Grrr I'm REALLY ANGRY
What I'm going to tell you, is not an everydays story!

Today, I was, you see, beginning my usual Laz run with my mage, and, stopping by Gris's shop, i found available to buy....yes, a King's Broad Sword of Haste!

Not a Bastard Sword, huh? Well, right... But, you have to agree that a ksoh is always ksoh...

And guess how long I was the happy owner? A couple of hours... That damn lag just had to destroy the ksoh and NOTHING else when I was muling! (the person who was helping me with muling, is totally trusted of course...he said, he took the sword for a look and then threw it away again - no one ever saw that piece of iron after that...)

Well, that's the story:( Now I have to lie to myself that it wasn't really important, just a bunch of pixels, huh:( that Doom is a better sword and so on....

Did you ever lose your eqiupment in the same way - because of lags?
Kind Knight,Mar 6 2006, 05:30 PM Wrote:What I'm going to tell you, is not an everydays story!

Today, I was, you see, beginning my usual Laz run with my mage, and, stopping by Gris's shop, i found available to buy....yes, a King's Broad Sword of Haste!

Not a Bastard Sword, huh? Well, right... But, you have to agree that a ksoh is always ksoh...

And guess how long I was the happy owner? A couple of hours... That damn lag just had to destroy the ksoh and NOTHING else when I was muling! (the person who was helping me with muling, is totally trusted of course...he said, he took the sword for a look and then threw it away again - no one ever saw that piece of iron after that...)

Well, that's the story:( Now I have to lie to myself that it wasn't really important, just a bunch of pixels, huh:( that Doom is a better sword and so on....

Did you ever lose your eqiupment in the same way - because of lags?
[right][snapback]103715[/snapback][/right]

Heh, try loosing a champions/haste and you'll get a bit more anger ^_^

But yeah, believe we've all had our equipment mishaps, luckily KSoH isnt as rare as an Obs/Zod or somesuch. Nevermind that a KSoSpeed is just as good as Haste.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Urza-DSF,Mar 7 2006, 12: Wrote:Heh, try loosing a champions/haste and you'll get a bit more anger ^_^

But yeah, believe we've all had our equipment mishaps, luckily KSoH isnt as rare as an Obs/Zod or somesuch.  Nevermind that a KSoSpeed is just as good as Haste.
[right][snapback]103735[/snapback][/right]

Well, of course, a broad sword cannot stun, it has too low dmg and so on...But it's still extremely irritating that i finally put my hand on something good and lost it - damn, as always!

By the way, 5 min. after I bought that ksoh, Bloodlust gave me a bountiful staff of apocalypse (30 charges). Is at least that thing good?

And one more question - how much money would Griswold have for a normal ksoh - in a form of a bastard sword? Would it be like 160k or even more? I just want to be prepared :) ...
Well, this is a good reason why one should backup ones char :)

An alternative backup restoring, that I am sure some/many would frown on, would be to simply recreate an identical item through an item creation program.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

>Well, of course, a broad sword cannot stun, it has too low dmg and so on

It's been a while since I've played D1, so correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't that kind of damage also depends on the relevant stats, and and their character levels?

>By the way, 5 min. after I bought that ksoh, Bloodlust gave me a bountiful staff of apocalypse (30 charges). Is at least that thing good?

I'd say so. I usually keep some sort of apoc stick when playing a mage vs triple immunes. It's not essential, but it can be very, very convenient.
[quote=Hammerskjold,Mar 7 2006, 06:04 PM]
>Well, of course, a broad sword cannot stun, it has too low dmg and so on

It's been a while since I've played D1, so correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't that kind of damage also depends on the relevant stats, and and their character levels?

>By the way, 5 min. after I bought that ksoh, Bloodlust gave me a bountiful staff of apocalypse (30 charges). Is at least that thing good?

I'd say so. I usually keep some sort of apoc stick when playing a mage vs triple immunes. It's not essential, but it can be very, very convenient.
[right][snapback]103795[/snapback][/right]
[/quote

I just meant that a bastard sword is much better since you don't have to drink an enormous quantity of elixirs and get many levels to be able to stun:)I just expressed myself a bit radically)
Jarulf,Mar 7 2006, 10:38 AM Wrote:Well, this is a good reason why one should backup ones char :)

An alternative backup restoring, that I am sure some/many would frown on, would be to simply recreate an identical item through an item creation program.
[right][snapback]103760[/snapback][/right]

Ooops, I guess I forgot about the opportunity to backup:)thank you, Jarulf - all my chars are now twice backuped:)
Kind Knight,Mar 7 2006, 04:31 PM Wrote:I just meant that a bastard sword is much better since you don't have to drink an enormous quantity of elixirs and get many levels to be able to stun:)I just expressed myself a bit radically)

Huh? if your doing Hell/Hell *runs* you should at least be in your mid-30s or so, if not 40ish. Having spent the prerequisite points to max DEX at your starting levels, all other points should have gone into STR, and the runs should have at least given you enough elixirs to cap STR. Am I missing something here?
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
yes once i had a similar problem where i clicked on my friends awesome plate of the stars and the game lagged and it disapeared... i felt incredibly bad about it but atleast he had a backup, 'phew'
Dradkin,Mar 8 2006, 04:27 PM Wrote:yes once i had a similar problem where i clicked on my friends awesome plate of the stars and the game lagged and it disapeared... i felt incredibly bad about it but atleast he had a backup, 'phew'
[right][snapback]103893[/snapback][/right]

- phew - indeed, but don't you think it is strange that your friend carries around a backup of your stuff?
Jane,Mar 8 2006, 05:34 PM Wrote:- phew - indeed, but don't you think it is strange that your friend carries around a backup of your stuff?
[right][snapback]103895[/snapback][/right]

It wasn't his plate:) read carefully:)

By the way, i have found windforce and an obs/zod ring (34/19) and much other nice stuff since that day, so that ksoh is nearly forgotten:D
I hear ya Jarulf. I backup my character and update that backup every so often, I also then send a copy to a trusted best friend just in case.

Jarulf,Mar 7 2006, 09:38 AM Wrote:Well, this is a good reason why one should backup ones char :)

[right][snapback]103760[/snapback][/right]
I had once owned a Royal Circlet with my current character, as well as a handful of other decent/good items. Then some cheap dirty backstabbin bastard online lured me into a pack of enemies in Hell/Nightmare through a tp, and stole EVERYTHIN I had. Most horrifyin experience I've ever had playin a game.. :ph34r:
Gateway: USA East
Sorcerer: Force_11.06.04.
Warrior: ForceLuvsSheFlex
LAW: Force_Nov.06.04.

Luvin my babe forever.. =))
i think i'd trade ksoh for bounty apocs any day, but that might have to do with my thoughts about playing warrior
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
Toverkol,Apr 4 2006, 01:19 PM Wrote:i think i'd trade ksoh for bounty apocs any day, but that might have to do with my thoughts about playing warrior
[right][snapback]106201[/snapback][/right]

Hah, nice, I once accidently duped my windforce...into a full healing potion. Imagine my distress on that one lol. I still prefer my 31 durability thinking cap over anything else though, I'm just so happy about its wonderful durability that i did many many painstaking normal church runs to get. B)
i like my 102 duration dreamflange more, the Hiddens kept picking my cap for duration lowering.
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
Toverkol,Apr 13 2006, 07:52 AM Wrote:i like my 102 duration dreamflange more, the Hiddens kept picking my cap for duration lowering.
[right][snapback]107038[/snapback][/right]

Yah, the 31 durability was after about 7 shrines lol, ah the memories of all immune to everything monsters on level 15, and having died on the steps and lost all my gear having to teleport to the opposite side of the level, make a tp, and fight all the way back with nothing but stone curse and golem; ah the memories :)(eventually got my thinking cap, naj's light plate, dreamflange, and whatever resist all, obsidian? kite shield of the heavens and my whatever rings of the heavens and amulet of the zodiac back, only taking about an hour :))