Hockey Playoffs!
...And they sign him to a 4-yr contract. Things are getting mighty interesting in the Northwest, which is the most-talented division, top-to-bottom, in the NHL, IMO. Last year's have-nots, the Canucks and Wild, are packing on some talent.

The Wild added Demitra, although they gave up a highly-prized prospect to get him. Since he's Gaborik's buddy, maybe pretty-boy Marion will sign for less than the Franchise-Player amount he's been demanding (and hasn't yet earned). Maybe having Demitra around makes him into Franchise Player.

Now the penurious Wild owernship cabal needs to authorize the signing of Chara, and we'll have 50% of the starting lineup of the Slovak National team on our roster. Whoo-hoo! :w00t:

Closed-circuit to DeeBye: Domi is done. Alas!
Quote:Closed-circuit to DeeBye: Domi is done. Alas!

Now it's time to finally buy a Wade Belak jersey :w00t:

In all seriousness, I'll miss Tie Domi. He wasn't a fan favourite in Toronto for nothing. He was the little guy that didn't have much skill, but made up for it with a lot of heart. He fought anyone and everyone in the league and usually came out on top. When he didn't, you could hardly tell because his giant melon was almost invulnerable to damage. He's a good family guy and did tons of charity work in the community. He dressed up as Santa Claus at Christmas and gave presents to sick kids in the hospital, often without the media knowing about it until afterwards. It's easy to be a Domi fan.

Plus, he brought me the funniest thing I've ever seen in a hockey game.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...9723272300

Also, it looks like Gary Roberts is trying to get his arse back to Toronto. Florida has said they will try to work out a deal to make that happen. I don't know how I feel about it yet, but I love the way Roberts plays.
What a "WILD" day in free agent signings....

pun intentional.

Parrish? :w00t:

Carney? :unsure: Best years are behind him.

Johnsson? :huh: He's soft.

hate to see Willie Mitchell going to a Northwest foe.....

Leafs pick up Kubina --> Did they overpay?
Quote:What a "WILD" day in free agent signings....
pun intentional.

Parrish? :w00t:

Carney? :unsure: Best years are behind him.

Johnsson? :huh: He's soft.

hate to see Willie Mitchell going to a Northwest foe.....
Leafs pick up Kubina --> Did they overpay?

I wish I had some more time to think of a thoughtful reply, especially with so much going on! I'll see if I can't sum up some replies on the Wild tomorrow morning.

Some other big things that have happened that excite me include:

Edmonton signing Roloson to a three year 11 million dollar contract. Also getting Pisani to ink a 4 year deal as well (let's hope he can keep up the play he showed in the playoff).

Senators saying goodbye to Hasek. What do you think was the motivation? Too old? Too injuring prone? Past history of questionable nerves in the playoffs? It sounds like a silly comparison, but Hasek reminds me of Roger Clemens. As he gets older everyone wants to write him off, but looking back at his performance last year he's clearly still got it when he's healthy. Is this a loss for the Sens, or is the new Gerber/Emery combination a big plus?

Can the Bruins turn around after an abysmal season? Will Chara and Savard make a big enough difference? Will the organization find its feet after the shake up on the coaching/upper management staff? Will new drafty Kessel make up for the loss of Thorton in any way?

So many questions. Of course not much can be answered until the start of next season. Till then, let the speculation begin!:)

Cheers,

Munk

Quote:Leafs pick up Kubina --> Did they overpay?

Absolutely. The Toronto Maple Leafs have a long and storied history of overpaying free agents. Kubina is a good lad, but he's not worth what he will be paid. I look forward to him playing though. I think that the Leafs will have a pretty good blue line next season.

The Hal Gill signing makes me weep. I cannot get the image of Gill and Belak manning the blue line duties together at the same time out of my head.

The only thing I hope for is that next year will certainly be the end of the Wild losing 28 (count 'em -- 28) one-goal games in a season.

With the offensive firepower they've added, those days are over.