Rogue Bugs in 1.10
Here's a paste of the first post in a popular Rogue topic right now (stickied by Coriel today):

Quote: This is a post to compile all the things that were either broken by the 1.10 patch or not working as intended.

This is not a post to complain about what was changed and what wasn't changed, or to complain about changes included in the patch notes - IE, mounting/hearthing breaking stealth.

Please reply if you find a new bug directly rogue related, and if you can confirm a bug somebody else has posted (if nobody else has) that would be great too.

Please do NOT reply with "Blizz hates rogues!" "NERF ROUGES(sic)!" "They'll just ignore you!" etc. Try to keep this post constructive. The better we know what the problems are, the less work the devs have to do to find the problem and fix them, which means quicker fixes.
-------------------------------------------
1. Seal Fate (CONFIRMED)
The sound associated with a Seal Fate proc (a blood splatter) is now playing inconsistently or late (up to a second or so after the initial crit). The combo point added from the proc is also being added up to a second after the proc. Pre-1.10 the sound and the combo point were added instantly.

2. Damage Procs + Gouge (CONFIRMED)
Procs from trinkets such as Maelstrom and Blazefury Medalion now break gouge if they proc off the gouge. Weapon procs (lobotomizer) and enchantment procs (fiery) also break gouge. Unknown whether sword spec procs break gouge yet. Still spotty on whether this is due to server lag or an actual bug, and whether or not it was fixed in the hotfix last night.

3. Relentless Strikes (CONFIRMED)
Relentless Strike bonus energy is not always being applied even when the combat log states it is. This appears to be due to the energy bonus being applied before the finisher energy is deducted. Therefore, if you 5 point kidney shot while at 100 energy, you will end up with 75 energy (100+25=100 due to maximum energy, then 100-25 = 75.) If you 5 point kidney shot at 50 energy (50+25=75, 75-25=50) you'll get the full benefit.

4. Vanish (CONFIRMED)
Vanishing in PVP is allowing autoattacks from the opponent directly after vanish, instantly breaking stealth if they swing right after the rogue vanishes. This is happening at a far greater rate than it used to.

4b. Vanish "interrupts" (Unconfirmed)
Vanishing while spells are in the air (frostbolt, fireball, etc.) no longer causes spells to fail. Instead the spell will hit and break stealth. This seems to happen only during a certain time during the spell - needs more research

4c. Vanish not removing player from combat/Aggro list(CONFIRMED)
Just experienced this personally on razorgore. Pre-patch, vanish on a boss fight would take you out of combat, if only for the split second until the in combat pulse started. Now, I never even went out of combat. Not a huge deal, EXCEPT this may mean you don't actually drop off their aggro list. Note I didn't have aggro at the time, and was actually out of LOS of razorgore, so I wasn't detected, just never dropped combat.
UPDATE: Vanish was also not clearing aggro on numerous occasions in molten core - both on trash and bosses. I pulled aggro on a giant (oops), vanished, ambush, and instantly had aggro again... on a target with 20% hp left and a tank and other dpsers on it. Also noticed this in on ragnaros, which severely gimped my DPS.

5. Slice and Dice (CONFIRMED)
SnD is still making two sounds when activated, and appears to still be able to miss or be blocked/parried.
If SnD is used just before a mob dies, the animation/sound will play but the player will not recieve the buff.

6. Imp Kick (CONFIRMED)
Interupting a spell with IMP KICK ONLY now no longer prevents casters from using that school of magic for 5 seconds, only the global 2 second silence. Normal kick is working as intended, and still has the 5 sec school of magic silence.

7. Ruthlessness (CONFIRMED)
Ruthelessness is adding the bonus combo point after a short delay occasionally instead of instantly, much like seal fate.

***8. Distract (CONFIRMED)
Distracting an opponent (at least PVP, haven't tried PVE yet) will turn their character but NOT their front/back settings. IE, if somebody is facing away from you, you distract them to face you, you can then ambush their face. Try it, its kind of fun.

9b. Distract/Lightning shield (CONFIRMED)
Lightning shields on MOBS ONLY are proccing on distract/pickpocket. Lightning shields on players do NOT proc, as tested by myself on 2 shamans earlier today.

10. Stealth detection (Unconfirmed)
Players are complaining about some changes to stealth. Many say that mobs are seeing them from much further away than usual, and either turning or aggroing. In addition,the whelps in the BWL suppression room now see through stealth, where they never detected it before.

11. Dual wielding two of the same weapon (Unconfirmed)
Dual wielding two of the same weapon (IE, rank 14 daggers in both hands) is causing random global cooldowns. Apparently the weapons are switching hands. Unknown trigger, needs more research.

12. Detect traps not showing traps (Unconfirmed)
I know some functionality with detect traps was changed, but now it seems to be completely useless. whereas before we'd see all traps within 30 yards or so, now I'm not seeing them most of hte time until I'm standing right on top of them. Will test further if I get a chance.

and

Quote: This post is for rumors that are NOT true. If a "bug" above is confirmed false, it will be moved here.

1. Sprint breaks stealth (CONFIRMED FALSE)
2. Sunder armor and expose armor stack (CONFIRMED FALSE)

I'm not sure about Vanish's deaggro, because the MT took a Wing Buffet or two on Saturday and I didn't pull aggro (after I had vanished), and I was at least above all the listed warriors in KTM. Also didn't pull aggro on Vael, which would be a major accomplishment without Vanish working.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:10. Stealth detection (Unconfirmed)
Players are complaining about some changes to stealth. Many say that mobs are seeing them from much further away than usual, and either turning or aggroing. In addition,the whelps in the BWL suppression room now see through stealth, where they never detected it before.

The whelps in the suppression room did not act like they saw through stealth as the demon dogs used to (still do?) in BRD. I was able to stay stealthed and disarmed some of the traps in there that were directly next to whelps. I have no points in Master of Deception, but I am a night elf. They did not aggro on me when I got in range.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:6. Imp Kick (CONFIRMED)
Interupting a spell with IMP KICK ONLY now no longer prevents casters from using that school of magic for 5 seconds, only the global 2 second silence. Normal kick is working as intended, and still has the 5 sec school of magic silence.

This may not be a bug as improved shield bash for warriors has behaved like this for a long time and I believe improved counterspell on the mages has done the same thing for quite some time as well.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Treesh,Apr 3 2006, 05:08 PM Wrote:The whelps in the suppression room did not act like they saw through stealth as the demon dogs used to (still do?) in BRD.  I was able to stay stealthed and disarmed some of the traps in there that were directly next to whelps.  I have no points in Master of Deception, but I am a night elf.  They did not aggro on me when I got in range.
[right][snapback]106129[/snapback][/right]

No, it's not an ignore stealth thing. It's that before, they had absolutely no aggro detection while you were stealthed. You could literally be touching one and it wouldn't see you. If a warrior pulled a bunch of whelps, and one pulled socially (i.e he's got a hate list of just the puller with an aggro of 0), ran through you, he'd keep going.

Now, you have to keep them at least somewhat away or at least turned away. If one runs through you, he will attack you, as Ebonroc so gladly pointed out to me on Saturday.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 3 2006, 04:40 PM Wrote:No, it's not an ignore stealth thing.  It's that before, they had absolutely no aggro detection while you were stealthed.  You could literally be touching one and it wouldn't see you.  If a warrior pulled a bunch of whelps, and one pulled socially (i.e he's got a hate list of just the puller with an aggro of 0), ran through you, he'd keep going.

Now, you have to keep them at least somewhat away or at least turned away.  If one runs through you, he will attack you, as Ebonroc so gladly pointed out to me on Saturday.
[right][snapback]106133[/snapback][/right]
Doesn't seem like a bug to me that they now have a stealth detection, but rather a fix to one. Once I knew what path we were taking, it was easy enough on Saturday to go and disarm traps (as long as there were only whelps by it). It seems rather stupid to have traps in there surrounded by critters if most of the critters around never bothered with you if you were stealthed.
Intolerant monkey.
The bug would be if it's an increase in all mobs stealth detection, thus buffing the whelps. I haven't been able to fully test that either way. I wouldn't so much mind just the whelps once I get used to them, distract will be more useful in there is all.
Quark,Apr 3 2006, 08:35 PM Wrote:The bug would be if it's an increase in all mobs stealth detection,
[right][snapback]106154[/snapback][/right]
All in BWL, or all as in all critters in the game? If it's the latter, that's definitely false. If it's all in BWL, I'll just have to see what the other rogues think since they were in there before 1.10 and after. If you guys haven't even bothered to check how distract may help some of the pulls in there, how much stealthing have you done besides in the suppression room?
Intolerant monkey.
"6. Imp Kick (CONFIRMED)
Interupting a spell with IMP KICK ONLY now no longer prevents casters from using that school of magic for 5 seconds, only the global 2 second silence. Normal kick is working as intended, and still has the 5 sec school of magic silence."

Bah , how do you quote a quote :P

Anyway , the tooltip has always said a 2 second silence , thats why I never bothered taking it on any of my rogues , always preferred the 5 second school of magic . Tooltips could be wrong of course and I have been missing out .

Also just noticed on my Shaman , please tell me if this is how it used to be before the patch , but now , my windfury procs , I get the 3 hits and then after I get the animation , My log records the hits first then lastly says "you get windfury attack" . It looks silly getting the animation afterwards , I dont remember this happening before , but then I am getting old :P
Take care
My favourite thing with distract now:

it turns the mob, no matter what. I've used it to turn them after they've detected me in stealth, which it didn't used to do.
Update on the Vanish issue:

Some people are saying Vanish is now resistable by mobs. That. Hurts. It also explains why I haven't seen any aggro issues: I just haven't seen a resist yet.
Quark,Apr 5 2006, 05:09 PM Wrote:Update on the Vanish issue:

Some people are saying Vanish is now resistable by mobs.  That.  Hurts.  It also explains why I haven't seen any aggro issues: I just haven't seen a resist yet.
[right][snapback]106334[/snapback][/right]

FD is resistible, why not Vanish? Evens things up a bit.
--Mav
Mavfin,Apr 5 2006, 05:36 PM Wrote:FD is resistible, why not Vanish? Evens things up a bit.
[right][snapback]106336[/snapback][/right]

When Vanish is on a 30 second cooldown instead of a 5 minute one, this might be convincing. Right now, though, Vanish is supposed to be the ultimate escape tool and is balanced around the assumption that it is. Resists break this dynamic.
Skandranon,Apr 5 2006, 06:08 PM Wrote:When Vanish is on a 30 second cooldown instead of a 5 minute one, this might be convincing.  Right now, though, Vanish is supposed to be the ultimate escape tool and is balanced around the assumption that it is.  Resists break this dynamic.
[right][snapback]106341[/snapback][/right]

You didn't even mention the reagent. You're slipping, Skan!
Quark,Apr 5 2006, 06:14 PM Wrote:You didn't even mention the reagent.  You're slipping, Skan!
[right][snapback]106343[/snapback][/right]

Those 22 copper flash powders really add up, huh?
Skandranon,Apr 5 2006, 06:14 PM Wrote:Those 22 copper flash powders really add up, huh?
[right][snapback]106344[/snapback][/right]

Heh, no, it's the times in AV I go "Crap, I'm out of Flash Powder!" <die> "Wait, that means I've been in here for at least 50 minutes. Must buy some more when I res." <forget to buy some> "Why isn't Vanish working?" <die> "Maybe this time I'll remember!"

It's nothing more than an annoyance, but it's there. Basically, I used to keep a stack of Flash Powder handy at all times. I've learned that when heading into AV, or when going on a "learning" raid, it's time to bring two stacks.
Quark,Apr 5 2006, 07:21 PM Wrote:It's nothing more than an annoyance, but it's there.&nbsp; Basically, I used to keep a stack of Flash Powder handy at all times.&nbsp; I've learned that when heading into AV, or when going on a "learning" raid, it's time to bring two stacks.
[right][snapback]106347[/snapback][/right]

Just two stacks? ;)
Update: Post by Drysc
Quote:&nbsp; I wanted to create a post to provide some additional information regarding rogue-specific issues that players have reported since the release of 1.10. I want to thank Bluur for his bug thread, it has provided a place for many players to view common issues, as well as report their own. I do want to reiterate that the Bug Report forum is the proper avenue for bug reporting; however the thread being placed here has gone a different direction, to help other players see that they are not alone on an issue they may be experiencing. I do appreciate the work being put into such a thread, not only from Bluur, but from everyone reporting the issues they are seeing.

Let's get down to brass tacks.

The issue many of you are discussing, Seal Fate and the lack of an additional combo point during specific critical strikes, is being fixed in an upcoming patch. We are aware of the urgency this issue has for many players and we are doing our best to ensure it is resolved as soon as possible.

In addition to the above issue, the delay in combo point addition from talents is also seeing some attention in an upcoming patch.

We are investigating multiple issues with Vanish that have been reported, one such issue with Vanish that is also being resolved in an upcoming patch, immediately after using Vanish an in-process melee attack should no longer continue to strike, leaving the rogue in stealth.

We have continued testing an issue regarding ranged attacks breaking stealth as Vanish is used mid-attack, and we have not yet been able to faithfully reproduce the issue. Our tests have shown that the ranged attack may hit, but stealth will not be broken. We are continuing to test and investigate any possible causes.

Improved kick should now be causing the proper 5 second spell lock in 1.10.1.

Currently, using Distract will properly face a character to the distraction target, but their model facing will not be appropriate with their ‘directional' facing, allowing you to backstab someone in the face. In addition, using Distract on a lightning shielded mob will cause the rogue to take damage, bringing them out of stealth. These two issues are also being resolved in a future patch.

We will also be resolving an issue with the Corrupted Bronze Whelps of Blackwing Lair being able to see through stealth.

I realize that this post does not cover all of the reported issues, and I also realize how uncomforting "an upcoming patch" can sound to an issue that is affecting you this very minute. I do want to relate again that we are constantly working on improvements, and fixes. We are of course still continuing to accept reports through Bug Report forum, and we are still continuing to investigate those reported issues.

Aside from these issues though, we're approaching an exciting time, the rogue review. As we have been progressing so well with the other class reviews, we were fortunately able to move the rogue review ahead, and I'm very excited to see the changes that are coming. As the current issues are being investigated and resolved, I hope you are looking forward to the review as well.

Seal Fate - check
Laggy Combo Points - check!!
Whelplings (Suppression Room) - check
Vanish - check?
Blade Flurry - no check :(
Backstabbing in the FASE - check :(
Gnollguy,Apr 3 2006, 02:27 PM Wrote:This may not be a bug as improved shield bash for warriors has behaved like this for a long time and I believe improved counterspell on the mages has done the same thing for quite some time as well.
[right][snapback]106131[/snapback][/right]

Imp. Counterspell retains it's school lock, but the silence effect can be dispelled where imp Kick and imp Shield bash cannot.

Still, pretty gimpy change.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek