Tier 3 sets and bonuses
Here's a link to a site with screenshots of the tier 3 sets and their set bonuses.
What's almost more interesting than the Tier 3 shots is the picture that shows the "Hammer of the Sun". Behind it, you can see one of the person's bags: Primal Mooncloth something, with 20 slots ... I'm intrigued.

Back on topic, I'm REALLY annoyed about the current warlock tier 3 bonuses. They're all ridiculously awful. The 8 piece bonus is worse than the 8 piece Felheart (tier 1) bonus.
Tichondrius
Arnath - UD Warlock (Tailoring/Herbalism)
Seirei - Troll Priest (Mining/Skinning)
Bhim - Tauren Warrior (Mining/Herbalism)
Set bonuses for tier 3 armor. I didn't copy down the paladin armor because I'm in a horde guild. Filthy paladins deserve to go naked! :P

Frostfire Regalia (Mage)

2 piece - Reduces cooldown of Evocation by one minute.

4 piece - Gives your Mage Armor a chance when struck by a harmful spell to increase your resistance against that school of magic by 35 for 30 seconds.

6 piece - Your damage spells have a chance to cause your target to take up to 200 increased damage from subsequent spells.

8 piece - Your damage spells have a chance to displace you, causing the next spell you cast the generate no threat.

Plagueheart Raiment (Warlock)

2 piece - Reduces the duration of Curse of Doom by 10 seconds.

4 piece - Your shadow bolts now have a chance to cause Vampirism aginst targets afflicted by Corruption, healing you for 270 to 330.

6 piece - Your spell criticals generate 50% less threat.

8 piece - Reduces health cost of your Life Tap by 12%.

The Earthshatterer (Shaman)

2 piece - Reduces the cost of your totem spells by 12%.

4 piece - Increases the mana gained from your mana spring totem by 25%.

6 piece - Your Lesser Healing Wave and Healing Wave spells have a chance to imbue your target with Totemic Power.

8 piece - Your Lightning Shield spell also grants you 15 mana per 5 seconds while active.

Vestments of Faith (Priest)

2 piece - Reduces the mana cost of your renew spell by 12%.

4 piece - On Greater Heal critical hits your target will gain Armor of Faith, absorbing up to 500 damage.

6 piece - Reduces the threat from your healing spells.

8 piece - Each spell you cast can trigger an epiphany, increasing your mana regeneration by 24 for 30 seconds.

Dreadnaught's Battlegear (Warrior)

2 piece - Increaes the damage done by your Revenge ability by 75.

4 piece - Improves your chance to hit with taunt and challenging shout by 5%.

6 piece - Improves your chance to hit with Sunder Armor, Heroic Strike, Revenge, and Shield Slam by 5%.

8 piece - When your health drops below 20%, for the next 5 seconds all healing spells cast on you help you Cheat Death, increasing healing done by up to 160.

Dreamwalker Raiment (Druid)

2 piece - Your Rejuvenation ticks have a chance to restore 60 mana, 8 energy, or 2 rage to your target.

4 piece - Reduces the mana cost of your Healing Touch, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, and Tranqulity spells by 3%.

6 piece - Your intiial cast and Regrowth ticks will increase the maximum health of your target by up to 50, stacking up to 7 times.

8 piece - On Healing Touch criticla hits you regain 30% of the mana cost of the spell.

Bonescythe Armor (Rogue)

2 pieces - Your normal melee swings have a chance to Invigorate you, healing you for 90 to 110.

4 pieces - Your Backstab, Sinister Strike, Hemorrhage critical hits cause you to regin 5 energy.

6 pieces - Reduces the threat generated by your Backstab, Sinister Strike, Hemorrhage, and Eviscerate abilities.

8 pieces - Your Eviscerate has a chance per combo point to reveal a flaw in your opponent's armor, granting you a 100% critical hit chance for your next Backstab, Sinister Strike, or Hemmorhage.
Tempestria - 34 Human Warlock - Stormrage
Threnody - 60 Undead Warlock - Dalvengyr (retired)
Zenobia - 60 Tauren Shaman - Dalvengyr (retired)
Threnody,May 11 2006, 02:45 AM Wrote:Dreamwalker Raiment (Druid)

2 piece - Your Rejuvenation ticks have a chance to restore 60 mana, 8 energy, or 2 rage to your target.

