Death For Child Molesters?
Doc,Mar 25 2006, 12:57 AM Wrote:Naw, I just love Shadow. She's a battle axe. :wub: And I admire her wit and wisdom. I don't hold it against her that she is from Canuckistan.
[right][snapback]105437[/snapback][/right]

Huh? Do you even read before you answer? I pretty clever never said I thought you felt ill towards her.
To the poster known as "Doc":

Given your obvious recruitment message, I'm turning you in to the authorities.

Maybe you won't get much jail time (depends on what they find or plant when they tear your place apart and take all your stuff)...

...but at least you'll get put on The List where you belong.

It's for your own good as well as everyone else's.

I'm hoping you get extra time for your repeated, unrepentant necrobestiaphilia.

*sigh* ... Those poor dead horses have enough problems without dirty old men accosting them.

Vandiablo,Mar 25 2006, 03:16 PM Wrote:*sigh* ... Those poor dead horses have enough problems without dirty old men accosting them.
[right][snapback]105469[/snapback][/right]
That, my dear sir, was a nasty visual.

Occhi --
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
How about we hang people for advocating the death penalty (which is, after all, incitement to murder)? This argument will then eventually resolve itself.
Flymo,Mar 25 2006, 05:32 PM Wrote:How about we hang people for advocating the death penalty (which is, after all, incitement to murder)?  This argument will then eventually resolve itself.
[right][snapback]105473[/snapback][/right]

You just advocated the death penalty your self. I'll go get your rope.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
MongoJerry,Mar 25 2006, 12:40 AM Wrote:I'm a Christian.  I believe that none of us deserve to live, but by the grace of God we have all been shown mercy by the Creator.  We are asked in turn to show mercy to those who may not deserve it as well.
[right][snapback]105421[/snapback][/right]
If only all christians and worshippers of other religions would think the same as you do.

Doc, most of the time I agree with you, but on this one your behaving as someone with the emotions of an hysterical housewife.

It is so easy to say that some people should die. Actually when you think about it, I can give you a list of people that don't deserve to live, on one of which probably most of us will also be.

Two points: 1 it is just some theoretical discussion. A completely proven case almost does not exist, and we all know that many governments among which yours, doesn't even need a fully proven case, but settle for (a lot) less....and also doesnot have many problems with sentencing to death retards.
Death penalty would be an option when there would be a perfectly working justice system....but since those don't exist...don't go there.

2; politics play a to important role here. Some governments just use death penalty to get rid of political oponents. The same as accusing someone of terrorism is a great way to get rid of somebody. People demonstrating in Belarus are now considered as terrorist....and are so indeed put on the same level as Al Qaeda members......while their only "crime" is demonstrating against a dictator.

I can understand your emotions but I think it is better to use your sense of justice in other ways than advocating death penalty. Death penaltys are something for totalitarian states, and I consider myself lucky, we don't have it where I come from.
eppie,Mar 26 2006, 07:06 AM Wrote:Death penaltys are something for totalitarian states.
[right][snapback]105489[/snapback][/right]
That is a false statement, eppie.

"That word does not mean what you think it means."

That fact that the NL doesn't have it, and that the NL is not (yet) a totalitarian state, does not support the reverse statements as true.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
eppie,Mar 26 2006, 08:06 AM Wrote:If only all christians and worshippers of other religions would think the same as you do.

Doc, most of the time I agree with you, but on this one your behaving as someone with the emotions of an hysterical housewife.

It is so easy to say that some people should die. Actually when you think about it, I can give you a list of people that don't deserve to live, on one of which probably most of us will also be.

Two points: 1 it is just some theoretical discussion. A completely proven case almost does not exist, and we all know that many governments among which yours, doesn't even need a fully proven case, but settle for (a lot) less....and also doesnot have many problems with sentencing to death retards.
Death penalty would be an option when there would be a perfectly working justice system....but since those don't exist...don't go there.

2; politics play a to important role here. Some governments just use death penalty to get rid of political oponents. The same as accusing someone of terrorism is a great way to get rid of somebody. People demonstrating in Belarus are now considered as terrorist....and are so indeed put on the same level as Al Qaeda members......while their only "crime" is demonstrating against a dictator.
I can understand your emotions but I think it is better to use your sense of justice in other ways than advocating death penalty. Death penaltys are something for totalitarian states, and I consider myself lucky, we don't have it where I come from.
[right][snapback]105489[/snapback][/right]

No. You do not understand my emotions on this subject, and I doubt you ever will.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Flymo,Mar 25 2006, 04:32 PM Wrote:How about we hang people for advocating the death penalty (which is, after all, incitement to murder)?  This argument will then eventually resolve itself.
[right][snapback]105473[/snapback][/right]
Heck, why not go all the way and shut down all Internet discussion forums? If you want to limit free speech, don't go by half measures. :P

Limiting discussion is hardly useful. Wait, limiting intelligent and incisive discussion is counterproductive. Some discussions "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 26 2006, 01:58 PM Wrote:Heck, why not go all the way and shut down all Internet discussion forums?  If you want to limit free speech, don't go by half measures.  :P

Limiting discussion is hardly useful.  Wait, limiting intelligent and incisive discussion is counterproductive.  Some discussions "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Occhi
[right][snapback]105512[/snapback][/right]

Ironically, what was the "tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury?"

Life.

-Jester
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/sou...0,3787708.story

I wonder what would have happend to a male teacher that had sex with a 14 year old student? I'll stop being cute: he would have been burned at the stake. A female does it though, and they drop all the charges?

The sex offender laws are applied so randomly and unfairly that any attempt to base a death penalty punishment upon such a foundation would render the penalty itself a mockery of equal protection under the law.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
But aren't all men neanderthal, predatory, monsters? Of course we should be burned at the stake.

[/sarcasm]

Women have been portrayed as the victim for so long, especially in matters of sex, that it's almost forgiveable for society to not see them as anything else.

Besides, how many of you men out there had a crush on one of your female teachers? Would you be saying "You sick predatory woman" or "All Right!" if any of your desires had been made more than just fantasies?
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Occhidiangela,Mar 26 2006, 04:51 PM Wrote:That is a false statement, eppie. 

"That word does not mean what you think it means."

That fact that the NL doesn't have it, and that the NL is not (yet) a totalitarian state, does not support the reverse statements as true. 

Occhi
[right][snapback]105498[/snapback][/right]

I should have started that sentence with "I find that".
Doc,Mar 26 2006, 04:53 PM Wrote:No. You do not understand my emotions on this subject, and I doubt you ever will.
[right][snapback]105499[/snapback][/right]

Worse things happen to people everywhere and always (I also had my share).

The point I'm trying to make is to don't let emotions rule your opinions. Because in general this means trouble. (worse even when the emotions of a large group of people are used to force certain issues).

Another important thing in this discussion is the reason to give these people death penalty. Is it because of revenge or to make society safer?.
To make society safer there are several other things that could be done that would make more sense and would prevent the deeds of these molesters in a lot better way.

I mean I am almost sure that things like incest happen thousands of times more than just those cases we hear of. Wouldn't it be better to work on ways to prevent this behaviour by letting people talk to councelers and "check" on familys more often.
Or is this something that is against the freedom of the people?.
I'm against the death penalty more of a general thing, But such people should get life imprisonment at least and never, ever be let out to repeat their crimes.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Crusader,Mar 27 2006, 07:56 AM Wrote:I'm against the death penalty more of a general thing, But such people should get life imprisonment at least and never, ever be let out to repeat their crimes.
[right][snapback]105540[/snapback][/right]

Indeed, and for this reason it is more important to have a justice system that works accurate, and treats all people equal.

Filling up your prisons with people that (like doc stated) have to serve 10 years in prison for the posession of an ounce of marihuana is for sure not the way to go.
eppie,Mar 27 2006, 03:22 AM Wrote:Filling up your prisons with people that (like doc stated) have to serve 10 years in prison for the posession of an ounce of marihuana is for sure not the way to go.
[right][snapback]105543[/snapback][/right]
On that we can agree. :)

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
10 years for having a wee bit of softdrugs? Harsh. If yer dealing the stuff en masse you get yer head chopped off too by your local inquisition? :rolleyes:
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Evil Double Post, I Have Been Attacked By a Vigilante :(

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Crusader,Mar 27 2006, 06:52 AM Wrote:If yer dealing the stuff en masse you get yer head chopped off too by your local inquisition?  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]105546[/snapback][/right]
In a just world, yes. And while we are at it, chop off the heads of the accomplices who are enablers: the bankers who launder the illicit drug money.

While we are in a Progressive mode of enforcing public virtue, decriminalize pot (so it isn't as big of a crime) and for minor infractions, impose fines rather than prison terms, and bring back the chain gang.

Why the change? Why not? Any law is what "we" decide it is. "We" make it up. Never change a winning game plan, always change a losing game plan. The War On Drugs' game plan is a dismal failure.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete