Terenas Friday 4/14
QUOTE(Sir_Die_alot @ Apr 13 2006, 02:11 PM)
So I'm out in the cold on this one? =(

Sir Die did post on page 1 that he was up to the 45 minute step, so I am not sure why he was excluded summarily without a discussion. It seems unfair to me. One solution would be to do a minimum of 2 runs even if the 1st is is unsuccessful with somebody rotating out on the 2nd run.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Apr 13 2006, 04:23 PM Wrote:QUOTE(Sir_Die_alot @ Apr 13 2006, 02:11 PM)
So I'm out in the cold on this one? =(

Sir Die did post on page 1 that he was up to the 45 minute step, so I am not sure why he was excluded summarily without a discussion. It seems unfair to me. One solution would be to do a minimum of 2 runs even if the 1st is is unsuccessful with somebody rotating out on the 2nd run.
[right][snapback]107117[/snapback][/right]

I don't like the idea of swapping people -- repetition is going to be important. I can pretty much guarantee that our first run will not be successful. We don't have the gear that most people have that have done this. What will the person who will be swapping in on the second run do while they are waiting? They can't go help out another group anywhere as the run won't be long enough. They'll be pretty much picking flowers or mining as we'd want them to be close and ready to start immediately on a failed attempt. I'd rather everyone get to play.

My reasoning for picking the group I did among those that are ready for the quest.
  • Swirly has expressed interest and willingness in playing his warrior in LBRS. He also indicated that he wasn't comfortable taking his warrior on this quest just yet.<>
  • I made this post this morning. Until then Sir Die had not said at all whether he was even planning on coming. If he did then I missed it. Generally, like swirly, he plays when he wants to play and we're thrilled to have him when he does.<>
  • Sir_Die has refused in the past to go to Strat Dead, so he probably doesn't need anything else in there. The rest of us all have other good reasons to return (Yuri for Magister's Boots, Conc for Valor belt, Fazuul for Wildheart Kilt, and myself for Devout Sandals, Devout Skirt, and Crimson Felt Hat). Seems to me we are unlikely to be successful on our first night -- may as well have good shots at gear for all involved at least on the way.<>
  • Sir Die has far more opportunities to do this than many of us ever will.<>
  • I want to go, and we are two of the pure healer specc'd characters (Mogo being the other). Both of us going would be a bad idea. If people think I am being unfair, then I certainly will let Sir Die go in my place. I can help another group somewhere. Two combat rezzes and a soulstone could be very useful on this run. So would Sir Die's experience with it.<>
    [st]
    Don't worry, we'll be doing this plenty of times. If the other people ready to go want me to bow out, I will even though I don't want to. Personally I think I would be valuable on a 45 minute Baron run.

On a related note I have a concern that needs to be addressed (and please people, don't blow this up into uber Terenas drama, we try not to do that much -- I'm not seriously thinking of leaving the guild or quitting the game at this point).

Here is my concern:

It appears that my efforts to organize folks are not appreciated by either the Lost Souls or some of the Lurkers. Alram this isn't the first time I've been gotten that sense recently so I'm not trying to point a finger at you specifically, but you're the only one to directly voice your displeasure. I've been told that you feel (and if you do there are probably others) that there is a "cliquish" tinge sometimes to how things go. Given my relationship with many of the people in the guild the blame for this must be put on me. The list of people I know in real life = Yuri, VoiceMan, Durambar(formerly), Octord, Xarhud, Wimpy, PapaSmurf, and Kosch -- and I've even met Concillian last month :) At any rate I'm sorry for offending you in whatever ways I do, and I'm especially sorry if you're leaving the server (mostly) was due to me in some way.

Please know that anything like that isn't intentional. I've put forth a tremendous amount of effort to be fair while making successful groups, and get people where they want to go. I apologize for the poor results of my attempts. It has been increasingly frustrating for me personally anyway, so I gladly welcome someone else to herd these cats (even though I like all you cats anyway :wub: ) It's not an easy job, and I do it mostly because to date no one else will.
vor_lord,Apr 13 2006, 09:42 PM Wrote:I don't like the idea of swapping people -- repetition is going to be important.&nbsp; I can pretty much guarantee that our first run will not be successful.&nbsp; We don't have the gear that most people have that have done this.&nbsp; What will the person who will be swapping in on the second run do while they are waiting?&nbsp; They can't go help out another group anywhere as the run won't be long enough.&nbsp; They'll be pretty much picking flowers or mining as we'd want them to be close and ready to start immediately on a failed attempt.&nbsp; I'd rather everyone get to play.

My reasoning for picking the group I did among those that are ready for the quest.

• <>
  • Swirly has expressed interest and willingness in playing his warrior in LBRS.&nbsp; He also indicated that he wasn't comfortable taking his warrior on this quest just yet.

<>
  • I made this post this morning.&nbsp; Until then Sir Die had not said at all whether he was even planning on coming.&nbsp; If he did then I missed it.&nbsp; Generally, like swirly, he plays when he wants to play and we're thrilled to have him when he does.

<>
  • Sir_Die has refused in the past to go to Strat Dead, so he probably doesn't need anything else in there.&nbsp; The rest of us all have other good reasons to return (Yuri for Magister's Boots, Conc for Valor belt, Fazuul for Wildheart Kilt, and myself for Devout Sandals, Devout Skirt, and Crimson Felt Hat).&nbsp; Seems to me we are unlikely to be successful on our first night -- may as well have good shots at gear for all involved at least on the way.

<>
  • Sir Die has far more opportunities to do this than many of us ever will.

<>
  • I want to go, and we are two of the pure healer specc'd characters (Mogo being the other).&nbsp; Both of us going would be a bad idea.&nbsp; If people think I am being unfair, then I certainly will let Sir Die go in my place.&nbsp; I can help another group somewhere.&nbsp; Two combat rezzes and a soulstone could be very useful on this run.&nbsp; So would Sir Die's experience with it.

<>
    [st]
    Don't worry, we'll be doing this plenty of times.&nbsp; If the other people ready to go want me to bow out, I will even though I don't want to.&nbsp; Personally I think I would be valuable on a 45 minute Baron run.&nbsp;
    On a related note I have a concern that needs to be addressed (and please people, don't blow this up into uber Terenas drama, we try not to do that much -- I'm not seriously thinking of leaving the guild or quitting the game at this point).

Here is my concern:

It appears that my efforts to organize folks are not appreciated by either the Lost Souls or some of the Lurkers.&nbsp; Alram this isn't the first time I've been gotten that sense recently so I'm not trying to point a finger at you specifically, but you're the only one to directly voice your displeasure.&nbsp; I've been told that you feel (and if you do there are probably others) that there is a "cliquish" tinge sometimes to how things go.&nbsp; Given my relationship with many of the people in the guild the blame for this must be put on me.&nbsp; The list of people I know in real life = Yuri, VoiceMan, Durambar(formerly), Octord, Xarhud, Wimpy, PapaSmurf, and Kosch -- and I've even met Concillian last month&nbsp; :)&nbsp; At any rate I'm sorry for offending you in whatever ways I do, and I'm especially sorry if you're leaving the server (mostly) was due to me in some way.

Please know that anything like that isn't intentional.&nbsp; I've put forth a tremendous amount of effort to be fair while making successful groups, and get people where they want to go.&nbsp; I apologize for the poor results of my attempts.&nbsp; It has been increasingly frustrating for me personally anyway, so I gladly welcome someone else to herd these cats (even though I like all you cats anyway :wub: )&nbsp; It's not an easy job, and I do it mostly because to date no one else will.
    [right][snapback]107139[/snapback][/right]
Vorlord, you have not offended me. I appreciate your efforts.

1. I have not totally left the server. I am still there on Fridays. I get up early in the morning. I was starting to get up later and later due to late night Terenas runs and it made me feel uncomfortable and guilty that I was giving short shrift to my morning tasks. I therefore went in search of a server that would suit my hours better. Fortunately Stormrage fit the bill. There are raids going on there at very convenient hours. But I cannot raid there unless I have a level 60. So I am spending the bulk of my time there in order to level my warlock. I intentionally picked a class I haven't played much, a profession I've never really done and I am enjoying it. Playing the Alliance has also given me new experiences that are keeping me interested.
Secondly, to be honest with you, I get bored playing solo at level 60. There is only so much grinding and farming that I can stand. I am also not terribly interested in levelling my lower level Terenas toons.

Sooner or later I am going to find a job and then I will be around even less on both servers. There is a possibility atm that I will have to take a travel position and I have no ides how that will affect my gaming hours.

2. Regarding my remarks about SirDie
He left the server for awhile. I feel it is particularly important to make him feel very welcome and I didn't think the way his request was handled was in a welcoming way;t surpised me actually. You are a nice guy, Vorlord, and I'm sure you didn't mean to be arbitrary; it just came off that way to me--though perhaps not to anyone else. Your subsequent remarks about the issue have a nice tone, and I appreciate them.

3. "cliquish"
I don't remember making that remark. If I did there must have been some context to it. I do recall that when I was first approached by either you or your brother via PM about joining the server I said that I wouldn't want it to be a clique within the guild (or words to that effect). Frankly, you folks revitalized the Terenas guild; it would not be where it is today without you.

4. Organizing Fridays
I certainly don't have the will to do it. When we started up the LS thing I began poking my nose into it, and eventually I was sorry I did. Things did not go according to plan. So I fully understand the frustration you must feel at times. I probably should have kept quiet.

5. Perhaps I offended you. Sorry.
Alram,Apr 13 2006, 09:44 PM Wrote:Frankly, you folks revitalized the Terenas guild; it would not be where it is today without you.

[right][snapback]107143[/snapback][/right]
What he said. :) :wub:
Intolerant monkey.
vor_lord,Apr 11 2006, 04:30 PM Wrote:Necrali
Swirlywar
Yuri
Marn
Mogo

Fazuul
Conc
Mistique
Octord
Xarhud

we still have people left over though... Nashkara (where's he at in quests?&nbsp; I know he won't go to strat dead otherwise), Keshoga (is she ready for the quest?), possibly Wimpy, Rogoll for a while and he missed out last week...

Well if swirlywar is interested, we could have the warriors pick teams.&nbsp; Draft picks, trades... you know&nbsp; :P
[right][snapback]106829[/snapback][/right]

Wimpy will be there tonight. So we're pretty close to having a full third group of

Wimpy
Nashkara
Rogoll
Keshoga

I'm willing to go anywhere since I have done 0 quests in all the high level instances.

Though I do prefer to 5-man run.
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
I echo Vor_Lord's hopes that this doesn't blow up into some serious guild drama, but I must chime in here. I have some very blunt remarks:

First off...let me say that Vor_lord is my brother in real life, and my younger brother (yes, I'm turning into an old man rapidly :P ) so I naturally will defend him. However, Vor_Lord has done an awful lot of organizing of runs, and seeing as I am in contact with him on a daily basis while at work, I know he worries alot about being fair, including everyone, etc. But all I ever see, is people complain about how he organizes things, and he rarely gets much help. SirDie is a very skilled and knowledgeable player, and brings alot of positives to any run he goes on, but he has also openly admited to being unwilling to go on a run unless he stands to benefit loot-wise/quest-wise. That's fine, no problems there, as he's always been open and honest about it. Again, I don't have a problem with that because he's always openly admitted it. But a side-effect of that, is it means we can't expect him to come on a run for no reason other than to help us out. I repeat again...that's fine, because he's never made any secret of that fact, so no worries. But a side-effect of this, is if he's not willing to help out for the sake of helping out, then he can't expect us to make a spot for him in a run where all 5 of the people already going stand to gain as much as he does. Does that make sense? I hope so. This is not a knock on SirDie in any way. Like I have tried to emphasize three times so far, and this my fourth - he's always openly admitted such, which I respect and like. We can always understand where he comes from, and that's great.

Vor_Lord especially is always volunteering to sit out to make a spot available for someone else, and I think Vor_Lord has the LEAST amount of time available to play of anyone due to Real Life responsibilities. I would think people would be a little bit aware of such things. It irritates me to no end to see people complain about how he organizes things, when he's the only one doing it. So I say to you complainers....put up or shut up. If you think you can do a better job than Vor-Lord can, then do it. He'd be tickled pink to be relieved of the pressue. But so far, no one else has stepped up to help him out, and I would think folks should be grateful he just doesn't go with the real life connection each week for any 5 man content. But he has never done so, he has always tried to be fair, to the very best he can. I may be his brother and biased, but I take extreme exception to anyone whining about how he puts things together, simply because he IS the only one who consistently tries to plan things in advance. And then, on top of all that...when people do complain, such as in this thread, Vor_Lord is the one volunteering to sit out to smooth things over. Well, maybe I'm enough of a confrontational person that I don't mind making a big stink, but to make Vor_Lord sit out just because people aren't happy with his choice of groups is totally unfair to him. It goes back again to the issue that if you don't like how he handles things, then help him out, don't just complain.

If this gets me de-guilded so be it. I hope not, as I enjoy the company and grouping with everyone in the guild. But I cannot any longer remain silent and watch the effect of the constant worry and work that Vor_Lord puts into the Friday night runs, to have him get just complaints from people. I will fight to the bitter end to protect my brother, and while he may not say so, I know this whole thing is a heavy thing on his shoulders, and he would rather it not be that way. If people can't see for themselves that he really does try to make things as fair for everyone as he possibly can, then you're not looking hard enough.

By the way, I didn't ask Vor_Lord if I should post this. He'd probably tell me not to, that it's not worth the anger it will cause, and he's probably right. But for any of you to complain to him about how he organizes the Friday night runs is out of line, and I won't tolerate it anymore in silence. And frankly, since he's the only one who actually tries to organize it, he of all people is the one who actually HAS the right to "summarily dismiss" someone. But he did not do that to SirDie or anyone else, not this time, or any other time. Besides....on a more game-specific note.....these 45 minute baron runs will take learning and multiple efforts, so it's certainly not going to be difficult to get a good group together to include SirDie and all the rest of you.

Ok, Boss Lady...do I need to go guild hunting now? :whistling:
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
VoiceMan,Apr 14 2006, 12:52 PM Wrote:I echo Vor_Lord's hopes that this doesn't blow up into some serious guild drama, but I must chime in here.&nbsp; I have some very blunt remarks:

First off...let me say that Vor_lord is my brother in real life, and my younger brother (yes, I'm turning into an old man rapidly&nbsp; :P )&nbsp; so I naturally will defend him.&nbsp; However, Vor_Lord has done an awful lot of organizing of runs, and seeing as I am in contact with him on a daily basis while at work, I know he worries alot about being fair, including everyone, etc.&nbsp; But all I ever see, is people complain about how he organizes things, and he rarely gets much help.&nbsp; SirDie is a very skilled and knowledgeable player, and brings alot of positives to any run he goes on, but he has also openly admits to being unwilling to go on a run unless he stands to benefit loot-wise/quest-wise.&nbsp; That's fine, no problems there, as he's always been open and honest about it.&nbsp; Again, I don't have a problem with that because he's always openly admitted it.&nbsp; But a side-effect of that, is it means we can't expect him to come on a run for no reason other than to help us out.&nbsp; I repeat again...that's fine, because he's never made any secret of that fact, so no worries.&nbsp; But a side-effect of this, is if he's not willing to help out for the sake of helping out, then he can't expect us to make a spot for him in a run where all 5 of the people already going stand to gain as much as he does.&nbsp; Does that make sense?&nbsp; I hope so.&nbsp; This is not a knock on SirDie in any way.&nbsp; Like I have tried to emphasize three times so far, and this my fourth - he's always openly admitted such, which I respect and like.&nbsp; We can always understand where he comes from, and that's great.

Vor_Lord especially is always volunteering to sit out to make a spot available for someone else, and I think Vor_Lord has the LEAST amount of time available to play of anyone due to Real Life responsibilities.&nbsp; I would think people would be a little bit aware of such things.&nbsp; It irritates me to to no end to see people complain about how he organizes things, when he's the only one doing it.&nbsp; So I say to you complainers....put up or shut up.&nbsp; If you think you can do a better job than Vor-Lord can, then do it.&nbsp; He'd be tickled pink to be relieved of the pressue.&nbsp; But so far, no one else has stepped up to help him out, and I would think folks should be grateful he just doesn't go with the real life connection each week for any 5 man content.&nbsp; But he has never done so, he has always tried to be fair, to the very best he can.&nbsp; I may be his brother and biased, but I take extreme exception to anyone whining about how he puts things together, simply because he is the only one who consistently tries to plan things in advance.&nbsp; And then, on top of all that...when people do complain, such as in this thread, Vor_Lord is the one volunteering to sit out to smooth things over.&nbsp; Well, maybe I'm enough of a confrontational person that I don't mind making a big stink, but to make Vor_Lord sit out just because people aren't happy with his choice of groups is totally unfair to him.&nbsp; It goes back again to the issue that if you don't like how he handles things, then help him out, don't just complain.

If this gets me de-guilded so be it.&nbsp; I hope not, as I enjoy the company and grouping with everyone in the guild.&nbsp; But I cannot any longer remain silent and watch the effect of the constant worry and work that&nbsp; Vor_Lord puts into the Friday night runs, to have him get just complaints from people.&nbsp; I will fight to the bitter end to protect my brother, and while he may not say so, I know this whole thing is a heavy thing on his shoulders, and he would rather it not be that way.&nbsp; If people can't see for themselves that he really does try to make things as fair for everyone as he possibly can, then you're not looking hard enough.&nbsp;

By the way, I didn't ask Vor_Lord if I should post this.&nbsp; He'd probably tell me not to, that it's not worth the anger it will cause, and he's probably right.&nbsp; But for any of you to complain to him about how he organizes the Friday night runs is out of line, and I won't tolerate it anymore in silence.&nbsp; And frankly, since he's the only one who actually tries to organize it, he of all people is the one who actually HAS the right to "summarily dismiss" someone.&nbsp; But he did not do that to SirDie or anyone else, not this time, or any other time.&nbsp; Besides....on a more game-specific note.....these 45 minute baron runs will take learning and multiple efforts, so it's certainly not going to be difficult to get a good group together to include SirDie and all the rest of you.&nbsp;

Ok, Boss Lady...do I need to go guild hunting now?&nbsp; :whistling:
[right][snapback]107200[/snapback][/right]

I stand reprimanded. Sorry.
VoiceMan,Apr 14 2006, 11:52 AM Wrote:I
Ok, Boss Lady...do I need to go guild hunting now?&nbsp; :whistling:
As I hope you would definitely know, the answer is of course no. :) If I haven't /gkicked Swirly yet I'm not going to /gkick you over this. ;)

And while I have definitely thanked vor_lord a few times privately for taking the time to organize things, I don't remember if I've ever done it publicly. So, many thanks and hordely hugs to the man doing a thankless job in something that should just be entertainment.
Intolerant monkey.
WimpySmurf,Apr 14 2006, 09:21 AM Wrote:Wimpy will be there tonight.&nbsp; So we're pretty close to having a full third group of

Wimpy
Nashkara
Rogoll
Keshoga

I'm willing to go anywhere since I have done 0 quests in all the high level instances.

Though I do prefer to 5-man run.
[right][snapback]107197[/snapback][/right]

I see this group and it screamed strat-live at me until I realized Wimpy probably hasn't done the pre-quests for Ornate Adamantium Breastplate. That would be a nice piece of gear to get on another tank.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Sir_Die_alot,Apr 11 2006, 04:04 PM Wrote:Half the group stunk (most painfully the warrior who had only just speced defensive and had little idea how to pull or use shield based abilities) but we still were only 8 minutes shy or so of doing it. [right][snapback]106863[/snapback][/right]

That gives me a lot more confidence than I had before. If you can get that close with a sucky warrior, I imagine we can make it with time to spare with Conc tanking ( /flex :P )

But seriously with our level of coordination, it's probably just a matter of not making mistakes. I think we'll probably be perfectly capable of getting the original 4 done with this, plus another group with 2 or 3 more who need it. Maybe I'm being over-confident now =). They always tell us here at work to "plan for success" though.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
VoiceMan,Apr 14 2006, 10:52 AM Wrote:By the way, I didn't ask Vor_Lord if I should post this.&nbsp; He'd probably tell me not to, that it's not worth the anger it will cause, and he's probably right.&nbsp;

It's not worth it, and I think we've resolved it.

Drama! Icky!

Can we be done now? :)

It's GG's last Friday on Terenas -- I can't remember.... did he want to kill the Emperor?

At any rate people have posted their preferences and we could have as many as 14 lurkers on tonight:

Conc
Nashkara
Mogo
Marn
Necrali
Rogoll
Octord
Yuri
Fazuul
Keshoga
Wimpy
swirly
Mistique
Xarhud

Ranaros from Lost Souls has signed up is all the response there. We've got three healers (Nash I hope, Mogo, and Xarhud), two tanks (Wimpy and swirlywar), and 10 people counting Ranaros. Should be able to make some noise.

Wimpy did mention to me that he would prefer a 5 man, but anywhere is fine. He also will try this afternoon to finish the prep for the Tirion Fordring line so if a Scarlet Strat run happens he can get the OABP. Combined with his Skull of Gyth, Stockade Pauldrons, he's starting to accumulate some tanking gear.

Seems like our numbers are starting to be a bit more consistent, with the Lost Souls ZG is looking like an option again (or AQ20). Once Conc gets back I'd like to start those.

Who'll lead them? I know Mav has the most experience. Fazuul and I have a decent amount of ZG experience, so do Treesh and Yuri. Someone needs to be the raid leader.

Personally I think the first boss in AQ20 is pretty easy and fast to kill, and he drops upgrades to our spells <drools over new renew, PoH, and GH, wishes there was a Smite upgrade>. Just need at least two warriors and a bunch of DPS.
Plus don't forget the Perfect Poison quest, available from Cenarion Hold! There are some great weapon rewards, and you only have to kill Venoxis in ZG and Kurinnaxx in AQ20.
vor_lord,Apr 14 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:It's GG's last Friday on Terenas -- I can't remember.... did he want to kill the Emperor?

[right][snapback]107219[/snapback][/right]

I hope not for quest credit, reports are that it's still quite b0rked
vor_lord,Apr 14 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:It's not worth it, and I think we've resolved it.

Drama!&nbsp; Icky!

Can we be done now?&nbsp; :)

It's GG's last Friday on Terenas -- I can't remember.... did he want to kill the Emperor?

At any rate people have posted their preferences and we could have as many as 14 lurkers on tonight:

Conc
Nashkara
Mogo
Marn
Necrali
Rogoll
Octord
Yuri
Fazuul
Keshoga
Wimpy
swirly
Mistique
Xarhud

Ranaros from Lost Souls has signed up is all the response there.&nbsp; We've got three healers (Nash I hope, Mogo, and Xarhud), two tanks (Wimpy and swirlywar), and 10 people counting Ranaros.&nbsp; Should be able to make some noise.

Wimpy did mention to me that he would prefer a 5 man, but anywhere is fine.&nbsp; He also will try this afternoon to finish the prep for the Tirion Fordring line so if a Scarlet Strat run happens he can get the OABP.&nbsp; Combined with his Skull of Gyth, Stockade Pauldrons, he's starting to accumulate some tanking gear.

Seems like our numbers are starting to be a bit more consistent, with the Lost Souls ZG is looking like an option again (or AQ20).&nbsp; Once Conc gets back I'd like to start those.

Who'll lead them?&nbsp; I know Mav has the most experience. Fazuul and I have a decent amount of ZG experience, so do Treesh and Yuri.&nbsp; Someone needs to be the raid leader.

Personally I think the first boss in AQ20 is pretty easy and fast to kill, and he drops upgrades to our spells <drools over new renew, PoH, and GH, wishes there was a Smite upgrade>.&nbsp; Just need at least two warriors and a bunch of DPS.
[right][snapback]107219[/snapback][/right]

I'll go anywhere. I indicated my preferences for my rogue, but if those places don't work, I'll take my mage anywhere. My only hangup is start time. I'll be on early--maybe 7:00 server time. I will be most willing to start at 8:00 server time. But if it gets around 8:30 and my group hasn't begun, I might drop out.
Concillian,Apr 14 2006, 03:09 PM Wrote:I hope not for quest credit, reports are that it's still quite b0rked
[right][snapback]107228[/snapback][/right]

I do still need to kill the emp but yeah, it's still borked.

I still need to set off dawn's gambit in scholo.

I haven't killed Araj for the scholo key or the the Alas, Andorhal quest. Edit: Nope I need 2 thorium bars and have to hit the volcano in Un'Goro first. Forgot that step.

I've got the relic bundle for Battle of Darrowshire.

I still need to kill Urok Doomhowl in a 5 man in LBRS.

I still need to kill the prince in DM West and then go back into DM North to turn in the gauntlets.

I still need to kill Chornalis in Tanaris and then the next dragon that will come after then do some talking then get blood from Drakk.

I'm not sure if I've grabbed Balzanaar's head for the quest to kill the Baron or not.

I still need to kill Weldon Barov.

I think that covers the high end quests I've started (there is still a bunch of stuff in Sillyfus I never did).

So as usually I can go anywhere and benefit. I'm still looking for the black dragonscale leggings pattern that drops in BRD too. I know it doesn't matter since I'll never get to make them (made my shoulders today finally which puts me at 71 unbuffed FR now).

I don't have the T1 bracers, boots or chest. The rest of the gear I want is from DM North and West.

I don't care if I go into an instance or not though. Just want to play with you guys one more Friday night before I hang it up for a bit.

The one thing I don't really want to do is try and kill the Baron in 45 minutes. Just too much pressure on that and I don't want that, I want something more relaxed, where mistakes aren't going to be a an issue if they happen. You guys know I don't mind speed runs, but tonight is not the night for them for me. I'll go wherever. I know you want me to try and make decisions on this since it's my last friday for who knows how long, but I've never cared much in the past, I don't see why that should change now. I didn't really change my play style knowing I would be leaving. The only change is I pass more frequently on loot. Only grab upgrades now if it will be DE'd I see no point in contesting anyone for loot at this point. If we get the people though I guess the one thing I could say is that it would be cool to hit AQ20 with you guys. Just wish Durambar were still around for that.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Concillian,Apr 14 2006, 01:32 PM Wrote:I see this group and it screamed strat-live at me until I realized Wimpy probably hasn't done the pre-quests for Ornate Adamantium Breastplate.&nbsp; That would be a nice piece of gear to get on another tank.
[right][snapback]107216[/snapback][/right]

I'm sitting at Of Forgotten Memories on my way towards getting Ornate Adamantium Breastplate. Which of course I can't solo, after that there's 2 more quests before Strat Quest to get it.
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
Since it's GG's last Friday and I'm still not certain in a group here are some things I'm willing to do instance wise that he wants.
Quote:I haven't killed Araj for the scholo key or the the Alas, Andorhal quest.&nbsp; Edit:&nbsp; Nope I need 2 thorium bars and have to hit the volcano in Un'Goro first.&nbsp; Forgot that step.
Easy quest. Get those bars and we can kill this guy quick. Wham bam done!

Quote:I still need to kill the prince in DM West and then go back into DM North to turn in the gauntlets.
Another option I like. There is a healing ring the prince drops that isn't unique! Also the backwood helm is IMO the best blue a hunter can get. I've seen DPS warriors use this too.

Quote:I still need to kill Chornalis in Tanaris and then the next dragon that will come after then do some talking then get blood from Drakk.
I think this guy is soloable with a hunter. I'm trying to remember if I pulled that off or not. Either way it might be a fun thing to try. :D

Quote:I'm not sure if I've grabbed Balzanaar's head for the quest to kill the Baron or not.
There's a quest for this? :wacko:

Quote:I think that covers the high end quests I've started (there is still a bunch of stuff in Sillyfus I never did).
You didn't miss much. :lol:
Quote:So as usually I can go anywhere and benefit.&nbsp; I'm still looking for the black dragonscale leggings pattern that drops in BRD too.&nbsp; I know it doesn't matter since I'll never get to make them (made my shoulders today finally which puts me at 71 unbuffed FR now).
I don't have the T1 bracers, boots or chest.&nbsp; The rest of the gear I want is from DM North and West.
My hunter wears them its nothing special. It's a rough pattern to dig up too. :(

Quote:The one thing I don't really want to do is try and kill the Baron in 45 minutes.&nbsp; Just too much pressure on that and I don't want that, I want something more relaxed, where mistakes aren't going to be a an issue if they happen.&nbsp; You guys know I don't mind speed runs, but tonight is not the night for them for me.&nbsp; I'll go wherever.&nbsp; I know you want me to try and make decisions on this since it's my last friday for who knows how long, but I've never cared much in the past, I don't see why that should change now.&nbsp; I didn't really change my play style knowing I would be leaving.&nbsp; The only change is I pass more frequently on loot.&nbsp; Only grab upgrades now if it will be DE'd I see no point in contesting anyone for loot at this point.&nbsp; If we get the people though I guess the one thing I could say is that it would be cool to hit AQ20 with you guys.&nbsp; Just wish Durambar were still around for that.
As I said before, whoever expects to do a 45 minute run the first time can join the other group, so there really isn't an expectation to get this "right". I fully expect everyone their first few times to accidentally pull aggro they were not supposed to and potentially even wipe the group. The first few times are for practice I don't care who you are or how well you are geared. I'd call any 45 minute runs we might con you into doing a sucess if we just got you your set boots.
WimpySmurf,Apr 14 2006, 04:47 PM Wrote:I'm sitting at Of Forgotten Memories on my way towards getting Ornate Adamantium Breastplate.&nbsp; Which of course I can't solo, after that there's 2 more quests before Strat Quest to get it.
[right][snapback]107241[/snapback][/right]
I'll check in earlier and give you a hand if you are on.
Results for one of the groups:

1. Wipe at fountain before third ziggurat, 27 minutes left. Definitely our best start, as the Baroness fight went very very well compared to the other attempts. Tempting her to MC the mage who can ice block out went fine that time, didn't work other times.
2. About 5 minutes too slow
3. About 3 minutes too slow (Necrali body pulled an extra group which was most of the difference)

We learned a bunch of things on the third run, after the bad body pull we tried to make it up. We went much faster, but nothing made up for the extra minutes lost on the Baroness and the body pull.
  • Healer mana is not the limiter, it is DPS mana.<>
  • Fazuul did not need to backup heal much -- pure DPS gear next time.<>
  • With Innervate and potions, Necrali can go full smite DPS to speed things along.<>
  • This is an absolute blast to try.<>
  • Running for set pants in the future should be quite a bit faster.<>
    [st]
Okay after last night here is a revised and more detailed map with some tips added. The red line is the path you should ALWAYS walk, even when out of combat. I circled the most problematic adds that should be skipped in yellow.

Clicky

A few other things:
  • Healer should not be pulling. Not because of damage, but because I was never OOC to drink.<>
  • 2 shamans a group does not make. To me it felt like too much of one thing for the group to really progress efficently. WTB a rogue or warlock. :D <>
  • Baroness sucks.<>
  • After some testing I don't think a mage with blues can solo the ziggurats so an off healer should help him out while the rest of the group starts the next pulls.<>
  • Pass BOP unless you want it. Enchanters greed it and disenchant when the run or time is up.<>
  • Baroness really sucks.<>
    [st]