Test Realm is up
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

Patch 1.10 Public Test Realms Now Available! - Ordinn on 3/3/06
The public test realms are now live! Players can now try out all the changes and additions coming in content patch 1.10. The highlights of this patch include Priest class improvements, new dungeon armor sets, weather effects, and a host of other exciting features. View the 1.10 test realm patch notes here to learn more.
Players can participate in the test realms by creating a character, using a pre-made level 60 character, or copying their characters from existing realms to the test realms. To copy a pre-made character, visit our Test Realm Character Copy page. Character transfers to the test realm are available from 3:00 AM to 3:00 PM PST Monday through Friday. The test realm game client, which can be downloaded at the same page, is available for both PC and Mac.

Please be aware that the test realms are designed to allow us to test major content patches before they go public. Therefore, some changes may be introduced to the public test realms during the testing phase, before a patch goes live, and some changes may be introduced to the patch after the test realms have closed. To read more about the test realms, please review the Test Realm FAQ. We truly appreciate our players taking the time t
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
O by the way i am in a queue of 984...........
Cenarius Alliance

Sword_of_Doom,Mar 4 2006, 04:54 PM Wrote:O by the way i am in a queue of 984...........
[right][snapback]103571[/snapback][/right]
Over 6000 here in Europe, and the char list won't load once you're through the queue ... ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
And every person ahead of you is a priest banging on the door wanting to be let in!
This is a great great patch, can't say enough about it. I did a pick up UBRS run with my hawt Dwarf Priestess (premade by Blizzard) and it took 1 hour and 20 minutes. There is less trash, the loot is excellent and i had a lot fun. It looks like this is everything a casual could ask for. The sets have been buffed for all classes for Tier 0 and quests give you gold! It seems to depend on the difficulty but for simple hand in quests in Winterspring i got 35 silver and then to collect 10 yeti hide it was 3.45 or something like that. So not bad.

Great job Blizzard i am quite surprised that they got it right and i actually look forward to gearing up my alts in all the old instances again with better loot tables and less mobs :)
Cenarius Alliance

Quote:Rumsey Rum gained from fishing is no longer soulbound.
The Diablo Stone now has a unique icon.

Thank God! It's about time those issues were addressed!
Me too , the amount of times I thought ooh still one soul shard left , only to realise later on it was my Diablo stone :P
Take care
Sword_of_Doom,Mar 4 2006, 09:20 PM Wrote:It seems to depend on the difficulty but for simple hand in quests in Winterspring i got 35 silver and then to collect 10 yeti hide it was 3.45 or something like that. 

So, let's see this quests was:
http://www.thottbot.com/?qu=3783

which gives 4350 exp and 85 silver.
That is: 260s / 4350 exp = 0.06 s per exp

I assume that the other quest yielded 575 exp (Looking at the quest list of winterspring, that is the lowest number.)

35s / 575 exp = 0.06 s per exp.

So the function seems to be linear and the silver per exp ratio is 0.06.
Quick question - I noticed that we can transfer premade chars - great idea - but what equipment did they put on them? I am looking at 5.5k line and I don't know if it will get any better, so I can't exactly find out =(.
lemekim,Mar 4 2006, 09:24 PM Wrote:Quick question - I noticed that we can transfer premade chars - great idea - but what equipment did they put on them? I am looking at 5.5k line and I don't know if it will get any better, so I can't exactly find out =(.
[right][snapback]103605[/snapback][/right]

Reportedly, they deck the pre-made characters out. They give everyone full "tier 0" blue sets. OK, sounds cheap, but after that they deck out out. For example, mages and warlocks get Staves of the Shadow Flame, ZHC, TOEP, a flask, etc. Pretty much for everything but the tier 0 slots, they give you the best items in the game plus or minus.
I'm in now with a Tauren Druid in Winterspring, and an Undead Mage in Tirisfal Glades. I did not sse any weather (effects) yet, so are they active or is it just rare that it rains or snow falls? Did anyone here see any weather effects?

EDIT:

It just began to rain in Brill ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
MongoJerry,Mar 5 2006, 03:22 AM Wrote:Reportedly, they deck the pre-made characters out.  They give everyone full "tier 0" blue sets.  OK, sounds cheap, but after that they deck out out.  For example, mages and warlocks get Staves of the Shadow Flame, ZHC, TOEP, a flask, etc.  Pretty much for everything but the tier 0 slots, they give you the best items in the game plus or minus.
[right][snapback]103614[/snapback][/right]

The whole point of this is to test the upgrade quests for the stuff, at least that was my theory so yeah you want everyone to have the T0 set to make that simpler.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Reportedly, they deck the pre-made characters out. They give everyone full "tier 0" blue sets. OK, sounds cheap, but after that they deck out out. For example, mages and warlocks get Staves of the Shadow Flame, ZHC, TOEP, a flask, etc. Pretty much for everything but the tier 0 slots, they give you the best items in the game plus or minus.

And yet ... they gave warriors Earthshaker. Sigh ...

I made myself a Warlock and a Mage and those rare times I can get on, I'm having a blast. Once the queues go down in a couple of weeks, two of my friends (a Warrior and a Priest) plan on seeing how far we can get in a three man Scholomance :D After that, we'll probably jump in some PUGs to see the changes to the dungeons.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Mar 5 2006, 01:12 PM Wrote:And yet ... they gave warriors Earthshaker. Sigh ...
[right][snapback]103632[/snapback][/right]

Seriously. Where's my quel and elementium trashcan?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
teske,Mar 4 2006, 10:17 PM Wrote:So, let's see this quests was:
http://www.thottbot.com/?qu=3783

which gives 4350 exp and 85 silver.
That is: 260s / 4350  exp = 0.06 s per exp

I assume that the other quest yielded 575 exp (Looking at the quest list of winterspring, that is the lowest number.)

35s / 575 exp = 0.06 s per exp.

So the function seems to be linear and the silver per exp ratio is 0.06.
[right][snapback]103604[/snapback][/right]

In other words, 6 copper per exp. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Artega,Mar 5 2006, 05:43 PM Wrote:Seriously.  Where's my quel and elementium trashcan?
[right][snapback]103634[/snapback][/right]

They didn't even give warriors some one-hander and a shield? That's... very smart of them. They gave everyone tier 0 sets so that people can run instances to upgrade it, and yet they provided no tanking gear whatsoever to help in that.

At least the people on the test server won't say anything when every warrior starts tanking with a two-hander! (Unless it's a secret Blizzard plan to get people to accept druids and paladins as tanks!)
Where does the new level 52 Druid quest in the Un'Goro Crater start, and what is it called?

PS:

The tropical rain shower and water steam in the Un'Goro Crater were awesome! Now, that was rain (compared to the Tirisfal shower) ;)

All that's missing now for good atmosphere is that you can hear the rain drops on the roof of the inns, i.e. the Brill inn, when you're INSIDE the building!
Quote:At least the people on the test server won't say anything when every warrior starts tanking with a two-hander! (Unless it's a secret Blizzard plan to get people to accept druids and paladins as tanks!)

No kidding, a Druid would be a better choice for boss fights at this point. They should have given Warriors, Shaman and Paladins both a 2her and a 1h+shield.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Mar 5 2006, 09:58 PM Wrote:No kidding, a Druid would be a better choice for boss fights at this point. They should have given Warriors, Shaman and Paladins both a 2her and a 1h+shield.
[right][snapback]103644[/snapback][/right]
The 20 health and 20 mana potions are missing also this time on the test chars.