some extracted columns
Heiho,

I've compiled some columns for personal use. Maybe it's useful to someone else.
Beware, the file is huge (ca 210kB)
monstats.txt

I've skipped all that bunnies and camels business. If I was in doubt wether a unit is actually used I didn't skip it.
Maybe it would be nice to rearrange the groupings a bit, but that is a job I don't have the time to do. After all, it's the order of the two original files, so you see at least what units are Act5 guests and what are only used in the Uber levels.

<edit>
<strike>oh, and I just have noticed I accidentially skipped the act2 hireling and the rogue, the rogue listed in the table is one of the standing-around-and-looking-eager kind in camp. Will fix it soon.</strike>
<edit#2>
corrected version online, removed spare column, added act2guard (and BW/BP at one go ^^), corrected Rogue regen and aidel;
this English glossary is now also included in the document, because the few people who are maybe interested could want to save the HTML file locally

<edit#3>
added further extracted column documents
animdata.d2, about 55kB, big thankfully bag of peanuts to RTB,
skills.txt, about 90kB
and
weapons.txt, about 150kB
- all documents are 1.11b, but the listed values really shouldn't differ from 1.10 and 1.11
- glossary in english at the very bottom of each page if necessary

<edit#4>
ok, I've filed through my notes, and maybe parts of the following documents are also of interest to the non-german readers.

armor.txt

---

bagful of peanuts to Zath, the hireling stats compared (needs Frames):

all Rogues

all Blessed Aim and Defiance guys

all Prayer guys

the thorny guys

the mighty guys

the holy freezers

all cold wolves

all fire wolves

all lightning wolves

all Barbies

---

the areaLevels of all maps
special peanut to Ruvanal

---

tables regarding FHR, FBR, FCR, Cast Delay
special peanut to RTB for the Sequence tables

Don't be worried about the German text :-)
Feel free to ask if there's something wrong or unclear.
</edit_all>
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Heiho,

I've added some more files, so the topic subtitle isn't correct anymore.
Again I've only listed columns of special interest for me to keep the files manageable.

A complete set of 1.11 txt files is available here, 300kB. You'll need a dearchiving tool and a spreadsheet viewer capable of opening _big_ CSV tables to look into that files.
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
librarian,May 2 2006, 05:27 PM Wrote:Heiho,

I've added some more files, so the topic subtitle isn't correct anymore.
Again I've only listed columns of special interest for me to keep the files manageable.

A complete set of 1.11 txt files is available here, 300kB. You'll need a dearchiving tool and a spreadsheet viewer capable of opening _big_ CSV tables to look into that files.
[right][snapback]108735[/snapback][/right]

Hi librarian

I downloaded and extracted the files, and just now was doing some searching on the subject of monster threat factors.

But I have not found (or perhaps just not been able to interpret) the data to figure out what caused a phenomenon I noticed in a game last night.

I was soloing a Paladin Cleric (Skills = Holy Bolt, Prayer, Fist of Heavens, Conviction and Holy Shield) in Act 1 Hell. I encountered Goatmen (Nightlord version) in The Black Marsh. Since they are immune to Lightning, I was trying the tactic of retreating behind my mercenary to get them to engage him and then spamming Holy Bolt at him to keep him alive while he tanked and killed them.

But they didn't want to engage the mercenary. :( Even when he ran circles around the mercenary to make sure he was 'in their way' they persisted in following the Paladin. He had to tp to town, go back to the WP and cautiously advance again, trying to get the merc to notice them and advance, to have any chance that they would target him and not the Paladin.

So, is there something different about Goatman AI that I should be noting in those tables, and then cross-checking for the other monster types that might have such an AI, for further solo foray?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,May 4 2006, 03:34 AM Wrote:Hi librarian

I downloaded and extracted the files, and just now was doing some searching on the subject of monster threat factors.

But I have not found (or perhaps just not been able to interpret) the data to figure out what caused a phenomenon I noticed in a game last night.

I was soloing a Paladin Cleric (Skills = Holy Bolt, Prayer, Fist of Heavens, Conviction and Holy Shield) in Act 1 Hell.&nbsp; I encountered Goatmen (Nightlord version) in The Dark Woods.&nbsp; Since they are immune to Lightning, I was trying the tactic of retreating behind my mercenary to get them to engage him and then spamming Holy Bolt at him to keep him alive while he tanked and killed them.

But they didn't want to engage the mercenary.&nbsp; &nbsp; :(&nbsp; &nbsp; Even when he ran circles around the mercenary to make sure he was 'in their way' they persisted in following the Paladin.&nbsp; &nbsp; He had to tp to town, go back to the WP and cautiously advance again, trying to get the merc to notice them and advance, to have any chance that they would target him and not the Paladin.&nbsp;

So, is there something different about Goatman AI that I should be noting in those tables, and then cross-checking for the other monster types that might have such an AI, for further solo foray?
[right][snapback]108932[/snapback][/right]

There is a weird bug that might explain it.

Often-to-always if the merc ends up far enough behind you that he has to warp to your location, he'll be ignored from that point forward by most-to-all monsters. It's as extreme as your description, so it seems to match in that way.

OTOH, it wouldn't just be Goatmen which would be a problem in that case. Also, the only way I know of to make that particular bug inactive is to start a new game.
Heiho,

first, there is nothing special in Goatmen's AI I'm aware of.
You can check it using Nefarius AI Compendium, which is by now a downloadable *.pdf file, Version 0.5.
monstats.txt lists only some parameters more or less covered in monai.txt, and monai.txt is just a commentary file (which sadly is not so much commentaring), most of AI stuff is hardcoded. Even the aidist column in monstats.txt is empty, the parameter columns aside there is only the aidel column and the threat column which are related to behaviour of units.

It's a wild guess, but I think it was a bosspack of goatmen chasing you. I've noticed often that the bossminion AI is a bit different, minions will follow the routines of their boss. Usually it's good enough to disturb a chasing monster via some obstacle, and the hireling usually fulfills the role of an obstacle. Along with a bosspack the boss itself must be disturbed, because its minions will ignore any obstacle and try to home at the target the boss determines.

If it wasn't a bosspack I'm lost and can only give some gibberish advice like 'surely it was lag', 'your hireling really studied some fine piece of masonry some yards behind you' or 'your smell was more attractive to goats like the one of your hireling'. Well, you've got the idea ...
<edit>
uh-oh. heiho BeB, I really haven't noticed your answer oO
</edit>

side note: Prayer aside I have a very similar build. As you may know from Basin readings I'm a big fan of Conversion. Works fine for me, and I even don't have a melee hireling but a Rogue. Her job, killing of LIs aside, is mainly to disturb enemies all the time, so she wears Face of Horror.
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
librarian,May 4 2006, 09:58 AM Wrote:uh-oh. heiho BeB, I really haven't noticed your answer oO

[right][snapback]108948[/snapback][/right]

Heh, it's there though. :) Once you start looking for it, it's quite dramatic. And it's as least as much an advantage as a disadvantage if one is interested in exploiting it.

Ever noticed that sometimes your merc never gets cursed by OKs in the CS or WSK?
librarian,May 4 2006, 12:58 PM Wrote:It's a wild guess, but I think it was a bosspack of goatmen chasing you. I've noticed often that the bossminion AI is a bit different, minions will follow the routines of their boss. Usually it's good enough to disturb a chasing monster via some obstacle, and the hireling usually fulfills the role of an obstacle. Along with a bosspack the boss itself must be disturbed, because its minions will ignore any obstacle and try to home at the target the boss determines.

Aha ! That could explain it. I encountered one boss pack and one champion pack of them, before finding the exit and proceeding to the Tamoe Highlands in search of easier prey. :blush:

Quote:side note: Prayer aside I have a very similar build. As you may know from Basin readings I'm a big fan of Conversion. Works fine for me, and I even don't have a melee hireling but a Rogue. Her job, killing of LIs aside, is mainly to disturb enemies all the time, so she wears Face of Horror.
[right][snapback]108948[/snapback][/right]

I do have a point in Conversion (just to get to FoH). I will give that a try next foray. Thanks for the reminder. :)

bigeyedbug Wrote:There is a weird bug that might explain it.

Often-to-always if the merc ends up far enough behind you that he has to warp to your location, he'll be ignored from that point forward by most-to-all monsters. It's as extreme as your description, so it seems to match in that way.

I did know about that bug, but discounted it as the problem because it was not in effect once I exited The Black Marsh and encountered Flesh Archers, Skeleton Archers and Fallen. Although I did have to flee err.. execute a rapid tactical retreat from one Flesh Archer Boss Pack, before they were strung out enough to start picking them off one by one. *whew*
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Heiho,

added some stuff which is maybe useful, too.
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids