Terenas - Completing our T0 sets
I bought all of th junk I could for most of my characters.

Lianne now has the 3 BoEs plus mask
Concillian has belt and bracers (found bracers for 30g :w00t: )
And I never play my rogue, but SC bracers were only 10g, so I bought them.

I'd buy the valor belt, but haven't seen it for less than 150-200g, and I'm not paying that much for it.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Apr 16 2006, 11:51 AM Wrote:I bought all of th junk I could for most of my characters.

Lianne now has the 3 BoEs plus mask
Concillian has belt and bracers (found bracers for 30g  :w00t: )
And I never play my rogue, but SC bracers were only 10g, so I bought them.

I'd buy the valor belt, but haven't seen it for less than 150-200g, and I'm not paying that much for it.
[right][snapback]107368[/snapback][/right]
I found this to be a helpful link Rogue sets
It was after comparing the "clown suit" to the sets that I realized getting the set pieces was not worth the time and trouble and expense.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Apr 16 2006, 01:03 PM Wrote:I found this to be a helpful link Rogue sets
It was after comparing the "clown suit" to the sets that I realized getting the set pieces was not worth the time and trouble and expense.
[right][snapback]107370[/snapback][/right]

Well, the Heroism set looks about halfway to Might, and a pretty decent set of upgrades, especially the pieces Deathbone doesn't have, for a tank.

And I looked over the Five Thunders vs Elements, and it's got some nice pluses, too, including about twice the stam, and some real nice +dam/heal and mana/5.

Since I don't expect to do MC with my shammy, it's a nice upgrade worth working for. On SR, if I was raiding with the char, not so much.
--Mav
Alram,Apr 16 2006, 10:03 AM Wrote:I found this to be a helpful link Rogue sets
[right][snapback]107370[/snapback][/right]

In most cases, the 6/8 bonus from the tier 0.5 set makes it worth it from that standpoint. Usually you can replace 2/8 with better other blues and come up with what is either the best or just shy of the best set you can put together without raiding.

For rogue and warrior, it's hard to replace +40AP on the 6/8 bonus. That's a big chunk of AP that you lose if you switch out pieces. I have done the analysis for warrior, and you need 2-3 purples replacing blues before you can make up for that set bonus. For the rogue, I haven't done the analysis, more of the available rogue armor is DPS focused than warrior armor, but I think there is probably a good combionation of gear that includes 6/8 darkmantle + 2/8 other blues or purples in the remaining slots.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Just got my Valor Gauntlets from Ramstein. Damn group wiped on the baron twice though, 2nd time at 1% -_-
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Hey,

Got my bracers for the AH today, so only Crown and Shoulders to go now. :w00t:

Mistique

vor_lord,Mar 6 2006, 11:50 PM Wrote:Since what we've seen so far of the 1.10 T0.5 sets looks nice, I'm wanting to get a listing of where we're at with our blue T0 sets.  This might help us decide what to do in the coming weeks.

