Noobish Questions (updated frequently)
Does moving during combat change your combat stats?
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
GenericKen,Apr 22 2006, 12:07 AM Wrote:Does moving during combat change your combat stats?
[right][snapback]108034[/snapback][/right]

No.
Ok, so this is probably very common knowledge, but what is the purpose of cliff diving?

-A
Ashock,Apr 24 2006, 09:06 AM Wrote:Ok, so this is probably very common knowledge, but what is the purpose of cliff diving?
-A
[right][snapback]108101[/snapback][/right]

FUN! :D
castille,Apr 24 2006, 07:11 AM Wrote:FUN! :D
[right][snapback]108102[/snapback][/right]

Oh, heh. Alrighty then :D

-A
Ashock,Apr 24 2006, 11:20 AM Wrote:Oh, heh. Alrighty then  :D
-A
[right][snapback]108106[/snapback][/right]

The instant I hit level 40 and got "Safe Fall" on my rogue, I started cliff diving off random places trying to survive :)

My favorite is still the Twin Collossals, as if you hit those right you land in water (from two different directions), making you safe :)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 24 2006, 12:05 PM Wrote:My favorite is still the Twin Collossals, as if you hit those right you land in water (from two different directions), making you safe :)
[right][snapback]108111[/snapback][/right]

My favorite was back in the beta when Levitate would stay on you even after you mounted. I'd Levitate, mount up, and then charge and jump off the tall mountain in the center of the Blasted Lands and land a minute later more than half-way across the map.

I gather that you can still do this with Noggenfoggers. I'll have to try that.
So what classes are the most fun to play?

My rogue is now 51, and in 1 level, she'll pretty much have her DPS maxed until lvl 60 poisons and raid equipment, and she hasn't really gotten a new skill since lvl 26.

I like having DPS, but I think I'd like a bit of variety as well. Having groups want me would be nice.

GenericKen,Apr 30 2006, 06:25 AM Wrote:I like having DPS, but I think I'd like a bit of variety as well. Having groups want me would be nice.

There is a trade off. You have to decide if you want maximize your freedom of play or your usefulness to others.

Having both a "fun" rogue and a "serious business" raiding priest, I get flooded with tells offering spots on instance groups the moment I log on with my priestess, while I almost never get those with my rogue (I think I got three(!!) instance offers from strangers over the course of my entire rogue life; on my priestess I sometimes get three grouping offers before even the client has finished loading).
Getting into a raidiing guild as a rogue is probably next to impossible unless you have friends at the officers ranks there, or you get recommendend by someone already in the guild. Every mediocre priest usally gets a raiding slot, as a rogue you have to prove you are one of the best to be even considered.

It's simply a matter of suply and demand. Too many rogues and too few priests.

On the other hand: There is no class that has to endure so much "restrictions" regarding expected talent specs and has so purely raid oriented gear improvements as the priest, while rouges can usally be specced anyway they want, and can put their earned gear to good use not only in raids, but also in PvP and farming activity. Rogues and Priests are the extreme sides of the playing experience spectrum.

If you have raiding ambitions, but don't want to loose solo and PvP vialbility I would highly recommend a mage. Still a very "raidable" class with good chances to join a raiding guild, while retaining much of his solo and PvP efficiency.
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.
You may want to consider a warrior, as well, since you're already so well acquainted with the melee combat style. A warrior can output some serious DPS, and is still needed for raids for tanking. It depends on your server, though. Mine's so clogged with warriors I wouldn't roll one on there if thirteen separate people begged me to.

I honestly don't know what classes you've tried, what you are willing to play, etc.. But I would also suggest a warlock. My only current 60 is a mage, but I have a warlock at level 55 right now, and I think the class has a lot of potential for a good player. Less squishy than a mage, still good DPS, and the versatility of several different pets with several different uses.
I'd agree with the Warlock as a decent choice. It's a rare class and unlike the healers wants much the same equipment on raids as for solo work.

It does vary a lot from server to server though. Might want to check your realm forums or ask in game raiding guild members for what they are looking for. But if you like your Rogue, keep at it - you never know until you try and because many Rogues are farmers the competition for raiding slots might not be as big as you think.
Warlock,Apr 30 2006, 03:08 AM Wrote:I'd agree with the Warlock as a decent choice. It's a rare class and unlike the healers wants much the same equipment on raids as for solo work.

It does vary a lot from server to server though. Might want to check your realm forums or ask in game raiding guild members for what they are looking for. But if you like your Rogue, keep at it - you never know until you try and because many Rogues are farmers the competition for raiding slots might not be as big as you think.
[right][snapback]108572[/snapback][/right]

Warlocks are a very fun class, but getting groups can be difficult. They're rare enough that people generally aren't aware of their capabilities unless they themselves have played one. Often, you end up competing with rogues and hunters for that 5th DPS slot.

Getting into a raidforce as one can be hit or miss. There's always a shortage of Warlocks, but then no one really needs a ton of them.

Priests definately win when it comes to getting PUGs, but my experience with raid healers has always been that they're obnoxiously reliable players. My guild's had the same druids, priests, and paladins for six months, but in the same time we've gone through half a dozen warriors and a handful of rogues and mages.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Apr 30 2006, 04:55 PM Wrote:Priests definately win when it comes to getting PUGs, but my experience with raid healers has always been that they're obnoxiously reliable players. My guild's had the same druids, priests, and paladins for six months, but in the same time we've gone through half a dozen warriors and a handful of rogues and mages.
[right][snapback]108582[/snapback][/right]

Hehe, I never knew that but yeah that does sound like me.. :unsure:
http://ctprofiles.net/24532 <-- Bhak lvl 60 Priest
What would be a good lvl 19 twinked WSG class?

GenericKen,May 8 2006, 09:42 AM Wrote:What would be a good lvl 19 twinked WSG class?
[right][snapback]109187[/snapback][/right]
Any of them really. But for the pure killing machine thing, you can't go past a tweaked out rogue or hunter. I'm also really enjoying my 19 shaman at the moment. (Probably because he's so shiny and new. He still has that great "new toon" smell.) The good thing is that you can level a toon to 18-19 so quickly you can try them all to see which one you like the most. :)

This is my first tweak character, and I must say I'm enjoying it. The only real problem is thinking of things to do while you're waiting in the queue. :P
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
GenericKen,May 7 2006, 06:42 PM Wrote:What would be a good lvl 19 twinked WSG class?

I've recently played a rogue and a shaman a fair bit in WSG, and I think you'll want to go with a hunter. You'll get a ranged slow, a pet that does similar damage to many of the lower players in the game (your pet will destroy any 14s, etc.), and you get long range damage to kill flag carriers even when you can't catch them.

Edit: Plus, if you're alliance-favoring, you can go NE and get shadowmeld and a stealthed cat.
Monkey,May 8 2006, 04:04 AM Wrote:I've recently played a rogue and a shaman a fair bit in WSG, and I think you'll want to go with a hunter. You'll get a ranged slow, a pet that does similar damage to many of the lower players in the game (your pet will destroy any 14s, etc.), and you get long range damage to kill flag carriers even when you can't catch them.

Edit: Plus, if you're alliance-favoring, you can go NE and get shadowmeld and a stealthed cat.
[right][snapback]109212[/snapback][/right]

So, does anyone know what the deal is with WSG in the 50-59 bracket? I usually used to have to wait for a game for about 15-20 min before I hit lvl 50, but now in the 50-59 bracket it takes hours. A good example is yesterday when I stayed in the que for 3.5 hours until I went to bed and still never got in. 1/2 of the games I have been able to get into since hitting 50 ended early due to there not being enough ppl in the game.... Is it that at those lvls most people want to go to AV and ignore WSG? Will it be better at lvl 60, since there is a separate bracket for those? I was thinking to getting to revered before hitting lvl 55-56 (as I got to frinedly at like lvl 46) or so, but it looks that it will be close to impossible at that pace with almost no games out there...

-A
GenericKen,May 7 2006, 03:42 PM Wrote:What would be a good lvl 19 twinked WSG class?

Priests are pretty powerful at that stage. They can heal right through all that damage that rogues and hunters think they can do, while the hunters and rogues sit there with dot's ticking their lives away. Also, fewer classes have all the anti-fear abilities they have later. In particular, warriors don't have their anti-fear abilities, so even though you can only fear two people, it tends to be even more effective at these early levels.
Ashock,May 9 2006, 01:48 AM Wrote:So, does anyone know what the deal is with WSG in the 50-59 bracket?
[right][snapback]109222[/snapback][/right]
I can't talk for your server, but on Stormscale PvP moves to AB after the 20-29 bracket, and then AV at the 50-59 bracket. The rep rewards from AV are just too tempting for many people, particularly for melee toons. (I guess the rep rewards from AB are pretty tempting for caster classes as well.)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,May 8 2006, 04:37 PM Wrote:I can't talk for your server, but on Stormscale PvP moves to AB after the 20-29 bracket, and then AV at the 50-59 bracket. The rep rewards from AV are just too tempting for many people, particularly for melee toons. (I guess the rep rewards from AB are pretty tempting for caster classes as well.)
[right][snapback]109269[/snapback][/right]

I would imagine that a lot of people also see the level 60 prize just in reach and decide to power up through those levels to get there. There's also a lot of instances in that range where you can start getting good loot, so people might skip the battleground grind and PvE a bit.