Hellfire: Fixed - Item drop bug?
So, I've dusted off the Hellfire disc, installed it, patched it to 1.01, downloaded the SP version of HF: Fixed 1.21...

And I notice that every item drop is either magical, unique, or a spellbook. I'm not running any other mods, and if I use the original Hellfire executable, drops are perfectly normal - what gives?
"One day, o-n-e day..."
Quote:So, I've dusted off the Hellfire disc, installed it, patched it to 1.01, downloaded the SP version of HF: Fixed 1.21...

And I notice that every item drop is either magical, unique, or a spellbook. I'm not running any other mods, and if I use the original Hellfire executable, drops are perfectly normal - what gives?

There's a bug in the SP version. Z&Z identified the cause quite some time ago, but being a lazy ass, I didn't get around to fixing it. (As I recall, of all the crazy things, it's caused by giving ears the ability to cast resurrect.)

-Lemmy
I remember reading some time ago about the problems of enabling ressurect in SP at the Dark forums, so I had assumed that this was the reason there needed to be two versions of HFF. If this wasn't the reason, what was?
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Quote:I remember reading some time ago about the problems of enabling ressurect in SP at the Dark forums, so I had assumed that this was the reason there needed to be two versions of HFF. If this wasn't the reason, what was?

There were some changes that would work differently in SP and in MP. I haven't worked on HFF in awhile, so I can't remember specifics. I'd have to look at my notes.:)

-Lemmy
Quote:There's a bug in the SP version. Z&Z identified the cause quite some time ago, but being a lazy ass, I didn't get around to fixing it. (As I recall, of all the crazy things, it's caused by giving ears the ability to cast resurrect.)

-Lemmy
Then you should get up to work and fix it;). Hellfire is a single player game, unlike Diablo. But, why'd ears resurrect? I don't see this prevent PKilling (or MKilling!) in any way!
Good night.
Quote:Then you should get up to work and fix it;). Hellfire is a single player game, unlike Diablo. But, why'd ears resurrect? I don't see this prevent PKilling (or MKilling!) in any way!

Hellfire was released as an SP game, but it works decently in MP, as shown by The Dark. Ears were given resurrect so that accidental PKs could be reversed without needing to carry along resurrect scrolls.
Quote:Kp' date='Jun 4 2006, 07:08 PM' post='111205']
Hellfire was released as an SP game, but it works decently in MP, as shown by The Dark. Ears were given resurrect so that accidental PKs could be reversed without needing to carry along resurrect scrolls.
What I meant is that it also makes it easier to M-Kill:P
Actually most of the ears I found were mine, because I was committing suicide not to lose my stuff:)

Is SwissMercenary a Baldur's Gate fan? Seems so...
Good night.