My first miniguide about tanking
Hello fellow lurkers.

I wrote up a little guide to tanking trashmobs in MC, mainly to help new warriors in our raid alliance. Maybe there is something useful in it for some of you.

find it here.

If anybody would rather read it directly on the Lounge, I can do a copy/paste job, no problem :)

Comments very welcome, also corrections etc. from the more experienced warriors here.

thanks for reading
take care
Nuurabsaal/Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
I forgot to add that a few things directly relate to our raids.

Hope it doesn't cause confusion :)

take care
Nuurabsaal/Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Excellent! As MT for my guild, this should help a lot when we start in MC sometime soon.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Apr 23 2006, 10:58 AM Wrote:Excellent! As MT for my guild, this should help a lot when we start in MC sometime soon.
[right][snapback]108070[/snapback][/right]

A comment on the imps and other stuff: Better for an offtank to challenge shout the imps and die than to let them eat the raid, but best to let the best-geared tanks do it that the healers are already watching . If he stays up for 3-4 seconds, that's going to pretty well finish the imps. (Yes, I can do this and live now) This is part of the healers' learning curve after all, to be able to catch this kind of thing, and keep people up. Death is part of a tank's job description, even when your group can clear the place in 3 hours. I've had *one* MC run where I didn't die at all, and I was ST for that run. ;P

I get killed on Lava Reavers more than anything else in MC. The healers I think forget how hard they hit, and are busy with healing all the fire damage being tossed around...and, I'm in FR gear. But even that, they catch most of the time.

--Mav
Good observations about the imps, thanks.

While we are not yet able to reliably clear MC to domo under 4 hours (we do it most of the time, and we, for some reason, don't try to really improve on our time), we have pretty high dps in the raid. So imps don't stay up for long, as you mentioned. I definitly agree on the "dieing is part of the job" part :) I think I experienced three or four no-death runs through MC since we started in october (with wiping at Luci after 3 hours of getting there :D). Good thing plate repairs are cheap...hey, wait a second!

And Lava Packs really are a pain, especially with lazy/unlucky warlocks, one of our own almost started crying when he got flak at TS for not banishing. Stupid mob had resisted three in a row :). Note to self: more than 2 warlocks help, Garr was fun with two shaman offtanking.

I'll add a "Offtanking at bosses" part to it in the near future, since that's were a few painful mistakes are possible in my experience.

Mostly burning Intimidating shout before Luci, not getting permastunned by Gehennas' adds and why not to tank Domo adds in the fire pit :)

thanks for the comment
take care
Nuurabsaal/Tarabulus

I'll remember you.
Curse of Shadows can help keep a Reaver (etc) banished. It also takes a cooldown that could be used for a banish attempt and can itself be resisted, so is no panacea. The pet helps.
Warlock,Apr 23 2006, 03:44 PM Wrote:Curse of Shadows can help keep a Reaver (etc) banished. It also takes a cooldown that could be used for a banish attempt and can itself be resisted, so is no panacea. The pet helps.
[right][snapback]108075[/snapback][/right]

Since you'll generally have at least 4 or 5 warriors I like to have one or two warriors attempt to smack the elementals that are to be banished (hunter pets on them are good too) to give the locks more time and if you generate enough aggro it will come for the warrior when it comes out of banish as well, which is good in most cases, giving time to rebanish or just tank it down.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I think I even covered that in my guide ;)

not the curse part though

take care
Tarabulus

I'll remember you.