Scepter quest line
Our guild was going back and forth about weather it would be worth it to try and repeat the Scepter of shifting sands quest line for all the goodies it drops.

Our specific question is about the green line. Does anybody know if the green dragonkin drop their fragments for everybody on the quest?
Someone has been trying to sell the recipe for Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops (from the questline) for 10,000 gold on my server.

As a cook who formerly had all the cooking recipes in the game, I sure wish there was a practical way of getting this, even without completing the rest of the scepter questline! :)
I'd say to save the green line for last since it's some annoying grinding, then those who want to do it sometime can get a small raid together to go dragon hunting.

As for the "raid bosses", we've taken to doing them before an actual raid, as a warmup of sorts before hitting an instance. We'll form up in Azshara and take down Maws before BWL, or pay a visit to Dr. Weevil and Onyxia before a quick MC clear. Make it a guild activity and encourage people to go just for the fun of it and you'll find lots of willing participants.
See you in Town,
-Z
We've been doing the red line for as many people as possible, since it's so easy compared to the other lines and gives some good shadow resistance equipment. Some people have actually worked on the blue and green lines, though. You're right that the farming of the shards off the dragonkin is a major stumbling block. The belief of my guildmates is that only one person can pick up the shards at a time, but I'm not willing to commit to that.
MongoJerry,May 3 2006, 10:52 AM Wrote:We've been doing the red line for as many people as possible
[right][snapback]108840[/snapback][/right]

If you have done this before, could I ask you something? For someone to start the chain, do they need to loot the head of the Broodlord Lashlayer? Or do they merely need to become neutral with the Brood of Nozdormu?

I wasn't clear on if getting the head actually started the chain, or simply allowed you to gather the fragments needed to become neutral if AQ40 wasn't open yet.
Zarathustra,May 3 2006, 07:48 AM Wrote:We'll form up in Azshara and take down Maws before BWL, or pay a visit to Dr. Weevil and Onyxia before a quick MC clear.  Make it a guild activity and encourage people to go just for the fun of it and you'll find lots of willing participants.
[right][snapback]108837[/snapback][/right]

Maws a single drop?

The reason we are particularly looking at green right now is the NR gear.
Xanthix,May 3 2006, 09:48 AM Wrote:If you have done this before, could I ask you something? For someone to start the chain, do they need to loot the head of the Broodlord Lashlayer? Or do they merely need to become neutral with the Brood of Nozdormu?

I wasn't clear on if getting the head actually started the chain, or simply allowed you to gather the fragments needed to become neutral if AQ40 wasn't open yet.
[right][snapback]108853[/snapback][/right]

You have to get the head of Broodlord. Without that, you cannot start down the chain of quests.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
oldmandennis,May 3 2006, 12:39 PM Wrote:Maws a single drop?

The reason we are particularly looking at green right now is the NR gear.
[right][snapback]108863[/snapback][/right]

I'm fairly certain each enemy along the way is a single drop.

They do seem to have quick respawns, though. I know Dr. Weevil is something alnog the lines of 15 minutes.
See you in Town,
-Z
Xanthix,May 3 2006, 09:48 AM Wrote:If you have done this before, could I ask you something? For someone to start the chain, do they need to loot the head of the Broodlord Lashlayer? Or do they merely need to become neutral with the Brood of Nozdormu?

[right][snapback]108853[/snapback][/right]

The Broodlord Lashlayer head is needed to start all the chains, so yes, it is necessary.

Quote:They do seem to have quick respawns, though. I know Dr. Weevil is something alnog the lines of 15 minutes.

The boss mobs are easy. The trouble is the drop rate on the dragonkin in the Hinterlands, Azshara, and Ashenvale. It took several solid days of farming them with groups of 10-20 people to get all the pieces for one of our players. That was fine back when everything was new, but nobody wants to do that again just for some marginal gear, even if the NR neck is useful. (Of course, for one of our players, we got it all done in like 2 hours. *sigh*) If we could get past that hump, it'd be easy to arrange to complete the rest of the steps.
I can confirm that only one person can loot the nightmare fragments for the green scepter shard quest. We've had nightmare fragments drop while we were clearing dragonkin before taking on one of the green dragons. Only one person with the quest could loot them.

As for the practicality of farming nightmare fragments for everyone on the quest line, all I have to say is "good luck". This grind is only slightly less annoying that collecting 48,000 slithid carapaces. The Maws potion of the blue quest line is also difficult to complete, as it requires 10 elementium to create the buoy. With so many people clamoring over the blessed qiraji items I doubt guilds will be able to spare their elementium for a very long time.

Like MongoJerry said, the only part of the quest that is easy to complete on a weekly basis is the red shard scepter. Thankfully the shadow resist rewards are pretty good. :)
Tempestria - 34 Human Warlock - Stormrage
Threnody - 60 Undead Warlock - Dalvengyr (retired)
Zenobia - 60 Tauren Shaman - Dalvengyr (retired)
Threnody,May 5 2006, 01:08 PM Wrote:As for the practicality of farming nightmare fragments for everyone on the quest line, all I have to say is "good luck". This grind is only slightly less annoying that collecting 48,000 slithid carapaces. The Maws potion of the blue quest line is also difficult to complete, as it requires 10 elementium to create the buoy. With so many people clamoring over the blessed qiraji items I doubt guilds will be able to spare their elementium for a very long time.

[right][snapback]109013[/snapback][/right]

Can one buoy be used for multiple Maws summons? if so, is it practical to have 1 per guild?
Quote:Can one buoy be used for multiple Maws summons? if so, is it practical to have 1 per guild?

Not right now. And that's seriously holding us back and causing a bit of drama over why one of the guild leaders was allowed to spend 10 elementium and now that a few others want to do that step, we can't spare it.

Understandable, as we don't want to gimp our reserves... but frustrating nonetheless.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Not right now. And that's seriously holding us back and causing a bit of drama over why one of the guild leaders was allowed to spend 10 elementium and now that a few others want to do that step, we can't spare it.

Next patch, the buoy will only cost 1 elementium.
Quote:Next patch, the buoy will only cost 1 elementium.

Though I'd gladly take your word for it, do you have a link to your source that I could use for future plans? We're working out the way to divy up Elementium between the guild right now based on our point system, etc., and it'd help get the ball rolling on the whole thing.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Though I'd gladly take your word for it, do you have a link to your source that I could use for future plans? We're working out the way to divy up Elementium between the guild right now based on our point system, etc., and it'd help get the ball rolling on the whole thing.

My completely infallable source is heresay from my guildmates when discussing the scepter line. We have several people working on it, too, including myself -- although I'm hampered on the blue line by still being Hostile with Gadgetzan. Only 8,000 more pirates left to kill!

I'll try to find out what their source was. They seemed confident about the information, though, like it was information everyone should already know.
Quote:My completely infallable source is heresay from my guildmates when discussing the scepter line. We have several people working on it, too, including myself -- although I'm hampered on the blue line by still being Hostile with Gadgetzan. Only 8,000 more pirates left to kill!

I'll try to find out what their source was. They seemed confident about the information, though, like it was information everyone should already know.

PTR maybe?
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:PTR maybe?

I just had a guildmate go over to the test realm to see. 10 elementium still, dang it.
With Arethor I've done the Red Line (no reason not to) and I've done the blue line up to completing the book (well actually have 1 page left to go, darn Blasted Lands farming). I know that I will not be facing Maws and have no intention of completing the green line. With how often my guild focuses on green dragons it would basically require me to just go out and grind the dragonkin on my own, just not worth it to me.

Everything up to this point has been very easy and provides a nice amount of gold to boot. If you have Broodlord on farm, there's no reason that all the people in your guild can't do atleast that much. Unfortunately the single drops on each of the items, and the crappy rate on the shards make the green line to be quite unreasonable for multiple people to do.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Dear MongoJerry and helpful others,

After you complete the whole questline, will you be able to claim weapon quest reward (ie. Runesword of the Red) ?? even AQ gate has been opened long long ago.

Puzzled :wacko:
I've heard from a couple of places that you can still get the weapons, but the mount is unavailable.