The Burning Crusade - Preorder
I thought I post the link to the German Amazon.de "The Burning Crusade" preorder site here, because I bet that the first batches will be sold out immediately as they have been in February 2005 when WoW first came out:

WoW: The Burning Crusade (Add-on)- GERMAN Version - Preorder

The price is 34.99 Euro - any further price discounts will be given immediately.

The Amazon reply to my order said that the product - althought no release date has been announced yet - will be delivered approximately between March 8 and 24, 2006. I consider that fiction, though. Maybe, they meant 2007? ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Feb 7 2006, 05:57 AM Wrote:I thought I post the link to the German Amazon.de "The Burning Crusade" preorder site here, because I bet that the first batches will be sold out immediately as they have been in February 2005 when WoW first came out:

WoW: The Burning Crusade (Add-on)- GERMAN Version - Preorder

The price is 34.99 Euro - any further price discounts will be given immediately.

The Amazon reply to my order said that the product - althought no release date has been announced yet - will be delivered approximately between March 8 and 24, 2006. I consider that fiction, though. Maybe, they meant 2007? ;)
[right][snapback]101386[/snapback][/right]

Burning Crusade seriously, seriously needs to be downloadable. (Not for free, but you shouldn't have to go box hunting)
Bird,Feb 7 2006, 12:58 PM Wrote:Burning Crusade seriously, seriously needs to be downloadable. (Not for free, but you shouldn't have to go box hunting)
[right][snapback]101390[/snapback][/right]
Or both :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Bird,Feb 7 2006, 06:58 AM Wrote:Burning Crusade seriously, seriously needs to be downloadable. (Not for free, but you shouldn't have to go box hunting)
[right][snapback]101390[/snapback][/right]

Considering the vast amount of content they've added to the game through patches, I can't see why offering the expansion for download would be a problem. Although, I'd probably rather go out and pick the thing up than deal with the hassle of a snail's pace on the Blizzard Downloader.
See you in Town,
-Z
I'm not an expert on the games biz, but I think it is something like the retailers will not give them prominent displays in the store if they are offering it for download. /shrug.
I don't want it to be a download. If it's a download then it's only going to be a few hundred megs worth of stuff. I want gigs of data! :) Give me stuff! :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.