T0/Dungeon 1/Blue sets in 1.10
Having attempted to collect an entire T0 set before the patch, I wound up with everything but my bracers--sigh. There appears to be an assumption that the locations of some or all the items have changed (along with drop chances and BoE/BoP status). Were these changes in place on the PTR? Are the new locatons known?

-- frink
The only thing I remember is that the shaman boots moved from Urok to Omokk and all
bracers
belts
and gloves
are now BoE items... these are the first three needed for the Dungeon 2 upgrades and the quests that are soloable.

Locations of normal stuff didn't change. But odd bosses like Urok and Postmaster drops were moved. Not sure on Kirtonos dropping Valor.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Mar 28 2006, 08:15 AM Wrote:The only thing I remember is that the shaman boots moved from Urok to Omokk and all
bracers
belts
and gloves
are now BoE items... these are the first three needed for the Dungeon 2 upgrades and the quests that are soloable.

Locations of normal stuff didn't change.  But odd bosses like Urok and Postmaster drops were moved.  Not sure on Kirtonos dropping Valor.
[right][snapback]105656[/snapback][/right]

Hrm. Devout bracers were already BoE, just so rare as to be unattainable (the only unbound ones on my server I could locate were in the possession of an unusually honest guild-bank), and presumably they'll be even less common with a quest npc running around asking for them... and I imagine there will be at least some demand for people to re-collect the lost devout pieces for completeness or to reobtain the full set bonus until they've finished virtuous. Hopefully the improved drop rate and increased mob sets promised in the patch notes are substantial!

-- frink
I'm still hoping that the only set piece for any class that came out of BRD, the lightforge gauntlets, get moved to something else. Putting paladin gear on the emperor and shaman gear on Urok was stupid.

The boots on Kirtonis don't matter. You do the quest line, getting more blood is simple, he is farmable in my book. Much more farmable than the emperor in BRD ever was. I've seen 10 mans wipe in the lyceum because of someone not paying attention or a silly lag spike and I wouldn't trust any PuG to get through there, ever.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Mar 28 2006, 09:08 AM Wrote:Much more farmable than the emperor in BRD ever was.  I've seen 10 mans wipe in the lyceum because of someone not paying attention or a silly lag spike and I wouldn't trust any PuG to get through there, ever.
[right][snapback]105662[/snapback][/right]

Well, with the extra gold reward for questing at 60 and the overmanned-instance removal, I'm planning on pugging my way though as many quests as possible--we'll see how it goes.

-- frink
Gnollguy,Mar 28 2006, 10:08 AM Wrote:I'm still hoping that the only set piece for any class that came out of BRD, the lightforge gauntlets, get moved to something else.  Putting paladin gear on the emperor and shaman gear on Urok was stupid.

Lightforge gauntlets were also listed as being moved. Where to, I do not know.
Gnollguy,Mar 28 2006, 10:08 AM Wrote:The boots on Kirtonis don't matter.  You do the quest line, getting more blood is simple, he is farmable in my book.  Much more farmable than the emperor in BRD ever was.  I've seen 10 mans wipe in the lyceum because of someone not paying attention or a silly lag spike and I wouldn't trust any PuG to get through there, ever.

He's especially farmable without ever doing the quest if you kill the succubus in the library. She will always drop blood of innocents thus allowing anyone to take down Kirtonis if they kill her.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Mar 28 2006, 01:54 PM Wrote:He's especially farmable without ever doing the quest if you kill the succubus in the library.  She will always drop blood of innocents thus allowing anyone to take down Kirtonis if they kill her.
[right][snapback]105678[/snapback][/right]

Ah I thought she only dropped blood for people that had done the quest line.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Mar 28 2006, 03:03 PM Wrote:Ah I thought she only dropped blood for people that had done the quest line.

I thought she only dropped the blood for those who had done the quest, too.
Gnollguy,Mar 28 2006, 03:03 PM Wrote:Ah I thought she only dropped blood for people that had done the quest line.
[right][snapback]105700[/snapback][/right]
A couple months back, we killed her for that reason (to farm Kirtanos) with none of us completing that line. She wasn't lootable by anyone in the party. I'm with GG on this one, or it has changed very recently, or it isn't a 100% drop chance. Harder to test now, as most of us in the guild have completed the line.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Mar 29 2006, 12:24 AM Wrote:A couple months back, we killed her for that reason (to farm Kirtanos) with none of us completing that line.  She wasn't lootable by anyone in the party.  I'm with GG on this one, or it has changed very recently, or it isn't a 100% drop chance.  Harder to test now, as most of us in the guild have completed the line.
[right][snapback]105703[/snapback][/right]
From my recent experience: people who have completed the quest line can loot the blood from the succubus. People, who haven't, do not see the blood when looting the succubus. In addition people who have completed the quest line can loot the blood of innocents from either Krastinov, or from one of the Barovs.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
So.. What I'm wondering now is.. Who knows where all the new drops are at now? What has changed and what hasn't? Because to be honest, I'm lost! :D
http://ctprofiles.net/24532 <-- Bhak lvl 60 Priest
Yurup,Mar 29 2006, 11:25 PM Wrote:So.. What I'm wondering now is.. Who knows where all the new drops are at now? What has changed and what hasn't? Because to be honest, I'm lost! :D
[right][snapback]105863[/snapback][/right]

One of our allied guild members reported seeing Valor Gauntlets drop in Undead Strat still. He wasn't terribly clear where.

Allakhazam has some data, indicating that the BoE version of the Devout Gloves still drop from the Archivist. Also, that the Devout Bracers still drop from Thuzadin Shadowcasters in Strat. It's probably a good place to check data, as they wiped the previous drops since they knew things would be moving.

Magister's boots on Hearthsinger Forresten. Shaman boots on Omokk now.
Valor Belt Apparently comes from Aboms in the slaughterhouse in strat dead.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Concillian,Mar 30 2006, 08:07 AM Wrote:Valor Belt Apparently comes from Aboms in the slaughterhouse in strat dead.
[right][snapback]105869[/snapback][/right]

Confirmed; had one drop from them last night.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Mar 30 2006, 08:08 AM Wrote:Confirmed; had one drop from them last night.
[right][snapback]105876[/snapback][/right]

Doubly confirmed. Just got one as well.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Mar 30 2006, 09:00 PM Wrote:Doubly confirmed.&nbsp; Just got one as well.
[right][snapback]105901[/snapback][/right]

I got one from lbrs yesterday, seemed a random drop.
Gnollguy,Mar 28 2006, 09:08 AM Wrote:I'm still hoping that the only set piece for any class that came out of BRD, the lightforge gauntlets, get moved to something else.&nbsp; Putting paladin gear on the emperor and shaman gear on Urok was stupid.

Lightforge Gauntlets dropped from Timmy the Cruel lastnight for us.
Concillian,Apr 1 2006, 02:04 PM Wrote:Lightforge Gauntlets dropped from Timmy the Cruel lastnight for us.
[right][snapback]106023[/snapback][/right]

Timmy is indeed where they're dropping now.
Got a Lightforge Belt and Wildheart Bracers within a couple pulls of each other on the Baron side of Strat last night; all were from trash mobs.
See you in Town,
-Z