I don't like Hurricane
From the caster's point of view Hurricane is severely lacking due to the cooldown. Rain of Fire and Blizzard have no cooldown, so why did they have to gimp the druid's only AoE?

Well, you would think that from the point of view of a druid's party member, Hurricane would be a desirable spell. Not only does it do damage, but it also slows enemy attacks. But actually my rogue doesn't like it at all because of that stupid cloud; you can't see what the heck is going on unless you get your camera angle just right. And who wants to have to mess with the camera angle in the middle of a fight?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Feb 4 2006, 09:16 AM Wrote:From the caster's point of view Hurricane is severely lacking due to the cooldown. Rain of Fire and Blizzard have no cooldown, so why did they have to gimp the druid's only AoE?

Well, you would think that from the point of view of a druid's party member, Hurricane would be a desirable spell. Not only does it do damage, but it also slows enemy attacks. But actually my rogue doesn't like it at all because of that stupid cloud; you can't see what the heck is going on unless you get your camera angle just right.  And who wants to have to mess with the camera angle in the middle of a fight?
[right][snapback]101116[/snapback][/right]

Warstomp.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quote: From the caster's point of view Hurricane is severely lacking due to the cooldown. Rain of Fire and Blizzard have no cooldown, so why did they have to gimp the druid's only AoE?

For the same (bad) reason all the druids abilities are gimped compared to the classes they mimmick: druids are supposed to be the jack of all trades, asters of none.

Quote: Well, you would think that from the point of view of a druid's party member, Hurricane would be a desirable spell. Not only does it do damage, but it also slows enemy attacks. But actually my rogue doesn't like it at all because of that stupid cloud; you can't see what the heck is going on unless you get your camera angle just right.  And who wants to have to mess with the camera angle in the middle of a fight?

Zooming in ftw. Get a mouse with a scroll wheel if you don't have one.

As for spells that I hate, Will of the Forsaken is probably nr. 1. Not only does it grant a temporary immunity, but the fear/charm that was broken without having any noticable effect counts towards diminishing returns. <_<
Alram,Feb 4 2006, 12:16 PM Wrote:From the caster's point of view Hurricane is severely lacking due to the cooldown. Rain of Fire and Blizzard have no cooldown, so why did they have to gimp the druid's only AoE?

Well, you would think that from the point of view of a druid's party member, Hurricane would be a desirable spell. Not only does it do damage, but it also slows enemy attacks. But actually my rogue doesn't like it at all because of that stupid cloud; you can't see what the heck is going on unless you get your camera angle just right.&nbsp; And who wants to have to mess with the camera angle in the middle of a fight?
[right][snapback]101116[/snapback][/right]

I love hurricane and now I most powerlevel my druid on Terenas and cast this spell by Rogoll every chance I get. :)

I actually use it to pull with when I'm tanking in bear too. Run up, barkskin, hurricane, rejuv, drop into bear beat up the other mobs. Fun way to pull and get AoE aggro early.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Hurricane is a great, great spell.

It doesn't make a Druid into a primary AOE class and it was never intended to, but it is enough to cover for a missing AOE class in several situations (it's enough to clear a rat trap in Strath for instance). If it does get improved it should be through deep balance talents - it's plenty good enough for Feral and Restoration builds as is.
My main problem with hurricane is the fact that it whacks the crap out of my video card. As far as I can tell its the single biggest cause of slideshowitis.

As far as the cooldown and the power of it go, I think it's pretty well balanced with the druids roll as jack/master.

Ability I hate most? Mortal Strike, followed closely by all the stunlock abilities. The only things I really fear on the battle ground.
Hm... the skill I hate most would probably be Hellfire, just because I've seen far too many Warlocks who don't know how to use it. Seems at least once a pickup group in a high instance, I'd see them nuke with it and die from a combination of the DoT and the aggro they're pulling on EVERYTHING.

Then they'd complain that they weren't getting any heals.
See you in Town,
-Z
Hurricane is great for keeping mage/warlocks alive on tough AoE pulls. However people in our raids do complain about the graphical effects too. I wish blizzard would redo them to make it look like a hurricane instead of the thunderstorm it currently looks like.
Cheapshot. I hate rogues who open with this on my primary target. *POP*STUN* I've now wasted the rage I got from bloodrage by sundering a mob that can't attack and because of which have to move on to other targets with reduced rage. Thanks. :angry:

Greater effect when I'm trying to be quick about things and bloodrage is still cooling down. *POP*STUN* Now I'm playing catch-up with hate for the next half fight since I had no rage to work with in the beginning.
Truth be told, I keep forgetting about hurricane. I'm usually drinking after a fight when I think to myself, "Gee, hurricane would have been great that fight."

Using it to farm low level enchanting stuff in Ragefire Chasm was great fun though. :D

As for spells I hate: earthshock when I'm tanking in bear form; damn pally stun; and every sort of fear spell there is, was, or will be. :)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Wogan,Feb 6 2006, 04:26 AM Wrote:Hurricane is great for keeping mage/warlocks alive on tough AoE pulls. However people in our raids do complain about the graphical effects too. I wish blizzard would redo them to make it look like a hurricane instead of the thunderstorm it currently looks like.
[right][snapback]101234[/snapback][/right]

Blizzard added a spell detail slider in the video options last patch. I wonder if lowering that might help with hurricane (it doesn't help with frost traps though, those graphics make my computer cry).
As a rogue, I hate anything a Hunter does.
----
"To be is to do - Socrates. To do is to be - Jean-Paul Sartre. Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra." - Kurt Vonnegut
Come tell me about bad AOE spells after playing a priest. :) Holy Nova is lackluster, on a cooldown, and is a 31-point talent. Fortunately it is easily replaced with EZ-Thro dynamite. :D
I use hurricane frequently in Zul'gurub. Healing is generally pretty covered, so doing more damage on a group of mobs works well when we want AOE, especially since we're often a little short on mages.
Well, being a druid, I naturally like Hurricane. However, I wish the cooldown was shorter. As for vision issues, my computer doesn't seem to mind any video things most of the time, and I'm constantly changing my camera angle anyway, so I don't even notice it, I just adjust my camera. But I must admit I'm a bit surprised at your sudden hatred for said AoE skill. I'm the only druid you spend much time grouping with (to my knowledge) and I rarely use it. However, now that I know your dislike for it, I may have to be ornery and use it whenever possible. :whistling:

As for spells/talents I hate....well, having spent a lot of time as a flag carrier in WSG, I hate the stuns that rogues dish out, cheap shot, kidney shot, etc. That is followed closely by my hatred for the seeming 200 yard range of a pally hammer stun. Seems odd a pally can stun me from halfway across the field when he's a melee class. And if he can throw his hammer and hit me in the head to stun me, I should be able to pick up his hammer once I recover and keep it. :P
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Sir_Die_alot,Feb 6 2006, 12:44 AM Wrote:Cheapshot. I hate rogues who open with this on my primary target. *POP*STUN* I've now wasted the rage I got from bloodrage by sundering a mob that can't attack and because of which have to move on to other targets with reduced rage. Thanks.&nbsp; :angry:

Greater effect when I'm trying to be quick about things and bloodrage is still cooling down. *POP*STUN* Now I'm playing catch-up with hate for the next half fight since I had no rage to work with in the beginning.
[right][snapback]101237[/snapback][/right]

GRR! I hate this, too. Thankfully, usually they'll quit if you ask. If they won't, I tell the group that if the mob pwns them, talk to <cheap shotter>

--Mav
Mavfin,Feb 6 2006, 03:27 PM Wrote:GRR! I hate this, too.&nbsp; Thankfully, usually they'll quit if you ask.&nbsp; If they won't, I tell the group that if the mob pwns them, talk to <cheap shotter>
[right][snapback]101339[/snapback][/right]

Whiny warriors! :D

A cheap shot then kidney shot on a hard hitting meleer or dangerous spellcaster is a healer's third best friend (good tank being first, good backup healer being second).

9 seconds of tank not taking damage from that mob? I'll buy that for a dollar. That is a massive amount of damage reduction.

Do you guys hate sheep/sap/seduce/shackle also?
Mavfin,Feb 6 2006, 02:27 PM Wrote:GRR! I hate this, too.&nbsp; Thankfully, usually they'll quit if you ask.&nbsp; If they won't, I tell the group that if the mob pwns them, talk to <cheap shotter>
[right][snapback]101339[/snapback][/right]

I generally don't agree, but then again the first mob to go down is rarely tanked if I'm MT because it's somewhat poitless with a Cheap shot / Kidney shot rogue along.

If the rogue does a CS, SS, SS, KS, then:
1) they aren't going to pull aggro with that combo
2) they are significantly mitigating damage done
3) they have a significant amount of time to apply Crippling poison, so whoever the mob does go after has another 5-10 seconds of delay before it gets there.

Any regular elite mob in an instance will go down before he hits anyone in this scenario provided you have decent focus fire... so this allows you plenty of time for building aggro on other mobs. Essentially the rogue is able to CC an additional mob with this combo, at the same time as giving the tank a chance to secure aggro on the next focus target(s)

That's the way I see it. In the normal grouping on Terenas Alram's rogue is generally doing this and the healers have had very positive things to say about him switching to using this as a regular opener vs. Ambush.

If they aren't Cheap-shotting, then they're going to ambush, which often crits, doing a ton of early damage. I don't know how you're finding CS more difficult to hold aggro against than Ambush. Perhaps you are asking the rogue to stop doing the wrong thing, you may want to ask him to KS instead of eviscerate on the opening combo.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
vor_lord,Feb 6 2006, 03:33 PM Wrote:9 seconds of tank not taking damage from that mob?&nbsp;
[right][snapback]101352[/snapback][/right]

It's only 6
3 seconds from CS and 6/2 seconds (diminishing returns) on the KS.
Still, a significant amount of time given the life expectancy of the first focus fire target.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Feb 6 2006, 04:47 PM Wrote:It's only 6
3 seconds from CS and 6/2 seconds (diminishing returns) on the KS.
Still, a significant amount of time given the life expectancy of the first focus fire target.
[right][snapback]101355[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm so all controlled stuns are now on the same timer, and uncontrolled stuns are on a separate timer? For some reason I thought KS and CS were on seperate diminishing returns. Guess I need to level my rogue some more.

edit: Should be 6.5 seconds, correct? 4 for cheap shot, 5/2 for kidney shot if diminishing returns are by half each time.