Key Rings
Good news about Key Rings, if this screenshot from a Chinese WoW site is correct. It shows the key ring as being its own "bag" next to one's equippable bags, meaning the ring itself will take up zero inventory space...

[Image: 1key0oa.jpg]
See you in Town,
-Z
Oh I like them even more if that is true! I liked them a lot to begin with too. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
:blink:
Ramala will save one inventory slot after all!

:ph34r:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Fabulous news!
Zarathustra,May 9 2006, 04:28 PM Wrote:meaning the ring itself will take up zero inventory space...
[right][snapback]109402[/snapback][/right]
It would make it even better if it held things like the Scepter of Celebras
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,May 9 2006, 04:27 PM Wrote:It would make it even better if it held things like the Scepter of Celebras
[right][snapback]109420[/snapback][/right]

Onyxia key, ring of ascention, mallet of Zul'Farrak... here's hoping.
Heh, a mallet on your keyring! :D
http://ctprofiles.net/24532 <-- Bhak lvl 60 Priest
Confirmed: from the WoW 'Under Development' page

Quote: Free up some of your bank and inventory space with the introduction of keyrings! Keyrings are automatically available to players once the patch goes live. Keys found throughout the world will automatically go on the keyring. Level 1-39 players will have 4 key slots, level 40-49 players will have 8 key slots, and level 50-60 players will have 12 key slots.
Something that is LOOOOOONG overdue.
Berkman - Fury Warrior of Alleria
I heard from people on the test realms that keyrings do not hold the Onyxia key or Seal of Ascension. :(
I think the general rule is that as long as you can equip the 'key' on your paper doll, it won't fit on the keyring.

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
Well... a key is a key. Right?

I know about the unlocking property of Seal of Ascension, Drakesfire amulet, and the Sceptre of Celebras. But these aren't keys. By the way I do not think that the Hammer of Zul opens up anything. It just calls Gahz'rilla.

Anyhow, when the key ring cometh it will free at least seven slots from my backpack.

Hmm... nifty new editor thingy.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Right hand, meet left hand.

Pretty clearly, the people doing the engine coding for a while were saying a key ring was tough to do. Not impossible, just difficult with the way they had coded the game. I recall several blue posts to that effect a year or so ago.

The dungeon team takes that and runs with it - keys are boring, lets make rings, necks, and staff thingies. Fast foreward a bit, and now they look like monkeys.
Quote:Anyhow, when the key ring cometh it will free at least seven slots from my backpack.

Seven? I have:

1. Scarlet key
2. Stratholme city key
3. Scholomance key
4. Blackrock Depths key
5. Dire Maul key

What else is there that would qualify as a key?
Quote:What else is there that would qualify as a key?

Somebody said Gordoc shakle key would fit. What about blacksmith keys? Or scarab coffer keys?

Ok, all of these are reaching.
Quote:Somebody said Gordoc shakle key would fit. What about blacksmith keys? Or scarab coffer keys?

Ok, all of these are reaching.

Dark coffer keys for BRD apparently don't qualify as "keys" for the keyring, so it seems doubtful that any of these would, either. <_<
Quote:Seven? I have:

1. Scarlet key
2. Stratholme city key
3. Scholomance key
4. Blackrock Depths key
5. Dire Maul key

What else is there that would qualify as a key?

The Gnomer workshop key, and the BRD prison cell key (as opposed to the Shadowforge BRD key).
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:The Gnomer workshop key, and the BRD prison cell key (as opposed to the Shadowforge BRD key).

I've got my Key to Searing Gorge as well.
---
Quote:I've got my Key to Searing Gorge as well.

To this day, I'm irked that they negated any need to obtain that key with the inclusion of Thorium Point. I love the convenience, just not the fact that there's no need to work for the key. It's akin to finding out after the long, drawn out quest to get the Scholomance key, defeating Araj the Summoner and forging it in the heat of the volcano deep in Un'Goro crater... that all you need is a rogue to pick the lock.

Meh.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:To this day, I'm irked that they negated any need to obtain that key with the inclusion of Thorium Point. I love the convenience, just not the fact that there's no need to work for the key. It's akin to finding out after the long, drawn out quest to get the Scholomance key, defeating Araj the Summoner and forging it in the heat of the volcano deep in Un'Goro crater... that all you need is a rogue to pick the lock.

Meh.

Agreed.

The main reason I kept the key is because as you mentioned, getting it used be a kind of right of passage, at least if you didn't use maps of zones that were out there. Just finding your way into Searing Gorge for the first time was cool. The whole, what the heck is behind that gate? You ran into it when you were in your teens, and it was just cool to get in there and look around then get the key so you could get there quick from Thelsamarr instead of the long run through the badlands. Not that there was a lot of reason to go when you were level appropriate for the zone as there weren't all that many quests. I did have some good use of it getting to BRD and such before Thorium Point was put in. I haven't actually used it since then but I've still got it. :)

And yeah I've only bothered to get the Startholme key with just one 60 per server (since I don't have an L60 rogue yet) there are still times where a key for there helps. Of course now that you can actually make money doing the quest line at L60 (you get more for the exp to money than the 15 gold you have to fork out) I might do it on a few others.
---