Game Saving
:unsure: I am new to this post and not sure I am doing this right. Here goes nothing! I recently purchased diablo and diablo II. Why in Diablo II can you not save at the location you are at and start the game up at that location? Am I missing something. Thanks
ladybug19414,Apr 6 2006, 03:37 PM Wrote::unsure:  I am new to this post and not sure I am doing this right.  Here goes nothing!  I recently purchased diablo and diablo II.  Why in Diablo II can you not save at the location you are at and start the game up at that location?  Am I missing something. Thanks
[right][snapback]106433[/snapback][/right]
That is a design feature. WHy? Because they are Blizzard.

One way to reduce the amount of rework is to save when you reach a waypoint, or when you finish an Act. Are you playing Single Player or Multi Player?

Occhi

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 6 2006, 04:10 PM Wrote:That is a design feature.  WHy?  Because they are Blizzard.

One way to reduce the amount of rework is to save when you reach a waypoint, or when you finish an Act.  Are you playing Single Player or Multi Player?

Occhi
[right][snapback]106438[/snapback][/right]
Am player single player.
You don't have to save. When you die, just respawn in town and go get your corpse.

That's what waypoints are for. If you quit just before you reach the next waypoint, then at worst you'll have to do one or two levels again. No big deal. Of course, if you don't activate the waypoints, you'll have to redo a lot more than that.

*remembers his attempt at blitzing Act 5, skipping pretty much every waypoint past the frigid highlands and then getting killed by the Ancients*
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
[quote=Brother Laz,Apr 7 2006, 06:46 AM]
You don't have to save. When you die, just respawn in town and go get your corpse.

That's what waypoints are for. If you quit just before you reach the next waypoint, then at worst you'll have to do one or two levels again. No big deal. Of course, if you don't activate the waypoints, you'll have to redo a lot more than that.

*remembers his attempt at blitzing Act 5, skipping pretty much every waypoint past the frigid highlands and then getting killed by the Ancients*
[right][snapback]106476[/snapback][/right]
[/quote

ok since I am new where and how do I find the way points?
ladybug19414,Apr 7 2006, 04:43 PM Wrote:ok since I am new where and how do I find the way points?
[right][snapback]106541[/snapback][/right]
Read this page, waypoints discussion is halfway down.

Enjoy. :D

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
ladybug19414,Apr 7 2006, 05:43 PM Wrote:ok since I am new where and how do I find the way points?

You can see what a waypoint looks like in town, one is located in the Rogue Outpost. If you follow the path out of Blood Moore, you'll enter an area called Cold Plains. A waypoint should be located a few feet into the area, on one side of the road. The rest of the waypoints in the game are a bit harder to find since they don't necessarily lie next to a road, and can be anywhere in the area.

Hope this helps :) Sometimes experience is the best teacher.

Cheers,

Munk

PS. I apologize if the names of places are a bit off, it's been well over a year since I last played a game of DII.
Thank you all for your help. I am learning and you have some great information on all these sites.
Brother Laz,Apr 7 2006, 01:46 PM Wrote:*remembers his attempt at blitzing Act 5, skipping pretty much every waypoint past the frigid highlands and then getting killed by the Ancients*
[right][snapback]106476[/snapback][/right]

I had excactly the same thing, I got the Frigid Highlands waypoint, and then I got killed by the Ancients. That was on Nightmare by the way.

Oh, and another tip when searching for the waypoints, there are allways torches nearby. Same goes for cave entrances and stuff like that, so when you see a torch it's time to go take a look!
I agree with munkay..