What can I do to raise my Everlook faction?
It's at Unfriendly. I'd explain, but the story is long and invloves a rather large amount of dead goblins.

>_>

Any suggestions are welcome. And I mean any.
----
"To be is to do - Socrates. To do is to be - Jean-Paul Sartre. Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra." - Kurt Vonnegut
TFLlama,Mar 31 2006, 04:33 PM Wrote:It's at Unfriendly.  I'd explain, but the story is long and invloves a rather large amount of dead goblins.

>_>

Any suggestions are welcome.  And I mean any.
[right][snapback]105985[/snapback][/right]

Farm low-level pirates in the Barrens. They're 1 reputation for all of the Steamwheedle factions, each. Once you get back to Neutral, you can do repeatable Steamwheedle faction quests in Feralas.
Skandranon,Mar 31 2006, 04:47 PM Wrote:Farm low-level pirates in the Barrens.  They're 1 reputation for all of the Steamwheedle factions, each.  Once you get back to Neutral, you can do repeatable Steamwheedle faction quests in Feralas.

Close but not quite. Yes, farm the level 14-17 pirates just south of Ratchet. They give 1 point of rep toward Ratchet and 1/2 spillover point of rep for the other goblin factions. They are plentiful (don't forget the camps up the hill) and die in one hit to most level 60's. I cast rank 5 SW:Pain's on each pirate as I run through each camp. Tab-pain-tab-pain-tab-pain and leave a trail of death behind me.

You can do the Ferales quests any time no matter what your faction level is. However, the faction gain speed is incredibly slow. You only get 25 rep per quest turn-in and you have to kill high level 40 mobs and loot them to get the quest items. It's *far* faster, on the order of four or five times faster, to kill the pirates south of Ratchet for rep.

Other options include killing wastewanders and pirates in Tanaris or Venture Co operatives or pirates in STV.

I take it that you're a Bloodsail Buccaneer, too? Yarrr!
Thanks for the suggestions, dudes.

I'm on my way to becoming a Bloodsail Buccaneer. But Engineering got in the way. I realized when I was KoS in Booty Bay that I'd need to talk to the other goblin towns to get schematics, so here I am trying to get Steamwheedle rep without losing Bloodsail. Once I have all my engineering stuffs (hit 300 the other day) I'll be back to being belligerent in Booty Bay. I already have to vanish everytime I fly in there. >_>
----
"To be is to do - Socrates. To do is to be - Jean-Paul Sartre. Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra." - Kurt Vonnegut
Is there some good list somewere that lists all monsters and were they are that give rep for a specific faction in the game? Preferably it would also list how much you get and their level. :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Apr 4 2006, 03:59 AM Wrote:Is there some good list somewere that lists all monsters and were they are that give rep for a specific faction in the game?
[right][snapback]106165[/snapback][/right]

The closest resource I know of is wowwiki.com. If you go there and search for a faction's name, you will usually get a page that says all the quests you can do and mobs you can kill to increase your reputation with them. The page will usually also tell you about the various rewards of garnering reputation with them.
MongoJerry,Mar 31 2006, 05:21 PM Wrote:Yes, farm the level 14-17 pirates just south of Ratchet.

Whoops! I started farming these guys with Wini, my Stormrage warlock, and it turns out that they're level 13-15's with the boss at level 16. This doesn't matter to a level 60 -- the mobs die in one hit regardless -- but my plan has been to farm goblin reputation at the same time as leveling up, so Wini could have started her farming in the Barrens another level or two earlier.

It was pretty fun last night. A level 50 priest wanted to farm the pirates to get volatile rum. I told him that the pirates south of Ratchet don't drop volatile rum (damn honesty!), but he wanted to try anyway. He let me party with him and I threw a dot on mobs to get a tap right after he dotted them. Since Wini is level 14, she gets 5 Ratchet rep per mob and 25 for each kill on the boss. She ended up getting around 1500 rep in like 20 minutes. Meanwhile, since she was grouped with a level 50, she only got a small fraction of the experience she would have gotten per kill (but the kill speed was *much* faster). The end result was a rep/exp ratio that was sky high. If one wanted to twink a character to a high goblin reputation, such a tandem would be the way to do it.