Brood of Nozdormu
Clicky!

Appears to be along the same lines as the Zandalar Tribe for Zul'Gurub, but this is the Ahn'Qiraj instances, requiring both rep and items from the instances. It looks like really good stuff (read: I'll never see it).

Edit: Some of the items you need for the armor are the same type needed for some of the Cenarion Circle rewards, such as Bronze and Stone Scarabs.

/weep It's good tanking stuff, not the disappointing Zandalar Vindicator's set. :(
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Apparently, people can farm the mobs that come out from the gate openning event and rapidly boost their reputations with the Brood of Nozdormu. Some are claiming that they were able to get revered in just a few days.
MongoJerry,Feb 2 2006, 07:15 PM Wrote:Apparently, people can farm the mobs that come out from the gate openning event and rapidly boost their reputations with the Brood of Nozdormu.  Some are claiming that they were able to get revered in just a few days.
[right][snapback]100884[/snapback][/right]

On the other hand, look at the rings. From neutral to exalted, the upgrade tends to be just a handful of stat points. 42000 points of reputation, and the rogue ring only adds 6 agi and 5 stam. The tank ring is 3 str, 6 stam, 2 defence. Any upgrade is welcome, of course, but it seems like very little return to me.
Skandranon,Feb 3 2006, 12:46 AM Wrote:On the other hand, look at the rings.  From neutral to exalted, the upgrade tends to be just a handful of stat points.  42000 points of reputation, and the rogue ring only adds 6 agi and 5 stam.  The tank ring is 3 str, 6 stam, 2 defence.  Any upgrade is welcome, of course, but it seems like very little return to me.
[right][snapback]100885[/snapback][/right]

I had to look a couple of times to see the difference between the caster honored and caster revered rings.

+1 dmg/healing.

Underwhelmed? I'm so short of whelms it's not funny.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Feb 2 2006, 05:32 PM Wrote:I had to look a couple of times to see the difference between the caster honored and caster revered rings.

+1 dmg/healing.

Underwhelmed?  I'm so short of whelms it's not funny.
[right][snapback]100889[/snapback][/right]

No kidding.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Feb 2 2006, 07:14 PM Wrote:No kidding.
[right][snapback]100894[/snapback][/right]
There is a top half to the page, the half with the Tier 3 armor sets? Anyone notice that in all the negativity? I thought there would at least be some discussion of that, but apparently free upgrades for very good items for some rep that you'll be gaining while working on your Tier 3 set is entirely unwanted. You'd be nuts if you went on a rep grind for the sole reason of improving the ring, but still, sheesh! Most hardcore raiders will at least work to get honored, so they can complete the set. Are the base items that bad? If you got just the free ring at neutral, with no upgrades, what would you be saying then? Let's put a little better context on this.

Note to Blizzard: All upgrades MUST BE PAINFUL! Freebies are BAD!
Fine.

I hate the new paladin set. Blizzard's decided we can be balanced by applying +damage and healing to all of our gear- oh, but wait, we can't let the paladins have too much, so let's remove or nerf the coefficients on anything that might be useful.

Look at me, my righteousness judges for 200.
Looking over the hunter set and the rings, my reaction is...

*fingertwirl* Whoopee...gogo chance to hit and a stronger Arcane shot... =/
~Not all who wander are lost...~
bonemage,Feb 2 2006, 09:45 PM Wrote:There is a top half to the page, the half with the Tier 3 armor sets?
[right][snapback]100896[/snapback][/right]

It's important to clarify that these are not "tier 3" armour sets. These are just an alternative, just like the Zandalar sets from ZG are alternate sets to tier 1. If tier 3 is going to happen, it'll be in, say, Naxxramas, and not here.
Skandranon,Feb 2 2006, 10:25 PM Wrote:It's important to clarify that these are not "tier 3" armour sets.  These are just an alternative, just like the Zandalar sets from ZG are alternate sets to tier 1.  If tier 3 is going to happen, it'll be in, say, Naxxramas, and not here.
[right][snapback]100918[/snapback][/right]

I'd be surprised if we saw a proper "tier" increase until the expansion.

Level 60 epics are pretty tapped out.
So who's checked out the mage set?

Strength? Melee crit?

I'm not going to start smacking people with my mageblade. I am going to cast spells at them. Get it the hell right, Blizzard.
Rinnhart,Feb 2 2006, 11:41 PM Wrote:I'd be surprised if we saw a proper "tier" increase until the expansion.

Level 60 epics are pretty tapped out.
[right][snapback]100924[/snapback][/right]
My reasoning for calling it Tier 3 armor was the item levels are higher than Tier 2..

Might: ilevel 66
Wrath: ilevel 76
Conqueror's: ilevel 81

So perhaps 2.5 would be most accurate. Of course, I play a warrior, who aren't victims of the itemization problems in the game, so I'm bound to be less bitter.
Bob the Beholder,Feb 2 2006, 11:45 PM Wrote:So who's checked out the mage set?

Strength?  Melee crit?

I'm not going to start smacking people with my mageblade.  I am going to cast spells at them.  Get it the hell right, Blizzard.
[right][snapback]100925[/snapback][/right]
Thottbot.com has all of these sets, but the data they are reporting is different on the Enigma set. Check it out Here. I think the Blizzard site has some incorrect data, as the thottbot stuff should have come from the game data, either from the PTR or the info was gathered from quest logs on the few realms with the gates open. I think you'll find that there isn't any strength or non-spell crit chance there, and it does make a lot more sense. I'd put money that the site gets corrected. (Remember than the CC rewards page on the UK site had some screwy info when it first posted. Go go hunter mace!)
The first character I made was an undead warrior. I should have stayed.

Oh, I am a fool.
Rinnhart,Feb 3 2006, 09:28 AM Wrote:The first character I made was an undead warrior. I should have stayed.

Oh, I am a fool.
[right][snapback]100937[/snapback][/right]

You should've!

Mainly because horde is more awesome.

Fewer gnomes, afterall.

(P.S. I'm joking. Feel free not to get offended and assume that I'm coming up with new code words for 'OMFG NERF PALLIES ALLIES SUCK' in this post.)

In other news, I'm pleasantly surprised that the druid set has both caster stats and feral stats, as if Blizzard is actually attempting to go, "Hey, druids are hybrids."
bonemage,Feb 3 2006, 02:45 AM Wrote:Anyone notice that in all the negativity?  I thought there would at least be some discussion of that, but apparently free upgrades for very good items for some rep that you'll be gaining while working on your Tier 3 set is entirely unwanted.[right][snapback]100896[/snapback][/right]

Ignoring your hyperbole, it's perfectly valid to complain about something without first having to balance it out with praise. Someone else has already pointed out that these aren't tier 3 sets; the Oracle set is, finally, a shadow-priest oriented set, and as such is very nice. It is also obscenely hard to collect, which is fine, but still stuffs over any shadow priest who isn't in the toppest of top-end raiding guilds.

Note that I'm not saying that epics should rain down from the sky; people will still have to grind to neutral rep with nozdormu before they get their "free" crappy epic ring, although by all accounts this isn't that hard. However for all the ring improves - and Blizzard has used the term "reward" repeatedly to suggest there is supposed to be some benefit - they might as well have saved themselves the development time and not bothered, because the improvements are so marginal there's no feeling of progression for all that rep ground.

And I'm fed up of rep grinds. Zandalar, timbermaw, nozdormu... get some initiative, already.

I'm hoping the new armor sets they're talking about introducing in 1.10 will include a slightly more damage-oriented priest set; we already have prophecy for regen and transcendence for +healing, and since the tier 0 sets aren't class-bound you can mix and match those sets already.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Skandranon,Feb 2 2006, 07:46 PM Wrote:On the other hand, look at the rings.  From neutral to exalted, the upgrade tends to be just a handful of stat points.  42000 points of reputation, and the rogue ring only adds 6 agi and 5 stam.  The tank ring is 3 str, 6 stam, 2 defence.  Any upgrade is welcome, of course, but it seems like very little return to me.
[right][snapback]100885[/snapback][/right]

I wonder if you could choose, as a warrior for example, to take the melee dps rings for a bit and then when you get to the next level of reputation choose the tanking rings while keeping the original rings. :)
Tal,Feb 3 2006, 08:55 AM Wrote:I wonder if you could choose, as a warrior for example, to take the melee dps rings for a bit and then when you get to the next level of reputation choose the tanking rings while keeping the original rings. :)
[right][snapback]100945[/snapback][/right]

Hi, feral druid here who actually is allowed to do feral things by the group he plays with end game and is also allowed to do castery things by the group he plays with end game. I want all 3 rings. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Seeing as the rings are just a bonus as you work on the AQ40 set, I don't see anything wrong with them. Sure, I laugh at the upgrade from one level to the next, but you could say the same thing about items like the Cenarion and Stormrage Belts.

People have been complaining that the current Tier 2 sets pigeonhole hybrid classes into one role. Blizzard responded by giving item sets that move away from the norm. The Genesis set isn't nearly as good for healing as Stormrage is, but for someone who wants to go Moonkin now and then or actually plays his hybrid on the fly shifting as needed in a smaller group setting, wow.

Of course, I'm the maniac who runs up into melee with any of the Salamander bosses in MC and beats on them to get free spellcasts from Omen of Clarity.

The only criticism I have for the Genesis set - which is the one I've been following since my main is a Druid - would be the set bonuses. The Rebirth cooldown decrease is nice, but seems rather insufficient to make it a spell that sees more combat time and fewer "I'd better save this" situations. I'd say decrease the cooldown to 10 minutes and it's solid.
See you in Town,
-Z
Rinnhart,Feb 2 2006, 07:33 PM Wrote:Fine.

I hate the new paladin set. Blizzard's decided we can be balanced by applying +damage and healing to all of our gear- oh, but wait, we can't let the paladins have too much, so let's remove or nerf the coefficients on anything that might be useful.

Look at me, my righteousness judges for 200.
[right][snapback]100897[/snapback][/right]

Sweet jebus, you would complain if you were hung with a new rope.

Judgement already has all +dam/heal. What coefficients are you missing? Is 3 mana/5sec absurd to sacrifice for 3%crit?

And oh yeah, its got a boatload of str/agi... weren't people lamenting the melee DPS not that long ago? Seems like the additional DPS would be compounded by Seal of Command.

Edit: and I second the fact that 3 dungeons in a row with the rep/dodad system is getting to be a bit much.