Downed Ragnaros at last :)
Topic kind of says it all:

After quite a few failed attempts on the big fire-thingie, Beyond Oblivion, Dwarfcutters and The Beastro have FINALLY taken down Ragnaros the Firelord!

w00h00, the feeling is great :D

So, I am spreading my happiness to all of you people and wish you success and joy in all your RL and WoW endeavours.

Btw, we got him to 28% before sons, not bad for a first kill I guess :)

take care
NuurAbSaal
a.k.a Tarabulus, (current) Leader of The Beastro, Twilight's Hammer, EU
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
NuurAbSaal,Mar 21 2006, 11:35 PM Wrote:w00h00, the feeling is great :D

There's nothing quite like seeing that hammer spin down into the lava for the first time, finally making sense of all those screenshots you've seen of the dead ragnaros ;-)

Congrats!

BWL is more fun. :)
You don't know what you're talking about.
Congrats!
Gratz!
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Huzzah!
~Not all who wander are lost...~
thanks guys, I still have a happy feeling today :)

some links, more might follow (hope I don't bore all you imba raiders with "yet another" Ragnaros thred ;)

our warrior Smooglab at the sons spawn

TS recording of the end of the fight :D

last sentence is me, we just got the next 20 seconds to sons warning from CTraid :blush:

now, let's see how we do against Razorgore, only try so far yieldeda horrbile wipe at 10 eggs left.
/crai :)

take care
NuurAbSaal/Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
NuurAbSaal,Mar 22 2006, 06:56 AM Wrote:thanks guys, I still have a happy feeling today :)

some links, more might follow (hope I don't bore all you imba raiders with "yet another" Ragnaros thred ;)

[right][snapback]105100[/snapback][/right]

I still get giddy every time we face and defeat Ragnaros. :)
28% before Sons is phenomenal. Our best so far is 21%.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Mar 22 2006, 08:47 AM Wrote:28% before Sons is phenomenal.  Our best so far is 21%.
[right][snapback]105112[/snapback][/right]

That's about our best, too. Depends on how much DPS we have. I think another night, with less DPS in the raid, it was only 30% at sons, but that was plenty to finish him after. That was also the night we took 3:45 to clear MC, rather than 3-3:15. Just had a bit less DPS that night, so it took a hair longer to burn stuff down, but we had a bit more healing to keep everyone up that little bit longer. Just shows how the healing/DPS balance is.

--Mav
NuurAbSaal,Mar 22 2006, 01:56 PM Wrote:some links, more might follow
[right][snapback]105100[/snapback][/right]

I give you: EDIT: new and fixed movie link

have seen it yet in the meantime ;), Soosisti put up the following warning at our forum:
"There are #$%& and nudity on this movie. "
/EDIT

you have been warned ;)

btw, link to our forum (NOT advertising :ph34r: )
The Beastro Forum

We are already making jokes about killing him before sons the next time :)

take care
Tarabulus

I'll remember you.
Big grats to ya! I have yet to see him or Onyxia fall :( Once they do, I can cancel my account in peace :D
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
quick note about the movie: The raider list is wrong, Soos accidentally put up the list of the Onyxia raid we did after Ragnaros (where Deathbringer dropped :))

we had more dps and less healers in the Ragnaros fight.

take care
Tarabulus

P.S.: If you like funny WoW movies, check out Twill for the Kill By Soosisti, found in our off-topic forum :)

EDIT: new and fixed movie link /EDIT

I'll remember you.
We're shooting for killing Rag before the sons spawn -- hopefully soon. Our best pre-sons so far is 13%. Not too shabby when considering we just started MC in late October, didn't get the Domo encounter down until December & Rag in late January.

Big grats to you guys, there's nothing quite like the thrill of the first time, but it's one of the few fights in MC that I truly still enjoy, watching the summoning animation makes me go "whoa" still.
Congratulations! Besting Ragnaros is a major milestone for any guild.
I call farm status! :D

killed him again, 30% or 31% at sons, 7 deaths total, healers with 44% mana after kill.

also, shrunk for fun this time!
Rags and Ony in cute mode (largish images)

Man, this feels great, the fact that I got my Quel and Helm of Wrath from Onyxia right after Ragnaros is the icing on the cake :).

take care
NuurAbSaal/Tarabulus

I'll remember you.