+25 agility to 2H weapon
Mavfin,Mar 29 2006, 03:03 AM Wrote:I saw Gaunts of MIght, and some other purple stuff on the ctprofile :D
[right][snapback]105748[/snapback][/right]

Gauntlets of Might is the only Tier 1 epic Spangles has. She doesn't use them for farming. The other epics are crafted, or quest objects, or world drops.

She uses Black Dragonscale armor, as per Monkey's suggestion, which provides high AP at the expense of AC and HP. This discussion of tactics and capabilites is irrelevant to those with Tier 1/2 gear.

You don't need Wrath to beat up furblog. But it sure would help.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Your blues are similar to Spangles'. Neither the Kromcrush chest or the Carapace for Chromatic Defiler will drop for her.

She has full Valor but won't wear it. She will replace it with Heroism ASAP but probably won't wear that either, except for the better pieces, mixed in with her current blues and epics.

Valor and Heroism are so incredibly ugly, and they lack focus. These sets are mediocre both for tanking and for DPS.

The Black Dragonscale pieces look smashing, accessorized with a Tuxedo Shirt.

Spangles is a chanter/tailor. All warriors should be engineers, but that's the way it goes.

I'm interested in your experiments with the Chief. Keep in mind the rules of the encounter: no Tier 1/2 equiment, armor or weapons.
Ynir,Mar 28 2006, 11:47 PM Wrote:Your blues are similar to Spangles'. Neither the Kromcrush chest or the Carapace for Chromatic Defiler will drop for her.

She has full Valor but won't wear it. She will replace it with Heroism ASAP but probably won't wear that either, except for the better piece, mixed in with her current blues and epics.

And for the same reasons: Valor and Heroism are so incredibly ugly, and they lack focus. These sets are mediocre both for tanking and for DPS.

I'm interested in your experiments with the Chief. Keep in mind the rules of the encounter: no Tier 1/2 equiment, armor or weapons.
[right][snapback]105763[/snapback][/right]

http://ctprofiles.net/215715

I solo in the 'DPS' profile. Dual Claw > Mala/Claw because of the attack speed proc, although probably mala would do even better than the claw in the offhand.
--Mav
Mavfin,Mar 29 2006, 12:53 AM Wrote:http://ctprofiles.net/215715

I solo in the 'DPS' profile.  Dual Claw > Mala/Claw because of the attack speed proc, although probably mala would do even better than the claw in the offhand.
[right][snapback]105764[/snapback][/right]

You have the left claw!

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate you.

My server has a high number of warriors and I don't play enough (or perhaps in the right guilds?) to get into an Azuregos raid--most of our server's Azu raids occur at random hours and are sort of uber-PuGs that collect whoever is on from the raiding guilds at that moment. I've consoled myself by rerolling on Duskwood as an undead rogue ;).

I'll probably try a variety of gear on Winterfall, first with no lockout gear, then scaling up until I can get success. I'll probably bring some grenades, maybe a few Big Ones (Steamwheedle 4 life, yo!) and/or a minor discombobulator as well.
Monkey,Mar 29 2006, 09:38 AM Wrote:You have the left claw!

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate you.

My server has a high number of warriors and I don't play enough (or perhaps in the right guilds?) to get into an Azuregos raid--most of our server's Azu raids occur at random hours and are sort of uber-PuGs that collect whoever is on from the raiding guilds at that moment. I've consoled myself by rerolling on Duskwood as an undead rogue ;).

I'll probably try a variety of gear on Winterfall, first with no lockout gear, then scaling up until I can get success. I'll probably bring some grenades, maybe a few Big Ones (Steamwheedle 4 life, yo!) and/or a minor discombobulator as well.
[right][snapback]105795[/snapback][/right]

I had the right claw already, and I logged on one day, got dragged into a group for Azuregos. We had about 25 people from Avarice, maybe, and still needed more, and Critical Mass (the raiding guild Skan and others are in) called in the clans and filled out the raid. We took him down, and when the claw came up, Arethor (a CM person and Lurker, also) asked who already had the right, and two of us did, and i won the roll. Critical Mass was very cool about the loot, letting Avarice have about all the purple and blue stuff, and they kited off the greens.

It was a very nice example of 'raid guilds aren't always filled with a-holes'

--Mav
Mavfin,Mar 29 2006, 04:53 AM Wrote:http://ctprofiles.net/215715

Spangles has never seen anyone else use fist weapons, nobody bothers to skill unarmed. She has the Gargoyle shredders and the Vilerend main.

Got Heroism bracers, yay.
Gnollguy,Mar 28 2006, 10:51 PM Wrote:Unless I'm mistaken Spangles doesn't have anything but scholo/strat/ubrs gear.  You have MC/BWL weapons and gear, even if it isn't DPS focused.  8 to 11 dps more per weapon even without talent backing is a big deal.  The mitigation of your armor is much better too.

Gear is huge for warriors.  Even prot warriors with good gear can out DPS non prot warriors that don't have tons of epics.
[right][snapback]105744[/snapback][/right]

I did not have any real problems doing pairs of furbogs in that area with Andar at his current level of 59 (protection speced). While he is keyed for Onyxia and attuned to the Core, he has been to neither as of yet, so has none of that gear. Heck he has not even been to scholo or strat yet either. His ubrs experience is basically one trip to get the blood; where he did fortunately get a Draconian Deflector. But when doing the furbogs he was dual wielding, so that meant he was operating at less than scholo/strat/ubrs gear that you are referring to. My only concern in those fights was if I accidently got four furbogs at once. Even three could be done, but rather difficult.
Ruvanal,Mar 29 2006, 04:50 PM Wrote:I did not have any real problems doing pairs of furbogs in that area with Andar at his current level of 59 (protection speced).  While he is keyed for Onyxia and attuned to the Core, he has been to neither as of yet, so has none of that gear.  Heck he has not even been to scholo or strat yet either.  His ubrs experience is basically one trip to get the blood; where he did fortunately get a Draconian Deflector.  But when doing the furbogs he was dual wielding, so that meant he was operating at less than scholo/strat/ubrs gear that you are referring to.  My only concern in those fights was if I accidently got four furbogs at once.  Even three could be done, but rather difficult.
[right][snapback]105835[/snapback][/right]

That was what I was talking about. Keshi could handle pairs at 60, pre-Ony/MC/BWL...now? She's handled quite a few at once, at least 4 or 5, don't know the limit.

--Mav
The point is not whether warriors can kill furbolg. Some can, some can't.

The point is that killing 10 furbolg any which way is a different problem from dedicating a build to kill 10,000+ as efficiently as possible.

The plan, in essence, is to sacrifice every possible point of HP/AC for AP, +hit, and +crit, and to see if there are exceptions to the Laws of Balance somewhere on the bleeding edge.

Monkey's experiment with Black Dragonscale armor is right to the point. Nobody raids MC/BWL/AQ to gear up for Winterfall Village, however. What you can can accomplish pre-60 in greens is irrelevant also.

Spangles is evolving, optimizing for very specialized conditions in Winterspring. She will continue farming furbolgs after the Wintersaber faction quest is complete, because the money is so good. These experiments constitute a long term investment, until the politics of rep farming change, and destoy the runecloth market.

Will Spangles survive the Chief Winterfall encounter in Heroism armor? News as it happens.