raids ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Feb 3 2006, 04:59 PM Wrote:Yet Druids will NEVER become obsolete because healers are ALWAYS rare for raids ;)
[right][snapback]101030[/snapback][/right]
Rarer for 5 mans than for raids with our alliance on Stormrage. Druids have a better chance at being asked to heal on the smaller runs than on much of the 40 man raids. We've got tons of priests, druids and pallies. The druids don't get a chance to do more than a HoT here and there, except for in Ony when they can time their heals just right to have them land before the other healers can heal the main tank. ;) Hell, even some of the priests (and not just the shadow specced one) we bring along don't get much chance to heal in MC, except for some of the boss fights. We let our shadow priest stay in shadow form and just count him as one of the DPS casters, unless things go really wrong. Number of healers is definitely not one of the issues on most raid nights for us.

However, I still agree that druids will never become obsolete because there are still smaller raids/5 mans out there where druids will need to be able to heal too. There is still more to this game than just at level 60. :P
Intolerant monkey.
Quark,Feb 3 2006, 03:53 PM Wrote:I'll be flat out honest here.  If the HP/s stay above Healing Touch, I will be highly dissapointed.  It's already hard enough playing a resto druid when there's Priests around.  If the HP/s is not reduced below Healing Touch, druids have been made completely obsolete for healing.

I think they have to reduce the total amount healed for GH. Otherwise it'd be too big of a buff to priests across the board, and possibly require significant raid balance tinkering...
vor_lord,Feb 3 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:I think they have to reduce the total amount healed for GH.  Otherwise it'd be too big of a buff to priests across the board, and possibly require significant raid balance tinkering...

I suspect that the heal amount will be reduced with the shorter cast time but that GH will be designed to be better than flash heal in terms of heal/s in order to give a greater incentive to use GH over flash heal.
Gnollguy,Feb 3 2006, 01:17 PM Wrote:Love your paladin judging crusader even more!  :)
[right][snapback]101017[/snapback][/right]

The first priest to ask for Sanctity Aura dies.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
vor_lord,Feb 3 2006, 08:10 AM Wrote:This spell, along with the Druid's Healing Touch and the Shaman's Healing Wave will all receive an approximate 10% improvement to mana efficiency.
[right][snapback]100966[/snapback][/right]

And the paladin forum is unreadable for another month.
Rinnhart,Feb 3 2006, 05:31 PM Wrote:The first priest to ask for Sanctity Aura dies.

No fair! Alliance priests get the benefit of Sanctity Aura and Crusader judgements, and Horde priests don't get anything. Give those abilities to shaman! :lol:
MongoJerry,Feb 3 2006, 08:33 PM Wrote:No fair!  Alliance priests get the benefit of Sanctity Aura and Crusader judgements, and Horde priests don't get anything.  Give those abilities to shaman!  :lol:
[right][snapback]101052[/snapback][/right]

Gnome Shaman and Orc Paladins all problems solved*.

* Problems are Gnomes are the only race in the game without a healing class, alliance has no shaman, and horde have no paladins. Orcs picked becuase undead have forsaken the light so they can't be paladins. Trolls have six classes and while I see the tauren learning the ways if someone would teach them I'd rather have it be orcs. :)
---
Rinnhart,Feb 3 2006, 05:31 PM Wrote:The first priest to ask for Sanctity Aura dies.
[right][snapback]101044[/snapback][/right]

You know, this does bring up an idea. Assuming that priest holy damage spells get buffed somewhat, you could make an all-holy team made up of a paladin and four holy/disc priests. Or maybe two paladins and three holy/disc priests. The paladin(s) tank and keep Crusader judgements and Sanctity aura up while the priests nuke with Holy Fire and Smite -- and maybe heal once in a while. Man, that would be insane. I'm almost tempted to make an alliance priest just to do this.
I've got a paladin with sanctity aura and improved SoCrusader! :w00t:
MongoJerry,Feb 3 2006, 08:54 PM Wrote:You know, this does bring up an idea.  Assuming that priest holy damage spells get buffed somewhat, you could make an all-holy team made up of a paladin and four holy/disc priests.  Or maybe two paladins and three holy/disc priests.  The paladin(s) tank and keep Crusader judgements and Sanctity aura up while the priests nuke with Holy Fire and Smite -- and maybe heal once in a while.  Man, that would be insane.  I'm almost tempted to make an alliance priest just to do this.
[right][snapback]101060[/snapback][/right]

Hmm ... maybe with a setup like this, we can say "priests go DPS on trash" instead of just druids :P
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
MongoJerry,Feb 3 2006, 08:54 PM Wrote:You know, this does bring up an idea.  Assuming that priest holy damage spells get buffed somewhat, you could make an all-holy team made up of a paladin and four holy/disc priests.  Or maybe two paladins and three holy/disc priests.  The paladin(s) tank and keep Crusader judgements and Sanctity aura up while the priests nuke with Holy Fire and Smite -- and maybe heal once in a while.  Man, that would be insane.  I'm almost tempted to make an alliance priest just to do this.
[right][snapback]101060[/snapback][/right]

2 paladins. One with imp conc aura (50% chance to prevent stutter from damage 15% chance to resist silence and interrupt effects).

This one would be your tank paladin since he would have to go pretty deep in prot to get it so might as well pick up imp righteous fury. Could go down the holy tree as well and get holy shock (hmm this is the build Balador has now that I think about it).

The other paladin runs down ret tree to get sanctity aura and improved crusader and the other damage improving talents. Maybe even gets consecrate in holy as well as sanctity+vengeance should make that do 25% more damage the holy novas would do 10% more damage too and you could actually AoE stuff. :) It would be something like 1300 damage to everything in that first 8 seconds. Uber AoE! :) Yeah, right! :)

I'm just being silly but it's a group I would play in. Take a while to kill things still but no one should die. :)

---
MongoJerry,Feb 3 2006, 08:54 PM Wrote:I'm almost tempted to make an alliance priest just to do this.[right][snapback]101060[/snapback][/right]
I'd say hell froze over, but only if that sentence above included "on a PvE server."

Just yanking your chain, Mongo. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Xanthix,Feb 2 2006, 12:56 PM Wrote:Hey, he's better than Fangtooth!
[right][snapback]100851[/snapback][/right]

No whining. At least you have a CM. I don't think Warriors have had an official CM. Ever.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quark,Feb 3 2006, 06:53 PM Wrote:I'll be flat out honest here.  If the HP/s stay above Healing Touch, I will be highly dissapointed.  It's already hard enough playing a resto druid when there's Priests around.  If the HP/s is not reduced below Healing Touch, druids have been made completely obsolete for healing.

I'd still rather have a Druid healing me than a Priest. A Priest may be more mana efficient, but a Druid isn't going to die in five hits :P
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Feb 3 2006, 08:23 PM Wrote:No whining.  At least you have a CM.  I don't think Warriors have had an official CM.  Ever.
[right][snapback]101075[/snapback][/right]

That's not necessarily a bad thing.
Treesh,Feb 3 2006, 11:05 PM Wrote:However, I still agree that druids will never become obsolete because there are still smaller raids/5 mans out there where druids will need to be able to heal too.  There is still more to this game than just at level 60.  :P
[right][snapback]101032[/snapback][/right]
And let's not forget the best buff in the game a.k.a. Mark (or Gift) of the Wild ™ and the Druid's survivabilty as Artega says, and the ability to resurrect in combat ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller