85-128 3.2 speed
(33.3 DPS)
+4 agility
+1% hit

Simone's Cultivating Hammer
One Hand Mace
+6 Intellect
+37 Healing
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Anybody seen the druid class quest?
oldmandennis,Mar 29 2006, 02:13 PM Wrote:Anybody seen the druid class quest?
[right][snapback]105843[/snapback][/right]
Got it from a druid trainer in TB. You can also pick it up from the NPC at the bottom of the ramp in ungoro. I couldn't finish it so I don't know if it has multiple steps but the first one was just a reward of 2 major healing potions and definantly not worth the trouble.
Sir_Die_alot,Mar 30 2006, 08:44 AM Wrote:Got it from a druid trainer in TB. You can also pick it up from the NPC at the bottom of the ramp in ungoro. I couldn't finish it so I don't know if it has multiple steps but the first one was just a reward of 2 major healing potions and definantly not worth the trouble.
[right][snapback]105874[/snapback][/right]

I finished all but the final quest yesterday. Final quest is A Better Ingredient

Rewards are:
Grizzled Pelt -> Feral Chest
Forest's Embrace -> Healer Chest
Moonshadow Stave -> Caster Staff

Will grab the Forest's Embrace when I can, as chestpiece is my worst piece of gear right now :P
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Mar 30 2006, 05:07 PM Wrote:I finished all but the final quest yesterday.  Final quest is A Better Ingredient

Rewards are:
Grizzled Pelt -> Feral Chest
Forest's Embrace -> Healer Chest
Moonshadow Stave -> Caster Staff

Will grab the Forest's Embrace when I can, as chestpiece is my worst piece of gear right now :P
[right][snapback]105906[/snapback][/right]

And I was just about to give up doing the basement of ST with Rathorela. At least it should be easier to get a group to go there now, at least for a while. Now I just have to pick between the rewards ...
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Bun-Bun,Mar 31 2006, 10: Wrote:And I was just about to give up doing the basement of ST with Rathorela. At least it should be easier to get a group to go there now, at least for a while. Now I just have to pick between the rewards ...
[right][snapback]105914[/snapback][/right]

Those rewards are a little disappointing. Level appropriate items with nice stat distribution, but nothing with unique abilities. I'd hoped for a choice of relics.
Warlock,Mar 30 2006, 06:34 PM Wrote:Those rewards are a little disappointing. Level appropriate items with nice stat distribution, but nothing with unique abilities. I'd hoped for a choice of relics.
[right][snapback]105917[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, every other class at least gets a choice of something that's truly unique. (Duskbat Drape!). However, since I really need an upgrade in that one slot, it just happens to work out for me.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
There's also a new quest in Winterspring to kill ice giants in Frostwhisper Gorge. I'll be checking it out further after work tonight.
See you in Town,
-Z
Yes, I got that quest from Everlook yesterday. You need to gather 10 frosty splinters (my own translation from the german name). The quest told me to either slay frost giants (ariound 60 elite in level) or gather the splinters myself in the area the giants are in. I wanted to do it the peaceful way, but I did not find anything I could gather in that gorge or around it. There are crystal nodes to be found in that area, but I could not do anything with them.
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
jhartelt,Mar 31 2006, 11:26 AM Wrote:Yes, I got that quest from Everlook yesterday. You need to gather 10 frosty splinters (my own translation from the german name). The quest told me to either slay frost giants (ariound 60 elite in level)  or gather the splinters myself in the area the giants are in. I wanted to do it the peaceful way, but I did not find anything I could gather in that gorge or around it. There are crystal nodes to be found in that area, but I could not do anything with them.
[right][snapback]105952[/snapback][/right]

Just so you know, it's not a new quest - the Witch Doctor has been moved from Orgrimmar faction to Everlook faction, enabling the alliance to do the quest and grind for E'kos as well as horde ;-)

The crystals have lots of spawn points all round frostwhisper gorge and the south of winterspring before you get to darkwhisper gorge, including at the back over the bridge; that might be why you don't find many to collect if someone else has been there recently, as they have a longer-than-normal respawn time.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Mar 31 2006, 05:53 AM Wrote:Just so you know, it's not a new quest - the Witch Doctor has been moved from Orgrimmar faction to Everlook faction, enabling the alliance to do the quest and grind for E'kos as well as horde ;-)[right][snapback]105955[/snapback][/right]

Ah, thank you. You can tell how versed I am in the high-level Horde quests.

One might ask why they didn't do this back when the Tranquil Yeti was the hot topic in Everlook. There were complaints that only the Horde could gather the E'ko and thus it was unfair to Alliance characters. Blizzard's response was to remove the E'ko material from the schematic.

...and now they give you a way to farm it anyway?

What use is there for the E'ko after doing the quest?
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Mar 31 2006, 12:49 PM Wrote:What use is there for the E'ko after doing the quest?
[right][snapback]105956[/snapback][/right]

There are seven different buff items you can get from turning in the E'kos from different mobs to the witch doctor.

Thottbot's list of quests

Most of them aren't really worth it, and I've no idea how well they stack with other similar buffs; the +str and +AP ones are ok, but I don't really yet see myself going out of my way to farm for +15 frost resist for 10 minutes, or an increased chance to dodge for 10 seconds :)
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Mar 31 2006, 09:10 AM Wrote:Most of them aren't really worth it, and I've no idea how well they stack with other similar buffs; the +str and +AP ones are ok, but I don't really yet see myself going out of my way to farm for +15 frost resist for 10 minutes, or an increased chance to dodge for 10 seconds :)
[right][snapback]105958[/snapback][/right]

The +15 fire resist for 10 minutes might be great for a Ragnaros fight. Thottbot somments say it stacks with MotW, but no word on if it stacks with the pally FR aura.
Xanthix,Mar 31 2006, 11:18 AM Wrote:The +15 fire resist for 10 minutes might be great for a Ragnaros fight. Thottbot somments say it stacks with MotW, but no word on if it stacks with the pally FR aura.
[right][snapback]105967[/snapback][/right]

It stacks (or it did in 1.9) with the shaman totem and in my experience the shaman totems and the pally auras work the same for stackage.

And yes I love it for that. I love the +str ones from the furbies too. People grind furbies for all this other stuff, as I hunter I slap it on my pet for more DPS and the DPS warriors and rogues. I about 80-90 of the +str juju's at one point just from the rep grinding. Warriors loved me as I would hit them with that and hand them a firewater. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
The Juju Escapes used to give a +50% to dodge for a short time, making them incredibly powerful when fighting rogues. Now that they've been nerfed to only 5%, they're basically worthless. I wish Blizzard could get the "Goldilocks" philosophy and learn to fix something broken overpowered without making it useless. *sigh*