Just to confirm, spirit helps rogues regen energy
Just making sure.
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
GenericKen,Mar 19 2006, 09:53 PM Wrote:Just making sure.
[right][snapback]104938[/snapback][/right]

I'm not aware of any stupid jokes regarding this topic circling around, so I'm just going to assume that it's sincere. No, spirit doesn't help. Rogues regenerate energy at an unchangeable rate of 20 every 2 seconds.
GenericKen,Mar 19 2006, 06:53 PM Wrote:Just making sure.

No, but don't feel bad for asking, I made the assumption that Int would increase my energy when I first started playing in the Open Beta. I must have been the most intelligent level 8 rogue on the server... at least my weapons were trained up!
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Well CRAP, that's a 20 gold soulbound blue ring I wish I hadn't put on.

:(:(:(

Second question: are there any grey items in the game that aren't purely vendor trash? I see some on the auctionhouse, and I wonder if some disenchant well.

GenericKen,Mar 20 2006, 09:29 AM Wrote:Well CRAP, that's a 20 gold soulbound blue ring I wish I hadn't put on.

:(:(:(
Second question: are there any grey items in the game that aren't purely vendor trash? I see some on the auctionhouse, and I wonder if some disenchant well.
[right][snapback]104947[/snapback][/right]

Nope. No grey items can be disenchanted. Some people collect grey 'sets' for the fun of it (for the looks).
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
GenericKen,Mar 20 2006, 05:29 AM Wrote:Second question: are there any grey items in the game that aren't purely vendor trash? I see some on the auctionhouse, and I wonder if some disenchant well.
[right][snapback]104947[/snapback][/right]

Grey items do not disenchant. You can only disenchant items that are green, blue, purple or orange. And not all of those as it is.

The only grey text items that normally should have any game value beyond being sold to a vendor are some that used as turn in items at the Darkmoon Faire.
http://www.goblinworkshop.com/darkmoon-faire.html
The animal parts section for ticket hand ins. Consisting of Small Furry Paw, Torn Bear Pelt, Soft Bushy Tail, Vibrant Plumes, Evil Bat Eyes and Glowing Scorpid Blood.

There is also a small market for some of the grey text armor sets. This is for the players that like to collect the sets to wear as a fashion look (role playing stuff).
GenericKen,Mar 20 2006, 02:53 AM Wrote:Just making sure.

It's funny you should say that , i was online with my little 46 rogue and I often inspect 60 rogues . Two days ago I inspected a NE rogue and was extremely suprised at his gear , I would go so far as saying mine was better . On practically every piece of equipment , spirit was his highest stat , I wanted to ask why but did'nt want the usual name calling , along with the inevitable "n00b" :D
Take care
The only thing that actually modifies Rogue regen rate in the game is Adrenaline Rush, the 31 point talent.

Vaelestrasz' debuff gives you 50 energy every second, it's split seperate from your normal regen. Relentless Strikes also helps you get some extra energy, but it's a proc, not part of regen rate.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Raven Vale,Mar 20 2006, 04:53 AM Wrote:It's funny you should say that , i was online with my little 46 rogue and I often inspect 60 rogues . Two days ago I inspected a NE rogue and was extremely suprised at his gear , I would go so far as saying mine was better . On practically every piece of equipment , spirit was his highest stat , I wanted to ask why but did'nt want the usual name calling , along with the inevitable "n00b" :D
[right][snapback]104950[/snapback][/right]

Maybe a PvE high regen build? No downtime between mobs? It would seem that the damage avoidance and shorter fight time of a proper rogue build would be better than any benefit from the spirit. Maybe he uses Wardrobe to switch between gear sets as he goes in and out of combat.
mutagen,Mar 22 2006, 08:33 PM Wrote:Maybe a PvE high regen build? No downtime between mobs? It would seem that the damage avoidance and shorter fight time of a proper rogue build would be better than any benefit from the spirit. Maybe he uses Wardrobe to switch between gear sets as he goes in and out of combat.
[right][snapback]105176[/snapback][/right]

Or you could always just bandage every 2 fight. :rolleyes:

GenericKen,Mar 23 2006, 02:20 PM Wrote:Or you could always just bandage every 2 fight.  :rolleyes:

Bandage? Reroll undead imho. Cannibalize ftw.
MongoJerry,Mar 23 2006, 10:50 PM Wrote:Bandage?  Reroll undead imho.  Cannibalize ftw.
[right][snapback]105307[/snapback][/right]

Definitely. I didn't realize how awesome Cannibalize was until I started playing an undead warlock. Life Tap + Cannibalize = No Downtime. I've started using it more on my mage--it's even useful in raids, on occasion. (Eating Majordomo's minions mid-fight, or the humanoids in the Suppression Room in BWL.)
Bob the Beholder,Mar 23 2006, 11:30 PM Wrote:Definitely.  I didn't realize how awesome Cannibalize was until I started playing an undead warlock.  Life Tap + Cannibalize = No Downtime.  I've started using it more on my mage--it's even useful in raids, on occasion.  (Eating Majordomo's minions mid-fight, or the humanoids in the Suppression Room in BWL.)

I even find it helpful as a priest -- specifically as a shadowform priest -- when farming. No need to break out of shadowform and spend the mana to cast a heal and get back into shadowform again. Just cannibalize (and maybe drink a little) and go!

If I ever become a chinese farmer (and shoot me if that ever happens), rolling undead would definitely be the way I would go if I were to use a rogue. The gold one could make by selling all that extra runecloth would definitely add up over time. Of course, I would probably use a hunter if I were to become a chinese farmer, but that's another discussion.