Experimental Graphics Change in 1.9.3
I found this while rummaging through the official tech support forums. Apparently Blizz put a new experimental code in 1.9.3 that uses a different "rendering strategy" while in crowded areas to try and cut down on lag. Although the post is in the Mac tech forum the code is present in all clients.

Quote:In tests internally, in the most crowded times of Ironforge, we would see frame rate benefits anywhere from zero to 30%, depending on which OS, CPU, and GPU brand were in use, and on the contents of the scene. One GPU brand responds somewhat more dramatically than others in our tests.

To enable this code you have to manually edit your Config.wtf file to add the line:

SET M2Faster "1"

From my experience it seems to help reduce the massive hiccup I usually have when entering in Orgrimmar by a noticeable amount.
Cool, I added the line. We'll see what happens once the servers come back up.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
I dont really need to do this , due to specs of my machine I never really lag in IF but tried it out . I went to the spot just before the bank where it is extremely full of people and typed this in around a dozen times on and off and watching the FPS meter , each time I switched it on I got around 4 FPS better , so it does work :)
Take care
Gorthag,Feb 17 2006, 03:25 PM Wrote:I found this while rummaging through the official tech support forums.  Apparently Blizz put a new experimental code in 1.9.3 that uses a different "rendering strategy" while in crowded areas to try and cut down on lag.  Although the post is in the Mac tech forum the code is present in all clients.
To enable this code you have to manually edit your Config.wtf file to add the line:

SET M2Faster "1"

From my experience it seems to help reduce the massive hiccup I usually have when entering in Orgrimmar by a noticeable amount.
[right][snapback]102296[/snapback][/right]

Gave it a shot, noticed little or no difference, and seemingly a lot more lag during PvP encounters outdoors.

AthlonXP 2500+
Radeon 9600XT 128MB
512MB RAM

As with a lot of such fixes, YMMV, it appears.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.