I put in what I remember of people's stuff, please reply with what you have.
I'll update this top post as people indicate their info.  I will also update where the piece is to be found when 1.10 comes out and we find out new locations for some of them.
Necrali
5/8 of Devout (Gloves, Bracers, Belt, Robe, Skirt), needs:
  • <>
  • Mantle -- UBRS
    <>
  • Sandals -- Strat Dead
    <>
  • Crown -- Scholomance
    <>
    [st]Octord
    7/8 of Dreadmist (Belt, Bracers, Mantle, Robe, Sandals, Wraps, Leggings), needs:
    • <>
    • Crown -- Scholomance
      <>
      [st]Fazuul
      5/8 of Wildheart (Belt, Bracers, Spaulders, Boots, Gloves), needs:
      • <>
      • Kilt -- Strat Dead
        <>
      • Cowl -- Scholomance
        <>
      • Vest -- UBRS
        <>
        [st]Jandrey
        3/8 Valor (Bracers, Helm, Gauntlets), needs
        • <>
        • Belt -- LBRS
          <>
        • Boots -- Scholomance
          <>
        • Breastplate -- LBRS
          <>
        • Legplates -- Dead Strat
          <>
        • Spaulders -- UBRS
          <>
          [st]Xarhud
          3/8 of Devout (Belt, Sandals, Robe), needs:
          • <>
          • Bracers -- Strat
            <>
          • Gloves -- Strat Live
            <>
          • Mantle -- UBRS
            <>
          • Skirt -- Strat Dead
            <>
          • Crown -- Scholomance
            <>
            [st]Yuri
            7/8 of Magister's (Belt, Bindings, Crown, Leggings, Gloves, Mantle, Boots), needs:
            • <>
            • Robes -- UBRS
              <>
              [st]Rogoll
              6/8 of Shadowcraft (Boots, Cap, Pants, Gloves, Belt, Bracers), needs:
              • <>
              • Spaulders -- Strat Live
                <>
              • Tunic -- UBRS
                <>
                [st]MarnTruehorn
                5/8 of Beaststalker (Helm, Shoulders, Belt, Gloves, Pants), needs:
                • <>
                • Boots -- Strat Dead
                  <>
                • Chest -- UBRS
                  <>
                • Bindings -- Strat
                  <>
                  [st]Conc
                  5/8 of Valor (Bracers, Legplates, Breastplate, Spaulders, Gauntlets), needs:
                  • <>
                  • Boots -- Scholomance
                    <>
                  • Belt -- LBRS
                    <>
                  • Helm -- Scholomance
                    <>
                    [st]Mogoraindyn
                    3/8 of Elements (Bindings, Gauntlets, Cord), needs:
                    • <>
                    • Boots -- LBRS
                      <>
                    • Coif -- Scholomance
                      <>
                    • Kilt -- Strat Dead
                      <>
                    • Pauldrons -- UBRS
                      <>
                    • Vest -- UBRS
                      <>
                      [st]Swirlytracks
                      6/8 of Beaststalker (Mantle, Boots, Pants, Gloves, Bindings, Belt), needs:
                      • <>
                      • Cap -- Scholomance
                        <>
                      • Tunic -- UBRS
                        <>
                        [st]Swirlywar
                        3/8 Valor (Bracers, Gauntlets, Belt), needs
                        • <>
                        • Boots -- Scholomance
                          <>
                        • Breastplate -- LBRS
                          <>
                        • Helm -- Scholomance
                          <>
                          <>
                        • Spaulders -- UBRS
                          <>
                          [st]Mistique
                          5/8 of Magister's (Boots, Belt, Robe, Leggings, Gloves), needs:
                          • <>
                          • Bindings -- BRS
                            <>
                          • Crown -- Scholomance
                            <>
                          • Mantle -- Scholomance
                            <>
                            [st]Wimpy
                            1/8 Valor (Bracers), needs
                            • <>
                            • Helm -- Scholomance
                              <>
                            • Belt -- LBRS
                              <>
                            • Boots -- Scholomance
                              <>
                            • Breastplate -- LBRS
                              <>
                            • Gauntlets -- Dead Strat
                              <>
                              <>
                            • Spaulders -- UBRS
                              <>
                              [st]Keshoga
                              2/8 of Elements (Bindings[upgraded], Cord), needs
                              • <>
                              • Gauntlets (#1 priority)-- UBRS
                                <>
                              • Boots -- LBRS
                                <>
                              • Coif -- Scholomance
                                <>
                              • Kilt -- Strat Dead
                                <>
                              • Pauldrons -- UBRS
                                <>
                              • Vest -- UBRS
                                <>
                                [st]Nashkara
                                7/8 of Wildheart (Kilt, Cowl, Spaulders, Boots, Belt, Bracers, Gloves), needs
                                • <>
                                • Vest -- UBRS
                                  <>
                                  [st]Lianne
                                  4/8 of Dreadmist (Bracers, Wraps, Belt and Mask), needs
                                  • <>
                                  • Leggings -- Strat Dead
                                    <>
                                  • Mantle -- Scholomance
                                    <>
                                  • Robe -- UBRS
                                    <>
                                  • Sandals -- Strat Dead
                                    <>
                                    [st]
                                    [right][snapback]103691[/snapback][/right]
I got a pair of bracers in the mail from SirD last night so just the boots and chest are needed now.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Apr 18 2006, 07:24 AM Wrote:I got a pair of bracers in the mail from SirD last night so just the boots and chest are needed now.
[right][snapback]107544[/snapback][/right]

Updated. And I DE'd two sets of Beaststalker boots last Friday... :(
mistique,Apr 18 2006, 02:34 AM Wrote:Hey,

Got my bracers for the AH today, so only Crown and Shoulders to go now. :w00t:

Mistique
[right][snapback]107523[/snapback][/right]

Updated. Make sure you work on those upgrade quests, the more people we get ready for the 45 minute Baron run the better.
vor_lord,Apr 18 2006, 10:39 AM Wrote:Updated.&nbsp; Make sure you work on those upgrade quests, the more people we get ready for the 45 minute Baron run the better.
[right][snapback]107557[/snapback][/right]
As I have mentioned in other posts, I am not pursuing the set upgrades. However, my rogue is available to help with a 45 minute Baron run if anyone ever thinks they need a rogue along.
Alram,Apr 18 2006, 11:10 AM Wrote:As I have mentioned in other posts, I am not pursuing the set upgrades. However, my rogue is available to help with a 45 minute Baron run if anyone ever thinks they need a rogue along.
[right][snapback]107572[/snapback][/right]

Well, my priority at this time is UBRS, so I can get my Elements gloves to hand in, *so that* I will have the 45 minute baron quest!

--Mav
Concillian,Apr 16 2006, 05:52 PM Wrote:In most cases, the 6/8 bonus from the tier 0.5 set makes it worth it from that standpoint.&nbsp; Usually you can replace 2/8 with better other blues and come up with what is either the best or just shy of the best set you can put together without raiding.

For rogue and warrior, it's hard to replace +40AP on the 6/8 bonus.&nbsp; That's a big chunk of AP that you lose if you switch out pieces.&nbsp; I have done the analysis for warrior, and you need 2-3 purples replacing blues before you can make up for that set bonus.&nbsp; For the rogue, I haven't done the analysis, more of the available rogue armor is DPS focused than warrior armor, but I think there is probably a good combionation of gear that includes 6/8 darkmantle + 2/8 other blues or purples in the remaining slots.
[right][snapback]107380[/snapback][/right]
All blues--no rogue set pieces
Ghostshroud Head 132 Armor +12 Strength+19 Agility +18 Stamina +5 Shadow Resistance

Bracers of the Eclipse 76 Armor +10 Agility +9 Stamina Durability 35 / 35 Equip: +24 Attack Power

Pads of the Dread Wolf 116 Armor +14 Stamina Durability 50 / 50 Equip: +40 Attack Power

Wyrmtongue Shoulders 132 Armor +23 Agility +10 Stamina Durability 60 / 60

Cadaverous Armor Chest 172 Armor +8 Strength +8 Agility Durability 100 / 100 Equip: +60 Attack Power.

Frostbite Girdle Waist 98 Armor +5 Strength +15 Agility +15 Stamina +10 Frost Resistance

Devilsaur Gauntlets Hands 103 Armor +9 Stamina Equip: +28 Attack Power.
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.

Devilsaur Leggings 148 Armor +12 Stamina Equip: +46 Attack Power.
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.

Devilsaur set bonus: Improves your chance to hit by 2%.

Totals
armor 977
stamina 87
agility 75
strength 25
attack power 198
crit 2%
hit 2 %
frost resistance 10
shadow resistance 5

Darkmantle Armor totals including set bonuses
armor 1247
stamina 97
agility 184
strength 57
attack power 40
crit 1%
hit 2%
+8 All Resistances
Chance on melee attack to restore 35 energy

Translating agility and strength to attack power we get a total attack power of 281 for Darkmantle and 298 for the clown suit.

Quote:Rogues require 29 AGI for an additional 1% critical hit chance
source--Wowwiki
Translating agility to additional 1% critical hit chance we get a total + crit% of 7.3% for Darkmantle and 4.6% for the clown suit.

Rogues require 14.5 AGI for an additional 1% dodge chance.
Translating agility to 1% dodge chance we get a total + dodge% of 12.7% for Darkmantle and 5.2% for the clown suit.

Clearly Darkmantle is superior to the clown suit in every respect except for attack power. My earlier statements about all blues--no rogue set pieces being superior is inaccurate. The question then comes down to are the improved Darkmantle bonuses worth the time and expense?
I've done some comparing, and calling these pieces T0.5 is actually fairly accurate. Heroism is (roughly) halfway between Might and Valor. Five Thunders is (roughly) halfway between Elements and Earthfury.

So, they're a pretty decent non-raiding set, some of the epic pieces being pretty close to ZG/AQ20 quest gear, and to me, they're no more time and effort than say, the CC rep grind some of you have done. The 45-minute Baron run practicing is amusing to me that so many find it so hard. (Not meaning Lurkers or any particular group here) If you want a T1 set, that's what you'll have to do. Learn the pulls, learn the fights, streamline it, and die several times doing it :P. They're epic pieces you can get in 5 and 10-man raid instances w/o a huge element of luck, so yes, you'll have to work for them.

To me, they're another way that Blizz has put in to get your gear to a level that seems to be as high as you can go w/o 40-man raiding. I see this level roughly defined by the Exalted PvP gear, the 20-man (AQ20 and ZG) gear, and the T0.5 gear. And, the top-end of the T0.5 coincides with *some* of the first-half drops in MC, so you're really not doing that badly.

(compare BP of Heroism with Zandalar Vindicator's BP)

Disclaimer: I'm no min-maxer or number-cruncher, so I haven't added up anything, it's more of a general impression thing
--Mav
Mavfin,Apr 18 2006, 10:56 AM Wrote:The 45-minute Baron run practicing is amusing to me that so many find it so hard.
[right][snapback]107603[/snapback][/right]

This quest is really right up our alley. Sure, it's tough if you at the gear level that would actually benefit from it. However, it's dang fun. It's also something that can be done in small "non-raider" kind of chunks. I'm looking forward to doing many of these for people.

Alram, I believe that in our particular situation, effort involved in getting the Darkmantle set will not be much more than getting the clown suit. You already have 6/8 Shadowcraft, and can immediately upgrade three of them should you want to (giving you 3/8 Darkmantle, 3/8 Shadowcraft). Once we get your shoulders, we would soon be able to upgrade the next three <crosses fingers on getting our Baron run strat down).

The grouping part of the quests we have a lot of people doing, i.e. 45 minute Baron runs, the spawned events in UBRS. And I'm sure a rogue would be very valuable -- I believe our current limiter is DPS. More people are getting up to that stage.

To get the clown suit, it would be a lot of farming for many of the pieces, with no certainty as to how long to get them.

Just picked up my Valor Legs and Belt from Strat
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
vor_lord,Apr 18 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:Alram, I believe that in our particular situation, effort involved in getting the Darkmantle set will not be much more than getting the clown suit.&nbsp; You already have 6/8 Shadowcraft, and can immediately upgrade three of them should you want to (giving you 3/8 Darkmantle, 3/8 Shadowcraft).&nbsp; Once we get your shoulders, we would soon be able to upgrade the next three <crosses fingers on getting our Baron run strat down).

To get the clown suit, it would be a lot of farming for many of the pieces, with no certainty as to how long to get them.
[right][snapback]107635[/snapback][/right]
Actually I already have my own version of the clown suit except for the shoulders.
Calculating the expense of the Darkmantle set:
Bracers--20G
Belt and Gloves--90G
Shoulders, and Boots--0G
Helm and Chest--120G
Total--230G--not cheap

Plus jumping through lots of hoops and farming. The 45 minute Baron run sounds like fun, but the rest sounds like a burden and a time sink. I appreciate your sentiments. Maybe I am being stubborn or foolish, but it will not involve more farming for the rest of the guild for me to get all the pieces. I'm not terribly unhappy with what I have (except for the shoulders).
Alram,Apr 18 2006, 07:42 PM Wrote:Plus jumping through lots of hoops and farming. The 45 minute Baron run sounds like fun, but the rest sounds like a burden and a time sink. I appreciate your sentiments. Maybe I am being stubborn or foolish, but it will not involve more farming for the rest of the guild for me to get all the pieces. I'm not terribly unhappy with what I have (except for the shoulders).
[right][snapback]107675[/snapback][/right]
Don't feel any pressure to get gear you don't want to get. It's your time and effort to spend. If you're happy with your gear, be happy with your gear. :) You aren't hurting the guild or any of that nonsense with being "undergeared" (pfft), so don't feel pressured to get more gear.
Intolerant monkey.
Some nice person sent me the Gauntlets of Valor in the mail today so I've got 2/8 Bracers of Heroism and Gauntlets of Valor.

Thanks vor_lord ;)
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
Well Marn got lucky and picked up the Beaststalker Tunic in UBRS so I'm just missing the boots on him now. But that damn spider doesn't like me se we'll see.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Treesh,Apr 18 2006, 11:25 PM Wrote:Don't feel any pressure to get gear you don't want to get.&nbsp; It's your time and effort to spend.&nbsp; If you're happy with your gear, be happy with your gear. :)&nbsp; You aren't hurting the guild or any of that nonsense with being "undergeared" (pfft), so don't feel pressured to get more gear.
[right][snapback]107687[/snapback][/right]

Oh yeah, Alram, don't take us wrong. It's your toon and your gear. And your time. BTW, Terenas Lurkers, I had fun in UBRS today with a certain human warlock named Loquita. She's 55, so Alram will soon join GG, Treesh and I in having a 60 in both Lurkers guilds!

--Mav