Interface Question
I need to know the name of the file where the configuration of the skill icons is stored when you drag them onto the action bars.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:I need to know the name of the file where the configuration of the skill icons is stored when you drag them onto the action bars.

This is stored server side. No matter what machine I play on, my skill bars are set up the same. So I can't see them being stored anywhere else since they are set up the same after a fresh install or the first time I play on a new machine.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:This is stored server side. No matter what machine I play on, my skill bars are set up the same. So I can't see them being stored anywhere else since they are set up the same after a fresh install or the first time I play on a new machine.

Not only that, but in the future all macros may be stored server-side so you don't need to copy/paste them when moving to a new PC.

Nobbie, perhaps if you mentioned what you were aiming to do, we could help?
Quote:Nobbie, perhaps if you mentioned what you were aiming to do, we could help?
I want the setup from the Druid of another guild. I have his Discord bars interface configuration, but without the skill icons inside:)

Do the icons perhaps have a number that refers to the Discord bars?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:I want the setup from the Druid of another guild. I have his Discord bars interface configuration, but without the skill icons inside:)

Do the icons perhaps have a number that refers to the Discord bars?

I use discord bars, and I have noticed that when I load the game without the DAB addon, some of my skills will be on the BLizzard action bars, so I am pretty sure DAB stores them on the not used Blizzard action bars (at least as much as can be kept there, dunno where the others are stored, if you have that many), so they will be server side. You will have to do it manually, get a screenie from that druid to see their positions.
Quote:I use discord bars, and I have noticed that when I load the game without the DAB addon, some of my skills will be on the BLizzard action bars, so I am pretty sure DAB stores them on the not used Blizzard action bars (at least as much as can be kept there, dunno where the others are stored, if you have that many), so they will be server side. You will have to do it manually, get a screenie from that druid to see their positions.
Just got the screenshot of his interface configuration. Thanks for the hint:)
Some more FYI:

There's only so many actionslots defined in the game, and even less that are stored in between sessions. I can't find the exact place I got this info, but if I had to guess I'd say 72 normally "saveable" actionslots -> 6 bars * 12 slots. Every one of these is saved serverside.

Most mods make use of these 72. Some mods, in addition, use their saved variables file to save in between sessions. Lose the mod and you lose the icons, though.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
There are 120 action buttons defined in the game.