Warrior Rage bug/exploit
In the last two weeks it seems some of the Warriors in my guild have been playing around with a rage bug that allows them to generate full rage without engaging a mob. It has something to do if you have Tactical Mastery and Anger Management. All they do is target a level 1 creature and somehow get into combat and build rage. I have played a Warrior to 60 but have never tried to duplicate this.

Is this an intended feature, bug or exploit?
Has this been in the game for a while?

Just wondering :)
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
Sword_of_Doom,Mar 2 2006, 03:06 PM Wrote:In the last two weeks it seems some of the Warriors in my guild have been playing around with a rage bug that allows them to generate full rage without engaging a mob.  It has something to do if you Tactical Mastery and Anger Management.  All they do is target a level 1 creature and somehow get into combat and build rage.  I have played a Warrior to 60 but have never tried to duplicate this.

Is this an intended feature, bug or exploit?
Has this been in the game for a while?

Just wondering :)
[right][snapback]103419[/snapback][/right]

It has been in the game for a while, it has been communicated in the warrior forum to Tseric, it is unclear whether anything will be done about it. Anger Management is under review, and if it has the 1 rage per tick removed from it, then this will no longer be an issue.

Requirement:
Must have Anger management

Re-creation:
Right click on a mob (as if to attack it) from well outside aggro radius
Hit Bloodrage (this puts you in combat for the duration of bloodrage)
You will never leave combat, and since anger management generates 1 rage per tick, eventually you will tick to 100 rage.

However this takes a long time. Bloodrage is 10 seconds for 24 rage. You must remain in combat for another ~3 minutes to be completely full on rage.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Mar 2 2006, 11:12 PM Wrote:It has been in the game for a while, it has been communicated in the warrior forum to Tseric, it is unclear whether anything will be done about it.

Requirement:
Must have Anger management

Re-creation:
Right click on a mob (as if to attack it) from well outside aggro radius
Hit Bloodrage (this puts you in combat for the duration of bloodrage)
You will never leave combat, and since anger management generates 1 rage per tick, eventually you will tick to 100 rage.

However this takes a long time.  Bloodrage is 10 seconds for 24 rage.  You must remain in combat for another ~3 minutes to be completely full on rage.
[right][snapback]103420[/snapback][/right]

Your explanation is much better than mine :) We generally take 3+ minutes to get ready for a boss encounter so the Warriors getting full rage is no big deal. I would consider this a bug/exploit as its obvious not an intended class skill.
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
Anger Management
Instant
Increases the time required for your rage to decay while out of combat by 30%.
Source: Talent

Why is this generating rage in the first place? it should slow it's decline ooc, not increase it?
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Crusader,Mar 3 2006, 07:36 AM Wrote:Anger Management
Instant
Why is this generating rage in the first place? it should slow it's decline ooc, not increase it?
[right][snapback]103459[/snapback][/right]

This has been known for a long time. *In combat*, it increases your rage slowly.
--Mav
Crusader,Mar 3 2006, 07:36 AM Wrote:Anger Management
Instant
[right][snapback]103459[/snapback][/right]

In combat rage decay is 0%. So in combat with this talent it becomes some negative value of decay. Negative decay is rage generation. This is the true power of this talent. If this talent didn't do this many warriors would skip it. AFIAK it's been like this since beta.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
A more technical explanation of why rage is generated at all is thus:

Warriors have a natural rage decay, 2 rage per tick, that is there ALL the time, even in combat.

When in combat, warriors do not lose rage, because being in the state of combat turns on a rage generation mechanism of 2 rage per tick, to offset the natural rage decay. Thus normally, the warrior will not generate or lose rage when in combat, because the decay and generation will offset.

When Anger Management comes into play, it reduces the natural rage decay by 30%. So now warriors lose only 1.4 rage every tick. Well, in combat, warriors still generate 2 rage per tick to offset the rage decay! So on average, warriors generate 0.6 rage per tick with Anger Management in combat.

The real issue here of course is the bugged when-oh-when-will-I-get-out-of-combat issue that was introduced this patch, but maybe this warrior bug will get them to fix it sooner.
Quote:You are no longer kept in combat while on auto-attack at long range.

Apparently fixed in 1.10, based on this item in the patch notes.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
I haven't tried it recently but the meathod is bloodrage then assisting yourself. When you assist a target in combat you enter combat, since bloodrage puts you in combat assising yourself counts as assisting a player in combat. I'm fairly sure this hasn't been fixed.

Edit: tested last night on some MC pulls. It's not fixed.
It is definitely fixed. Now if you right click on a mob and hit bloodrage you will drop out of combat after bloodrage runs out. You still passively gain rage while in combat from anger management, but that was never a bug.
Boutros,Apr 4 2006, 11:03 AM Wrote:You still passively gain rage while in combat from anger management, but that was never a bug.
[right][snapback]106205[/snapback][/right]

Well there is a bug somewhere with Anger Management.

Either the rage gain is a bug
or
the exclusion of mention of the rage gain on the talent tooltip is a bug.

They will fix one at some point, I'm hoping for the latter, since the former will effectively render Anger Management about as useful as Improved Thunderclap.
Boutros,Apr 4 2006, 02:03 PM Wrote:It is definitely fixed. Now if you right click on a mob and hit bloodrage you will drop out of combat after bloodrage runs out. You still passively gain rage while in combat from anger management, but that was never a bug.
[right][snapback]106205[/snapback][/right]

Aye, the 100 rage before combat is fixed. As sson as bloodrage times out you're done if not in combat.
--Mav
It's the intended feature,I think :)
Quote:It's the intended feature,I think :)

Didn't bother to read the thread did you?