New patch 1.10.2 on the test realms
The minor patch 1.10.2 has been placed on the player test realms. This is the first minor patch to be tested in this way. The patch notes are as follows:

Quote:World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.10.2

General

Guild Recruitment channel functionality has been improved to be turned off for players already in guilds, and turned on for players not in guilds by default.
Fixed a bug which caused players to drop from combat after destroying a totem.
Fixed a soft-lock bug that occurred under certain conditions when players were near ships, zeppelins, elevators, and the Deeprun Tram.

Mages

Arcane Power: This aura will no longer stack with Power Infusion. If you use it, Arcane Power's aura will replace Power Infusion's aura.

Paladins

Holy Shock will now be guaranteed to crit when used offensively while Divine Favor is active.
Eye for an Eye will now properly produce its damage effect on the attacking caster.

Priests

Inner Fire: Rank 3 will no longer have charges consumed when Power Word: Shield is active.
Power Infusion: This aura will no longer stack with Arcane Power. If you attempt to cast it on someone with Arcane Power, the spell will fail.
Starshards: Ranks 1 and 2 inadvertently received too much bonus from spell damage, while Rank 7 received no bonus from spell damage. Each of those ranks are now fixed to receive the correct bonus.

Rogues

Fixed a bug which prevented Vanish from working properly under certain conditions.
Seal Fate will now correctly provide a bonus combat point upon landing a critical strike.

Warlocks

Improved Shadow Bolt will now proc properly after landing a critical strike with Shadow Bolt.

Warriors

Rage generated from Unbridled Wrath and Shield Specialization will now display properly in the combat log.

Mac

Fixed a client crash caused by weather effects when running OS 10.3.9.

World Environment

Players should no longer become dismounted while riding through certain areas of the Undercity.
Fixed a number of clipping issues and awkward turns discovered throughout various chained flight paths.
Certain creatures in Eastern Plaguelands weren't providing reputation gain with the Argent Dawn. This has been fixed.

In games' notes but not in that list:

Mages:
Arcane Missiles: This ability will no longer break Vanish off rogues.

Honestly, though, I'd give up all the beneficial Rogue changes (save Seal Fate, that's a build breaker) if they even acknowledged that they broke Blade Flurry. It's the one bug they haven't even responded about, let alone say "we'll fix this sometime."
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
MongoJerry,Apr 20 2006, 04:40 AM Wrote:The minor patch 1.10.2 has been placed on the player test realms.  This is the first minor patch to be tested in this way.  The patch notes are as follows:
[right][snapback]107829[/snapback][/right]

You mean, Blade Flurry and backstab? Mine's been working fine -- I've been able to pull off some cool things with mobs pretty well apart using BF, now. It's all about positioning.
castille,Apr 20 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:You mean, Blade Flurry and backstab? Mine's been working fine -- I've been able to pull off some cool things with mobs pretty well apart using BF, now. It's all about positioning.
[right][snapback]107855[/snapback][/right]

You're right. I'm ignorant on the way of Rogues, how they worked before, and how they work now.

Something changed. It changed to the point where (given the same positioning as 1.9) all my normal attacks are still transferring, the vast majority of my Sinister Strikes transfer, and half my backstabs transfer if I'm lucky.

It's broken.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 20 2006, 04:24 AM Wrote:Honestly, though, I'd give up all the beneficial Rogue changes (save Seal Fate, that's a build breaker) if they even acknowledged that they broke Blade Flurry.  It's the one bug they haven't even responded about, let alone say "we'll fix this sometime."
[right][snapback]107835[/snapback][/right]

Sweeping strikes has the same issue. It doesn't work at full melee range, and eats charges of SS, you need to get both mobs in close to get damage to both, which isn't very easy.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Apr 20 2006, 12:59 PM Wrote:Sweeping strikes has the same issue.  It doesn't work at full melee range, and eats charges of SS, you need to get both mobs in close to get damage to both, which isn't very easy.
[right][snapback]107868[/snapback][/right]

It's also "slow" to deliver the damage at times. I've had sweeping strikes damage pop in the log a good second or two after it was done and other swings had happened.

It was kinda like the combo point thing, where you would get it, but about a second after the attack hit.

But I've also seen the charges get eaten and no damage come from it because of range inssues.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quark,Apr 20 2006, 11:49 AM Wrote:You're right.  I'm ignorant on the way of Rogues, how they worked before, and how they work now.

Something changed.  It changed to the point where (given the same positioning as 1.9) all my normal attacks are still transferring, the vast majority of my Sinister Strikes transfer, and half my backstabs transfer if I'm lucky.

It's broken.
[right][snapback]107859[/snapback][/right]

That's kinda why I asked, because I had been seeing lag, but not eaten charges. I know a thing or two about playing rogues, too. Since I'm not very position dependant, however, I have the advantage of being able to move in and out of immediate range, moving around my target until I get the right spot. I've been able to get BF to hit with targets that were at least 8 yds away from each other by placing myself just inside of melee range on the one, with my back to the other, and watched it work.

Sometimes, a question is just for clarification.

Edit: I've also been seeing this same kind of 'move lag' with Vampiric Embrace on Genkar. Sometimes, the VE ticks will seem sporadic -- often, I'll mind flay, mind blast, mind flay, and I'll see the VE ticks from the mind blast after the ones for the secondary mind flay start.
Another nice tidbit was revealed today by Eyonix:

Eyonix Wrote:While it's not completely in-line with your dream parody, I do believe that you'll be happy to hear that in the next patch, the Dire Maul Librams will no longer be a requirement for the Zul'Gurub enchantments. Instead, a new item drop from either Bloodlord Mandokir or Jin'do the Hexxer, along with the class appropriate Voodoo doll will be all that is necessary, making these enchants much more accessible to players.

We do plan to incorporate additional use for the Librams, but the specifics are yet to be determined.

The post isn't clear about whether this will be in 1.10.2 or 1.11, but I assume that since this would be considered new content, it won't come out until 1.11. Thank God for this change, even though it's six months too late. Still this mere posting is having an effect. Libram of Focus prices have dropped from 600g each to 200g each on Tichondrius in one day!
Quark,Apr 20 2006, 11:49 AM Wrote:Something changed.  It changed to the point where (given the same positioning as 1.9) all my normal attacks are still transferring, the vast majority of my Sinister Strikes transfer, and half my backstabs transfer if I'm lucky.

It's broken.

Hmm, interesting point being bandied about -- maybe it's checking the position of the second mob to you.
Quark,Apr 20 2006, 12:49 PM Wrote:It's broken.

Standard Community Manager response #1412-A3:

Working as intended.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Sadly, it seems that 1.11 is not going to be coming anytime soon, even though we've heard repeated promises of increasing turnover for patches. 1.10 was supposed to be a fast patch (before they switched to D2 sets which likely set them back), but now that's gone, I thought that this would've gone quicker, as the dungeon group could've still worked on the big dungeon while 1.10 was being tested and everything.

Tseric said:
Quote:I realize you don't want to wait, but 1.11 is a ways off, so we aren't exactly pressed for time.
Linky

EDIT: found some other info concerning 1.11 which may upset a few people. It seems that another region will be getting the Mage talent review information before the US.
Tseric said:
Quote:This patch release is being handled a little differently than previous patches and/or reviews. There are other exclusive considerations which determine the timing of this informations release. It's a PR thing and I am playing along with events as they are laid out for me ;)
Linky2
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Raelynn,Apr 20 2006, 05:17 PM Wrote:Sadly, it seems that 1.11 is not going to be coming anytime soon, even though we've heard repeated promises of increasing turnover for patches.  1.10 was supposed to be a fast patch (before they switched to D2 sets which likely set them back), but now that's gone, I thought that this would've gone quicker, as the dungeon group could've still worked on the big dungeon while 1.10 was being tested and everything.

I don't see how this is a surprise. There are patches and then there are patches. 1.11 is going to include two class reviews along with the largest dungeon ever released in the game along with some sort of related outdoor content. This is going to be a massive release, the last piece of major content to be released before the expansion. There will be another class review or two in 1.12, but pretty much you're looking at 1.11 being the big motherlode of content to be released before the expansion, and in many ways it will likely be designed to prepare us for the expansion. As I've said in other threads, I wouldn't expect the patch to come before June and the end of June is when I really expect it.
MongoJerry,Apr 20 2006, 06:33 PM Wrote:There will be another class review or two in 1.12, but pretty much you're looking at 1.11 being the big motherlode of content to be released before the expansion, and in many ways it will likely be designed to prepare us for the expansion.  As I've said in other threads, I wouldn't expect the patch to come before June and the end of June is when I really expect it.
[right][snapback]107912[/snapback][/right]

Just a hunch, but I think there will be another 5 person dungeon before the xpansion. Also, I think beginning of June is optimistic. 18 raid bosses and a world event?
oldmandennis,Apr 20 2006, 11:54 PM Wrote:Just a hunch, but I think there will be another 5 person dungeon before the xpansion.[right][snapback]107922[/snapback][/right]

I wish, but I don't think so.
Perhaps they could also add to the patch some fix for all those quests that appearantly have worked but now no longer does.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
MongoJerry,Apr 20 2006, 10:33 PM Wrote:I don't see how this is a surprise.  There are patches and then there are patches.  1.11 is going to include two class reviews along with the largest dungeon ever released in the game along with some sort of related outdoor content.  This is going to be a massive release, the last piece of major content to be released before the expansion.  There will be another class review or two in 1.12, but pretty much you're looking at 1.11 being the big motherlode of content to be released before the expansion, and in many ways it will likely be designed to prepare us for the expansion.  As I've said in other threads, I wouldn't expect the patch to come before June and the end of June is when I really expect it.
[right][snapback]107912[/snapback][/right]
I only mention this because I remember somewhere a CM claiming the 1.10 would have a much quicker turnover. This was before they decided on moving Naxx to 1.11, which would imply that a good deal of work was already done on Naxx. They wanted to get Naxx out for 1.10 and get it out quickly? What's slowing them down for 1.11 then?

I'm not surprised about it in all truth. I'm expected late June at the earliest. Then 1.12 will likely be a PvP patch.

I've heard people mention something about a 5-man dungeon before the expansion, however all the comments that I personally have seen lead me to believe that 5-man dungeons are on the shelf until the expansion.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
castille,Apr 20 2006, 12:16 PM Wrote:Hmm, interesting point being bandied about -- maybe it's checking the position of the second mob to you.
[right][snapback]107888[/snapback][/right]

Or even the positioning of the primary target to the secondary target? Blade Flurry's always been a bit quirky.

And Quark, I'd be very curious to see your build, if I may be so bold as to ask that you post it.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek