Show Me the MONEY !
Hi,

I'm back, I quit a year ago because of the game economy, my lv 40 Pally Skin/Leather could NOT buy a skill upgrade, thank the Pally gods I get a horse for free. So I returned to Asheron's Call 1 for my 6th year where I have a cottage & alot of money :P

DDO did not work out so here I am for the past 2 months. I must say that things are alot better than a year ago...or...the fact that I do craft now Pally/Leather & Hunter/Alchemy & I'm enjoying it, might be the reason I'm not on welfare & food stamps in the game. Altho my Main has "Loaned" alot of gold to my Hunter to get him started in the Alchemy trade.

I NEVER cared to do Crafts in any game I played...I like to Kill stuff !

OK now for the Big Question "HOW DO YOU MAKE MONEY"...believe me it is Not as simple as it sounds too a n00b like me...I know how to Grind out trade goods by farming, but that is Not the problem, the AH Price Wars.are...> so I again find it difficult to make a living :(

ps: I like soulbound it does prevent Rich Quest farmers from stealing all the Good items.

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Herbalism. Hands down, this has been the fastest money I've ever made. Wow.

Just undercut the market -- sure, you're not maximizing your profits, but you're consistently making money.
castille,Apr 11 2006, 12:21 PM Wrote:Herbalism. Hands down, this has been the fastest money I've ever made. Wow.

Just undercut the market -- sure, you're not maximizing your profits, but you're consistently making money.
[right][snapback]106810[/snapback][/right]

I'll agree on that: Herbalism is the best way to go if you just want cash and don't care for crafting.

Gems, stone, and thorium are of course the domain of the miner. There's demand, but not nearly as much as there is for herbs.

Weapon chains are the best if you'rea blacksmith, but it takes a significant investment to purchase the pattern unless you're one of the crazy few who sees it drop.

The rare crafting recipes can make you very, very rich, but you'll never see them drop if you're not a raider.

Farming instances for enchanting materials is fast if not entirely condoned by blizzard.

And then you can play the market. Buying low, selling high is the single fastest way to make money in any MMO.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
castille,Apr 11 2006, 04:21 PM Wrote:Herbalism. Hands down, this has been the fastest money I've ever made. Wow.

[right][snapback]106810[/snapback][/right]

Herbalism, definitely. The mats for Elixirs of the Mongoose (Plaguebloom and Mountain Silversage) sell extremely well - 6-8g for 10 Plaguebloom and 10-15g for 10 Silversage on Mannoroth.

I prefer to monopolize markets rather than undercut them. Buy everything and sell it off in chunks, instead of all at once. You're likely to sell 5 stacks of whatever but unlikely to sell 20.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I play the market. Buy and sell Foror's Compendiums and Nexus Crystals, along with any blues/purples I happen to pick up out in the world (I tend to have some crazy luck).

I'm nearing my goal of 5,000g... and have no idea what to do when I reach it.
See you in Town,
-Z
(Dis-)Enchanting. Bid on every green level 51+ armor (not weapon) item in the auction house that costs between 1.25 and 1.75 gold, and discenchant it. "Useless" items with i.e. "of the Whale" or just one affix are typical cheap candidates. The output of these items is a proftitable mix of Illusion Dust (lowest value), Greater Eternal Essences and occasional Large Brilliant Shards (highest value). If you resell these always much sought after enchanting reagents in the auction house, you typically get twice the bidding money back (on average), i.e. if you buy green level 51+ armor items for 50 gold, you get about 80-100 gold from the disenchants.

Otherwise, highend herbs are always a good money maker if you know where to get a good amount of them in a reasonable time. I.e. Dream Foil is much sought after and very expensive now that every powerful flask buff requires 30 of them. A stack of 20 usually goes for up to 8-10 gold.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Zarathustra,Apr 11 2006, 07:53 PM Wrote:I play the market.  Buy and sell Foror's Compendiums and Nexus Crystals, along with any blues/purples I happen to pick up out in the world (I tend to have some crazy luck).

I'm nearing my goal of 5,000g... and have no idea what to do when I reach it.
[right][snapback]106874[/snapback][/right]

Hi,

Both items are lv 60...I need to make the $$$ now at lv 30 - 40, The most Gold in my purse 50+g never over 60g.

I do play the market howerver the Market is in a Price War at this time for a lower level toon...I can't sell Greater Rage pots for 3g on Rexxar a new server :(

Oh well back to the farm :wacko:

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
nobbie,Apr 11 2006, 10:48 PM Wrote:Bid on every green level 51+ armor (not weapon) item in the auction house that costs between 1.25 and 1.75 gold, and discenchant it. "Useless" items with i.e. "of the Whale" or just one affix are typical cheap candidates. The output of these items is a proftitable mix of Illusion Dust (lowest value), Greater Eternal Essences and occasional Large Brilliant Shards (highest value).
[right][snapback]106901[/snapback][/right]

I agree with this strat in general in fact I have made a pretty tidy sum doing it lately. But most low 50's items will give vision(i think) - lesser eternal - small brilliant. Also, at least on my server, due to enchanting bags and the D2 quest (I think) Greater eternal is selling for more then Large Brilliant.
oldmandennis,Apr 13 2006, 12:23 AM Wrote:I agree with this strat in general in fact I have made a pretty tidy sum doing it lately.  But most low 50's items will give vision(i think) - lesser eternal - small brilliant.
Yes, the higher above 50, the better. Level 55+ items are the ideal disenchanting candidates.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
King Jim,Apr 12 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:Hi,

Both items are lv 60...I need to make the $$$ now at lv 30 - 40, The most Gold in my purse 50+g never over 60g.

I do play the market howerver the Market is in a Price War at this time for a lower level toon...I can't sell Greater Rage pots for 3g on Rexxar a new server  :(

Oh well back to the farm  :wacko:
[right][snapback]106980[/snapback][/right]

Have 2 gathering professions. Learn the going prices, especially for blue/purps. My first char is lvl 43 now. He is a warrior, so needs to spend more gold on items than other characters. I spend about 15-20 min looking at the AH when I start my session and the same time before I end it. I do not farm. If the AH had the best items in the game, I'd be the best outfitted warrior out there by the time I hit 60, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) that is not even close to the case.

I have a mount, 2 blue swords that I am using right now..... and about 450 Gold. 'Nuff said.

-A
No, no. Level 50 - vision dust, small brilliant shard. 51+ - illusion dust, large brilliant shard. There is no chance for a level 51+ item to drop vision dust.
King Jim,Apr 12 2006, 11:41 PM Wrote:I can't sell Greater Rage pots for 3g on Rexxar a new server  :(
Indeed, age and population of a server play a role, too. I recently created a new char on Rexxar for a group game. I was quite diasappointed to see the much lower prices in the AH, compared to Gilneas, where most of my other chars reside.

Still, skinning and herbalism will provide a steady stream of money.
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
jhartelt,Apr 13 2006, 11:49 AM Wrote:Indeed, age and population of a server play a role, too. I recently created a new char on Rexxar for a group game. I was quite diasappointed to see the much lower prices in the AH, compared to Gilneas, where most of my other chars reside.

New servers are a fantastic place to play the market as supply and demand levels haven't stabilized yet. I made a fortune with my character on Twisting Nether by buying cheap Essences of Water for like 2-3g early on, transmuting them to Essences of Air, hanging onto those Essences of Air for a couple of weeks while the server population leveled up, and then selling those Essences of Air for 30-40g. (There are some item recipes that use Essences of Air that give items that are great for those not yet getting mounds of epics in 40-man instances). I also bought Librams of Focus for around 20g each, which are now worth in the hundreds of gold. If you know what prices are like on a mature server, you can take advantage of the early firesale prices (usually sold by desperate chinese farmers trying to make their quota) when people don't have the gold yet to pay a lot for items.
MongoJerry,Apr 13 2006, 03:19 PM Wrote:New servers are a fantastic place to play the market as supply and demand levels haven't stabilized yet.  I made a fortune with my character on Twisting Nether by buying cheap Essences of Water for like 2-3g early on, transmuting them to Essences of Air, hanging onto those Essences of Air for a couple of weeks while the server population leveled up, and then selling those Essences of Air for 30-40g. (There are some item recipes that use Essences of Air that give items that are great for those not yet getting mounds of epics in 40-man instances).  I also bought Librams of Focus for around 20g each, which are now worth in the hundreds of gold.  If you know what prices are like on a mature server, you can take advantage of the early firesale prices (usually sold by desperate chinese farmers trying to make their quota) when people don't have the gold yet to pay a lot for items.
[right][snapback]107093[/snapback][/right]

I'm hoarding Shadow and Frost Resistance rings in anticipation of Naxxramas. I'm buying them for around 15g apiece for +13-15 rings, and about 25g for the +18's. Judging by the going prices for Nature and Fire Resistance rings of the same values, I could probably sell them for 80g and 120g apiece post-Naxxramas, respectively :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
At the lower end, if you enjoy doing it fishing can be surprisingly profitable. Stonescale Eels go for as much as 1g each in the AH, and Steamwheedle Port isn't difficult to get to - I had a lvl 21 toon there fishing for quite some time. When in season, hit Feathermoon Stronghold - eels, winter squid and the occasional golden pearl. Of course, you have to like to fish, but it's a great way to make your mount money.
My Druid was Skin/Mine all the way to 60. Pretty good money and only one of the gathering skills needed the track skill going. At 60 I dropped skinning for enchanting so I could make a smoking heart. When I started working on my Warlock I swapped out mining (negligible income since not being played much) for Alchemy and logged in once a day for the transmute.

My Warlock was Herb/Skin until 60, then dropped skinning for Alchemy as well.

I also had a level 5 auctionhouse alt that provided steady income through playing the market and disenchanting. I largely stopped bothering with this once I started raiding - Alchemy was giving me a steady, easy income and no tradable items match raid gear.