4 piece - Reduces the mana cost of your Healing Touch, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, and Tranqulity spells by 3%.

6 piece - Your intiial cast and Regrowth ticks will increase the maximum health of your target by up to 50, stacking up to 7 times.

8 piece - On Healing Touch criticla hits you regain 30% of the mana cost of the spell.

This is screaming to me "see, see! Regrowth and Rejuvenation are usefull in raids!" Sorry, Blizzard, but the fundamental truths of raiding counter this. Having one set make them cool doesn't fix what they'll be when the next set comes out.

Quote:Bonescythe Armor (Rogue)

2 pieces - Your normal melee swings have a chance to Invigorate you, healing you for 90 to 110.

4 pieces - Your Backstab, Sinister Strike, Hemorrhage critical hits cause you to regin 5 energy.

6 pieces - Reduces the threat generated by your Backstab, Sinister Strike, Hemorrhage, and Eviscerate abilities.

8 pieces - Your Eviscerate has a chance per combo point to reveal a flaw in your opponent's armor, granting you a 100% critical hit chance for your next Backstab, Sinister Strike, or Hemmorhage.
#2 -> Neat
#4 -> You mean to tell me my Backstabs would average somewhere between 56.5-57 energy cost? I'll take it.
#6 -> Depends on the number, but not as significant for combat / combat dagger as it is for Seal Fate. More than half my damage is normal melee.
#8 -> Nope, nothing doing. About 36% extra crit on Backstab if I used the gimped Eviscerate?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
We seem to be missing a thread, so this is the best spot I found for this:

New info from whataboutpp.com on Staff of the Guardian:

Quote:The staff will be a legendary quest item that varies per class. There will be a different aura for different classes.

Druid: 11 mana per 5 sec. aura.
Mage: +2% spell crit aura.
Priest: +62 healing aura.
Warlock: +33 spell damage aura.

Mage Version

Atiash, Staff of the Guardian
Two Hand Staff
130-244 Damage
(64.4 damage per second)
+31 Stamina
+32 Intellect
+24 Spirit
Durability 145 / 145
Requires Level 60
Equip: Improves your chance to hit with spells by 2%.
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 150
Equip: Gives party members within 30 yards a chance to get a critical strike with spells by 2%.
Use: Creates a portal. Teleporting group members that use it to Karazhan.

Warlock Version

Two Hand Staff
130-244 Damage
(64.4 damage per second)
+30 Stamina
+29 Intellect
Durability 145 / 145
Requires Level 60
Equip: Improves your chance to crit with spells by 2%.
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 150
Equip: Gives party members within 30 yards increased damage done by magical spells and effects by up to 33.

Priest Version

Two Hand Staff
130-244 Damage
(64.4 damage per second)
+28 Stamina
+28 Intellect
+27 Spirit
Durability 145 / 145
Requires Level 60
Equip: Restores 11 mana per 5 sec.
Equip: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 300
Equip: Increase damage done by spells and effects by up to 120
Equip: Gives party members within 30 yards increased healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 62.

Druid Version

Two Hand Staff
130-244 Damage
(64.4 damage per second)
+28 Stamina
+28 Intellect
+27 Spirit
Durability 145 / 145
Requires Level 60
Equip: Restores 11 mana per 5 sec.
Equip: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 300
Equip: +420 Attack Power in Cat, Bear, and Dire Bear forms only.
Equip: Restores 11 mana every 5 sec to party members within 30 yards.

So priests would get +damage, but druids would get Feral uses. Something doesn't sit right, though. There is no +damage mod in the game. +damage/healing exists for sure, and so does an increase for each class (healing is considered its own class).

That would say there should be a +damage/healing mod and a +healing mod, or maybe a +shadow and +healing. What's shown is neither.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,May 11 2006, 02:33 PM Wrote:So priests would get +damage, but druids would get Feral uses.  Something doesn't sit right, though.  There is no +damage mod in the game.  +damage/healing exists for sure, and so does an increase for each class (healing is considered its own class).

That would say there should be a +damage/healing mod and a +healing mod, or maybe a +shadow and +healing.  What's shown is neither.
[right][snapback]109593[/snapback][/right]

Seems a bit odd worded, but on the other side, isnt spell power enchant a pure +damage mod?
redinter,May 11 2006, 08:28 AM Wrote:Seems a bit odd worded, but on the other side, isnt spell power enchant a pure +damage mod?
[right][snapback]109595[/snapback][/right]

Was just gonna mention this.

There has to be one, because the enchant does it. Just because we haven't seen any armor with it... *shrug*
Quark,May 11 2006, 07:16 AM Wrote:This is screaming to me "see, see!  Regrowth and Rejuvenation are usefull in raids!"  Sorry, Blizzard, but the fundamental truths of raiding counter this.  Having one set make them cool doesn't fix what they'll be when the next set comes out.

Sorry, Quark, just because you don't like something doesn't mean they aren't useful. They are trying to give more incentive to lesser used spells. People who do use them find them to be fine. I -wish- as a healing priest I had more HoTs like regrowth and rejuv. You have a specific style of healing that doesn't use them, it doesn't make them useless.
Threnody,May 11 2006, 12:45 AM Wrote:Plagueheart Raiment (Warlock)

2 piece - Reduces the duration of Curse of Doom by 10 seconds.

4 piece - Your shadow bolts now have a chance to cause Vampirism aginst targets afflicted by Corruption, healing you for 270 to 330.

6 piece - Your spell criticals generate 50% less threat.

8 piece - Reduces health cost of your Life Tap by 12%.

[right][snapback]109582[/snapback][/right]

Warlocks got screwed compared to everyone else. The only time we use CoD in raids is on Shaz. This means CoD is pretty useless as the first tier.

The Vampirism might be nice, but it requires Corruption to be up which ends up getting knocked off very easily by other debuffs.

Less threat from Crits is nice and all, but most of my damage is from normal damage, not crits.

Reduce health cost by 12% to Life Tap...uh...this is worse than the 8 piece bonus from Felheart which is 15% cost from shadow spells and Life Tap is a shadow spell.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
+feral attack power... okay, that's a step in the right direction. But c'mon, still straight +heal? The Druid is supposed to be a HYBRID class, with 4 different roles to fill considering the two feral combat forms. They've got an entire talent tree devoted to doing damage, and Blizzard has supposedly been making strides to make Feral and Balance specs viable for endgame raiding.

Yet the entire T3 set has regular +heal on it.

Adding feral stats (er, stat... singular) is a step in the right direction. But I fail to see what would hurt in adding +dam/heal instead of straight +heal. I'll even take less healing power in the tradeoff.
See you in Town,
-Z
Threnody,May 11 2006, 02:45 AM Wrote:Vestments of Faith (Priest)
2 piece - Reduces the mana cost of your renew spell by 12%.
4 piece - On Greater Heal critical hits your target will gain Armor of Faith, absorbing up to 500 damage.
6 piece - Reduces the threat from your healing spells.
8 piece - Each spell you cast can trigger an epiphany, increasing your mana regeneration by 24 for 30 seconds.[right][snapback]109582[/snapback][/right]
Priest forums are abuzz about this.

The general consensus is: we don't really know what the 8-piece bonus means yet. And that really comes into play because the 3-piece Transcendence bonus, 15% additional mana regen while casting, is considered the most valuable bonus in the game for a raid healer Priest.

If the 8-piece Faith bonus triggers a 24 mana / 5 sec bonus for 30 seconds, that means it regenerates 144 mana over the span of 30 seconds.
If it triggers a 24 mana / 1 sec bonus for 30 seconds, it regenerates an obscene 720 mana over the span of 30 seconds (pretty unlikely, that's crazy).
If it triggers a 24 mana / 2 sec (a.k.a. one "tick") bonus for 30 seconds, it regenerates 360 mana over the span of 30 seconds.

If it's the first option, 24 mana / 5 sec, then it's really only going to be good if it procs a lot. The catch is that the 3-piece Transcendence bonus only comes into play while casting, while the 8-piece Faith bonus would also be good while you're not casting. One can play a lot of number crunching, saying "if you cast this often then this bonus is better," but it's all theoretical until we know how often the proc occurs. Why does Blizzard always try to hide numbers?

The 4-piece bonus is a bit disappointing. The reason is that, with this set, you're going to be racking up so much +heal that Greater Heal won't be used that often - even Rank 1. My Heal Rank 2 spell currently hits for a smidgeon over 1,000. Greater Heal Rank 1 is overkill for non-tank healing, and it will become moreso as I gather yet more +heal gear. We'll see.

Also, it would be nice to know *how much* threat we're losing on the 6-piece set bonus. Transcendence's chance-to-Fade-when-hit 5-piece bonus is pretty nice.

Finally, the Priest Legendary staff is starting to look better. The initial reports about it made me react with a "that's not Legendary; one hand + off hand combos could just about beat that." Not like I'd ever get one.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Lissa,May 11 2006, 09:32 AM Wrote:Warlocks got screwed compared to everyone else.  The only time we use CoD in raids is on Shaz.  This means CoD is pretty useless as the first tier.

The Vampirism might be nice, but it requires Corruption to be up which ends up getting knocked off very easily by other debuffs.

Less threat from Crits is nice and all, but most of my damage is from normal damage, not crits.

Reduce health cost by 12% to Life Tap...uh...this is worse than the 8 piece bonus from Felheart which is 15% cost from shadow spells and Life Tap is a shadow spell.
[right][snapback]109599[/snapback][/right]

(2) I agree that this bonus is disappointing. While a 50 second curse of doom has better DPS than two 24 second curse of agony's, it's rare for doom to stay up that long. the only time I use it is when we're fighting shadow vulnerable death talon overseens, and even then it's just to see how much damage I can do.

(4) I find the Vampirism ability interesting because it doesn't specify who's Corruption has to be on the target. The way the ability is worded, anyone's Corruption will do the trick. If that's the case, then Vampirism may turn out to be a good thing.

(6) Reduced threat on criticals is nice for MD/Ruin warlocks like myself, but it doesn't help warlocks that like to stack DOTs on raid mobs.

(8) Here's a look at how this affects Life Tap, with and without talents.

Normal life tap with no talents: 420 health for 420 mana (0 net gain)
Normal life tap with talents: 420 health for 504 mana (84 net gain)
Plagueheart life tap with no talents: 370 health for 420 mana (50 net gain)
Plagueheart life tap with talents: 370 health for 504 mana (134 net gain)

The eight piece Plagueheart bonus nets 50 extra mana per life tap. Over the course of a long fight (15+ minutes) this can save a few thousand health, but any warlock surrounded by raid level healers doesn't need this bonus.

All told, I think these bonuses are so-so at best. The 2 piece bonus flat out stinks, as CoD just isn't that useful of a spell. The 4 piece bonus could be amazing, depnding on how it procs. The 6 piece bonus is weak, as it doesn't help all flavors of warlocks. The 8 piece bonus really needs to be a 2 piece bonus instead, given how little of an impact it will have.
Tempestria - 34 Human Warlock - Stormrage
Threnody - 60 Undead Warlock - Dalvengyr (retired)
Zenobia - 60 Tauren Shaman - Dalvengyr (retired)
Threnody,May 11 2006, 09:57 AM Wrote:(2) I agree that this bonus is disappointing. While a 50 second curse of doom has better DPS than two 24 second curse of agony's, it's rare for doom to stay up that long. the only time I use it is when we're fighting shadow vulnerable death talon overseens, and even then it's just to see how much damage I can do.

(4) I find the Vampirism ability interesting because it doesn't specify who's Corruption has to be on the target. The way the ability is worded, anyone's Corruption will do the trick. If that's the case, then Vampirism may turn out to be a good thing.

It also doesn't list proc rate either, but, it's rare to see Corruption stay up in a 40 man raid for more than a tick, if that.

Quote:(6) Reduced threat on criticals is nice for MD/Ruin warlocks like myself, but it doesn't help warlocks that like to stack DOTs on raid mobs.

I'm SM/Ruin and have almost 20% spell critical and atleast 70% of my damage is from non-critical hits. While this helps with criticals, it doesn't help low critical build (even moderate critical builds like mine it doesn't help that much). The only way this bonus helps a Warlock is if the Warlock has something like +35% or better critical (which is extermemly difficult to achieve). Overall, I'd rather stick with the 8/8 Nemesis over this.

Quote:(8) Here's a look at how this affects Life Tap, with and without talents.

Normal life tap with no talents: 420 health for 420 mana (0 net gain)
Normal life tap with talents: 420 health for 504 mana (84 net gain)
Plagueheart life tap with no talents: 370 health for 420 mana (50 net gain)
Plagueheart life tap with talents: 370 health for 504 mana (134 net gain)

The eight piece Plagueheart bonus nets 50 extra mana per life tap. Over the course of a long fight (15+ minutes) this can save a few thousand health, but any warlock surrounded by raid level healers doesn't need this bonus.

From Felheart's 8/8 bonus, you get 357 Health used which is a further net gain of 13 Mana over Plagueheart's 8/8 bonus. Likewise, Felheart's 8/8 bonus applies to a lot more spells than Plagueheart's 8/8.

Quote:All told, I think these bonuses are so-so at best. The 2 piece bonus flat out stinks, as CoD just isn't that useful of a spell. The 4 piece bonus could be amazing, depnding on how it procs. The 6 piece bonus is weak, as it doesn't help all flavors of warlocks. The 8 piece bonus really needs to be a 2 piece bonus instead, given how little of an impact it will have.
[right][snapback]109610[/snapback][/right]

I actually think it's worse than so-so. The bonuses overall are worse than what you can get in either Felheart or Nemesis. If I had my druthers, I would see the 2 piece bonus replaced by 8 piece like you, I would like to see the 4 piece change to not require Corruption and just make the proc rate be like 5% max, more likely around 2%, make the 6 piece be a straight -20% to -30% threat reduction instead of just being a -50% threat from criticals, and have 8 piece be something useful. Overall, Plagueheart is just horrible compared to everyone else's set bonuses and it looks like utter crap as well.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

On the warlock COD/corruption problem - they have been promising for a while now a debuff priority list. Curses and corruption should be near the top of the list, I'd think.

Many of the bonuses are impossible to evaluate without more data. Hopefully some of the early people to get them will make public some exaustive testing. Remember alot of the current bonuses are situational at best.

I'm curious as to what Totemic and Holy power do.

On the priest shield, for spikey damage bosses like Broodlord (I know he's easy, but he still spikes a lot of damage, and its pretty likely they will have another boss like that) you could have a priest or two spamming Gheal rank one on him, and hope to have the shield up fairly often.

Druid 2 piece - Rejuve rank 1 as a mini innervate? Depends on the proc rate I guess. Druid 4 piece - nice, Druid 6 piece - depending on how long the buff lasts, its as big as blood pact. Just cast rank 1.

Shaman bonuses - pretty weak unless totemic power is pretty good.

On the staff - Where the hell is the shammy version? /cry I wonder if the 11/5 effect on the druid one stacks with it's own aura, for a total of 22/5. The druid legendary is pretty explicitly not feral - compare it to Blessed Quiraji War Hammer and see that the BQWH has 75% of the AP in one hand. Assuming they put a feral purple offhand in the game sometime soon (/tap /tap /tap), the combo will be better then the staff. Plus feral druids are in rogue groups that woln't benefit from the aura. Even the priest one doesn't seem to support shadow priests that much - don't shadow priests usually not go in healer groups for VE? So the healing aura would go to waste.
oldmandennis,May 11 2006, 11:32 AM Wrote:On the warlock COD/corruption problem - they have been promising for a while now a debuff priority list.  Curses and corruption should be near the top of the list, I'd think.[right][snapback]109620[/snapback][/right]

That has already gone in with 1.10. Curses and Sunders are the absolute last debuffs to be knocked off, but Corruption still is relatively low priority and gets knocked off easily. This I have observed since 1.10 went live.

