Spellpower enchant.
According to all of the information I can find, the spellpower enchant only affects damage, and not healing in anyway. I was told, recently, that it affects healing, as well. I really couldn't support the damage only theory with any testing or a blue post on the subject. Neither could the people advocating that it was damage and healing.

So, does anybody know for certain? Is spellpower, as it seems, only damage, or is it healing as well?
Bob the Beholder,Apr 7 2006, 09:43 PM Wrote:According to all of the information I can find, the spellpower enchant only affects damage, and not healing in anyway.  I was told, recently, that it affects healing, as well.  I really couldn't support the damage only theory with any testing or a blue post on the subject.  Neither could the people advocating that it was damage and healing (unless sarcastic comments can be counted as proof).

So, does anybody know for certain?  Is spellpower, as it seems, only damage, or is it healing as well?
[right][snapback]106575[/snapback][/right]

http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=22747

People talk back and forth about it here. I have no way to verify any of it.
Skandranon,Apr 7 2006, 08:37 PM Wrote:http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=22747

People talk back and forth about it here.   I have no way to verify any of it.
[right][snapback]106579[/snapback][/right]

I have it on one of my staves, so I'll try to figure out a good way to test it one way or the other. The conventional wisdom is that it doesn't help healing, but one thing Lurkers know is that conventional wisdom isn't always right. If only the servers would let me on...
Spell Power definitely does not help healing.

With benediction +55 healing (+161 healing), my renew ticks for 387.
Without any staff, my renew ticks for 354.

My Staff of the Ruins has +60 damage/healing plus a Spell Power enchant. If it acted like +90 damage/healing, then the renew would tick for 372. If it acted like only +60 healing, then the renew would tick for 366.

The renew ticks for 366 when I have my Staff of the Ruins equipped.
lame... I was planning on getting the CC mace and putting spell power on it for PvP, this definatly puts a crimp on that.
oldmandennis,Apr 8 2006, 03:09 AM Wrote:lame... I was planning on getting the CC mace and putting spell power on it for PvP, this definatly puts a crimp on that.
[right][snapback]106601[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, it's probably best to have two seperate weapons -- a damage dealing one with a Spell Power enchant for PvP and grinding and a second one for healing with a +55 healing enchant.