Hunter
Mage
Paladin
Priest
Rogue
Shaman
Warlock
Warrior
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Druid, Priest, and Warlock = ugh.

Rogue; SC is pretty good looking by itself, the new one's still good, just different.

I like the shaman and hunter sets alot more.

Whoever does the Mage gear needs to stop it with those freaking colors. It's gotta be a running joke with the art team. Magisters was, in my humble opinion, the best looking tier 0 set.

I can dig the warrior stuff.

Paladin- It's not gold! Yay!

All of them are very... difficult to see coordinated with non-set pieces.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Hahahahaha!

Mage is purple and blue again!

It's sad, really, but ... it's got me cracking up. I should bring Mitzy out of retirement, blue and purple probably wouldn't look too bad on her.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Rinnhart,Mar 5 2006, 09:35 AM Wrote:Druid, Priest, and Warlock = ugh.

Rogue; SC is pretty good looking by itself, the new one's still good, just different.

I like the shaman and hunter sets alot more.

Whoever does the Mage gear needs to stop it with those freaking colors. It's gotta be a running joke with the art team. Magisters was, in my humble opinion, the best looking tier 0 set.

I can dig the warrior stuff.

Paladin- It's not gold! Yay!

All of them are very... difficult to see coordinated with non-set pieces.
[right][snapback]103623[/snapback][/right]
I like the new Dreadmist textures simply because I don't think warlocks should be purple.
The error occurred on line -1.
Eh, Valor.5 still looks lame in my opinion. I thought for a second before I looked at the picture I would be blown away by its coolness and I'd have to actually get Valor and do all the quests :)

The new Shadow Craft looks awesome as does Elements. The rest, not bad, but not amazing.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Mar 5 2006, 12:07 PM Wrote:Eh, Valor.5 still looks lame in my opinion. I thought for a second before I looked at the picture I would be blown away by its coolness and I'd have to actually get Valor and do all the quests :)

The new Shadow Craft looks awesome as does Elements. The rest, not bad, but not amazing.
[right][snapback]103631[/snapback][/right]

I like the look of old and new valor. :)
Is there somewhere with the stats on these sets? I'd like to see those but no luck on Alla or Thott for it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Mar 6 2006, 06:26 AM Wrote:Is there somewhere with the stats on these sets?  I'd like to see those but no luck on Alla or Thott for it.
[right][snapback]103640[/snapback][/right]
Try WoWGuru. The information is incomplete at the moment, but it will get updated....eventually. :)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:I like the look of old and new valor.

They're too Alliance-ish! My Warrior shouldn't be decked in the colors Gold and Blue :( He requires something a little darker, a little more Horde-ish :)
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Watto44,Mar 5 2006, 03:35 PM Wrote:Try WoWGuru. The information is incomplete at the moment, but it will get updated....eventually. :)
[right][snapback]103646[/snapback][/right]

I hope it's also hopelessly inaccurate, as the stats listed for the Virtuous Bracers are worse than the Devout Bracers...
vor_lord,Mar 5 2006, 07:49 PM Wrote:I hope it's also hopelessly inaccurate, as the stats listed for the Virtuous Bracers are worse than the Devout Bracers...
[right][snapback]103648[/snapback][/right]

Not sure about that.

7 stam, 10 int, 10 spi - Devout
8 stam, 8 int, 8 spi, +9 damage and healing, 2 mana/5 - Virtuous.

I'd take the second on my priest any day and with holy being able to actually do some damage that damage and healing is even better. 2 mana/5 is worth a lot more than 2 spi too even with the new talent that turns spi to damage/healing.
---
Gnollguy,Mar 5 2006, 09:28 PM Wrote:Not sure about that.

7 stam, 10 int, 10 spi - Devout
8 stam, 8 int, 8 spi, +9 damage and healing, 2 mana/5 - Virtuous.

I'd take the second on my priest any day and with holy being able to actually do some damage that damage and healing is even better.  2 mana/5 is worth a lot more than 2 spi too even with the new talent that turns spi to damage/healing.
[right][snapback]103654[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm when I looked it didn't have any damage and healing or mana regen. Definitely that is an upgrade if those are the stats.

See -- I'm glad it was inaccurate :)
Spangles, a female night elf, is a supermodel and fashion designer as well as a warrior princess.

She has made and tried on every pattern she has, searching for something to wear.

She has shopped Stormwind and Moonglade for every piece of clothing that does not make her look like a refrigerator, or a train wreck.

She will not wear full Valor except in MC where it is too dark to be seen. The new warrior set is the same hideous pattern with garish new colors.

She will wear it, however, because it is accessible, and the new stats and bonuses are just what she needs.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Completely tangential, but this is one of my peeves...

How can something be "Tier 0"? The first Tier would be... tier 1?

The Tiers are used to separate EPIC item sets. These are not epic, which is why Blizzard calls them the Dungeon sets and Dungeon 2 sets.

What do we call the set from the Wailing Cavern? Tier -0.5?

*head explodes*
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Mar 6 2006, 05:18 PM Wrote:How can something be "Tier 0"?  The first Tier would be... tier 1?

Any time you see the "zeroth" iteration of something, you see a spoof of array notation, in which the first index (the position of an array element, as opposed to its value) is 0 instead of 1, by mathematical convention.

In other words, this is coder/geek talk :lol:
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Ynir,Mar 6 2006, 12:35 PM Wrote:Any time you see the "zeroth" iteration of something, you see a spoof of array notation...

[quote] notation may be one of the places where we learn to start counting at zero, but often when you see a "number zero" something, it just means, "We started numbering things with 1, 2, 3, and then found a new one that should be first!"
Zarathustra,Mar 6 2006, 12:18 PM Wrote:Completely tangential, but this is one of my peeves...

How can something be "Tier 0"?  The first Tier would be... tier 1?

The Tiers are used to separate EPIC item sets.  These are not epic, which is why Blizzard calls them the Dungeon sets and Dungeon 2 sets.

What do we call the set from the Wailing Cavern?  Tier -0.5?

*head explodes*
[right][snapback]103694[/snapback][/right]

Blizzard calls them Dungeon Set 1 and Dungeon Set 2.

And yeah it started as Warrior set, Mage set, etc. Then the Epic sets came in, in two levels so there was Tier 1 and Tier 2 and the blue sets became Teir 0 because while not class specific it was pretty obvious they were designed for specific classes. So it became easier to remember Mage T0,1,2 as opposed to um, I don't recall anything but Arcanist since I don't have a mage past L38 yet.

Since there are only a few other sets in the game and they are very low level and there aren't sets for all the classes of equivalent gear level they just get the set name since there is so much less data to track.
---
Out of this whole mess, I do resent the necessity of the old dungeon sets to get the new armor.

I'd almost prefer being forced to have to collect eight new, equally rare quest specific drops over having to go get a pair of Lightforge boots and gloves to finish my purple and silver showpiece.

I convinced myself I didn't need them when I could have actually found them useful, and I don't want to farm them now that they really are worthless, I don't care if they've been moved to less retarded places.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Anyone have details of the quests?

I've heard that the quests are sequential and that the fourth of the quests involves 5 manning strat dead through Baron in <45 minutes.

Any other details on the quests?

Added:
Bracers are first and there is a flat 20g cost + minimal farming for quest items
2nd and 3rd happen at the same time and require Belt + Gloves + crafted mats (delicate arcanite converter?) + money + farmed quest items.

Rumor is that the chest is last. Going by this scale it's likely to total into the several hundred gold range for all mats and flat costs for a fully upgraded suit of armor.

Edit: Added items.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I've heard that the quests are sequential and that the fourth of the quests involves 5 manning strat dead through Baron in <45 minutes.

Yep, I'm doing that part tonite. I personally haven't done any of it but I have a friend who's going through and cataloging all the items you need to collect for the quest series (Enchanted Leather, Dark Iron bars, etc) so that in the meantime, we can start getting stuff together for the guild.