Lissa,May 11 2006, 10:59 AM Wrote:That has already gone in with 1.10. 
[right][snapback]109624[/snapback][/right]

O'rly! It's not in the patch notes. Any list of the priorities out there anywhere?
castille,May 11 2006, 09:14 AM Wrote:Sorry, Quark, just because you don't like something doesn't mean they aren't useful. They are trying to give more incentive to lesser used spells. People who do use them find them to be fine. I -wish- as a healing priest I had more HoTs like regrowth and rejuv. You have a specific style of healing that doesn't use them, it doesn't make them useless.
[right][snapback]109598[/snapback][/right]

My style of healing was actually quite the opposite pre-raids. I used Rejuvenation whenever possible, and loved Regrowth talented for the crit rate and extra HoT.

In raids, others healing my target up to full when my HoTs had 6 seconds left killed my old style. That basic problem is still gonna be there no matter what extras they have on them. As I said, great, gives some incentive for Regrowth/Rejuv when you have that set. When you graduate past that set, they're back to where they were before ... a way to make it seem like you're effeciently healing (you don't get told of your overheals on HoTs) when the truth quite often is the opposite.
Quark,May 11 2006, 01:30 PM Wrote:In raids, others healing my target up to full when my HoTs had 6 seconds left killed my old style.  That basic problem is still gonna be there no matter what extras they have on them.  As I said, great, gives some incentive for Regrowth/Rejuv when you have that set.  When you graduate past that set, they're back to where they were before ... a way to make it seem like you're effeciently healing (you don't get told of your overheals on HoTs) when the truth quite often is the opposite.
[right][snapback]109629[/snapback][/right]

I love HoT's in raids. I love them so much that I went for and love my 8/8 Transcendence set that adds a HoT that's equivalent to a Rank 5 Renew when I cast a Greater Heal on a target, even though I could be sporting items with more mp5 or +healing. I basically view this as a niche role in my raid in that my having this setup lets the raid have that extra 200+/3 sec HoT always going on the MT. Why is this a big deal? Because if the healers get feared, stunned, mind controled, polymorphed, or otherwise become occupied, the MT always has this extra HoT battery of renews, rejuvs, regrowths, and 8/8 transcendence procs going off keeping him or her alive. If I could find more HoTs to consistently throw on a tank, I would!
oldmandennis,May 11 2006, 04:05 PM Wrote:O'rly!  It's not in the patch notes.  Any list of the priorities out there anywhere?
[right][snapback]109626[/snapback][/right]
While I have noticed curses tending to stay on, I'm pretty sure that there was a post by Eyonix saying that the debuff priority system was not yet implemented, as the designers were still pushing through the tons of debuffs and gauging their priority.

As recent as March (link) there were still comments made that were discussing the future priority system. I also thought that there would've been a patch note, since it is a highly saught after system.

EDIT: Looking a bit longer, I found this quote:
Tigole Wrote:Debuff priorities are not going to make 1.9, unfortunately. The class team is trying to get them done for 1.10.
link
So this system may have been implemented without any knowledge. However, the date of that post is November 2005, and the previous post was this past March, so I have a feeling it's not in the game.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Raelynn,May 11 2006, 04:33 PM Wrote:So this system may have been implemented without any knowledge.  However, the date of that post is November 2005, and the previous post was this past March, so I have a feeling it's not in the game.
[right][snapback]109635[/snapback][/right]

Observations lead me to believe it's at least partially in the game, no matter what Blizzard says. Watching some stuff stay on more then they used to while others drop off like mad ...