Lockpicking Training
Does anyone have a complete list for HORDE for training the Rogue's Lockpicking skill (from level 1 to 300)?

My Troll Rogue (level 26) has currently skill level 80 (from the quest chests in the pirate ship in Durotar), and the Undercity trainer said I should now train with the Syndicate chests found in Durnholde in Hillsbrad. Those chests however, are red for me (skill to low) ...
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
These are rough numbers on the lockpicking skill required on the boxes since I haven't gone through and written down just went they go from red to orange to yellow to green. I'll have to start up a new baby rogue again and track it better. The low number is a very rough estimation so it's best to be about 5-10 picking higher than what I list.

Starting ~75 lockpick up to ~125
  • Redridge Mountains - Lake Everstill <>
  • Stonetalon Mountains - Windshear Crag and Mines<>
  • Ashenvale Forest - Zoram Strand (these will be the high end of the range)<>
    [st]
    Starting ~100 lockpicking to ~150
    • Hillsbrad Foothills - Durnholde Keep<>
    • Wetlands - Murloc Camps<>
      [st]
      ~150-~200
      • Desolace - Sar'theris Strand<>
        [st]
        ~175-~225
        • Badlands - Angor Fortress<>
        • Swamp of Sorrows - Pool of Tears<>
          [st]
          ~200-~250
          • Tanaris Desert - Lost Rigger Cove<>
            [st]
            ~215-~250
            • Searing Gorge - The Slag Pit<>
              [st]
              ~225-~275
              • Azshara - Bay of Storms<>
                [st]
                ~265-~300
                • Eastern Plaguelands - Tyr's Hand<>
                  [st]
                  Keep in mind that you can also pickpocket boxes to open off of humanoids in the same areas and that there are also doors in places like Scarlet Monastery and BRD that you can open to help skill up as well. DM doors require 300 picking iirc so they won't help you when you get up that high.
Intolerant monkey.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Treesh,Feb 7 2006, 11:04 AM Wrote:Starting ~75 lockpick up to ~125
  • Redridge Mountains - Lake Everstill
  • Stonetalon Mountains - Windshear Crag and Mines
  • Ashenvale Forest - Zoram Strand (these will be the high end of the range)
    [right][snapback]101400[/snapback][/right]
You can get from 0 to at least 100 in the boxes on the pirate boat south of Ratchet for the first rogue quest. I think you can go a bunch further there and possibly on the last box for the quest as well (don't know for sure about that one).
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Raelynn,Feb 7 2006, 10:53 AM Wrote:You can get from 0 to at least 100 in the boxes on the pirate boat south of Ratchet for the first rogue quest.&nbsp; I think you can go a bunch further there and possibly on the last box for the quest as well (don't know for sure about that one).
[right][snapback]101410[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, Alliance can get to 80 at Alther's Mill easily if they do their lockpick quest at 16.

--Mav
You used to be able to continue lockpicking the last quest chest up to 100+

There would be no gear icon, but you could pick it by clicking on lockpick then the chest. I seem to remember changes in patch notes and it's been a LONG time since I've leveled lockpick in that range, but I know some alliance rogues used to come to Ratchet for those 80-120 ish skill level points because the horde chest was a lot easier to sit and pick repeatedly than the similar alliance chest.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
You might find this lockpicking thread helpful.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I could now train lockpicking up to level 125 using the jewel case in the pirate boat near Ratchet, after I've figured out that you need to activate the lockpicking button first before you can access that quest box at all ;)
Once you have skilled out on the ship , keep your lockpicking up to date every lvl , that way the information you get from the trainer is always pretty spot on .
Take care
Once my Rogue hits level 30, I'll go back to the poison quest chest in the tower in the Barrens to level up straight from 125 to 175. After that, I'll follow the advice from the trainers :)
nobbie,Feb 11 2006, 11:02 AM Wrote:Once my Rogue hits level 30, I'll go back to the poison quest chest in the tower in the Barrens to level up straight from 125 to 175. After that, I'll follow the advice from the trainers :)
[right][snapback]101821[/snapback][/right]
1. After 175 SM was my favorite place to pick locks. You have 2 doors to pick after which you can go inside the instance and pick pockets, get a few junkboxes, pick them, and then go back and pick the doors again. Or after opening the doors, go harvest some grave moss in the graveyard and by the time you get back the doors should be pickable again. Reset the instance, lather rinse and repeat. Make sure that you do not use your key on the doors.

2. I also leveled up a good bit by opening lockboxes for guildmates. They still mail me their lockboxes for opening. If a high level rogue in your guild already does that, ask him to forward the level appropriate boxes on to you.

3. BRD is a great place for improving high level lockpicking. There are 3 doors to open close to the entrance which you can easily get to without drawing any aggro, and they are on the way to Plugger.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]