Anub'Rekhan
ADVENTURES OF NERIAD: Anub'Rekhan

A new Adventures of Neriad tale has been posted that describes Neriad's adventures as she and some of her fellow Tichondrius Hordemates battle the Naxxramas spider boss Anub'Rekhan on the 1.11 beta test server. Enjoy!
Great write-up, plus I really like the new web versions of your adventures. They are a nice addition to the static (non-forum) content of the site.
Great writeup! Quite an adventure, and it's interesting to see what tactics were evolved - I find myself wondering what the Alliance will do for the crypt guards. This is definitely a highly technical encounter!
Quote:Great writeup! Quite an adventure, and it's interesting to see what tactics were evolved - I find myself wondering what the Alliance will do for the crypt guards. This is definitely a highly technical encounter!

Like I said in the writeup -- exactly the same thing we did. The poison dot from the Crypt Guards is not a real threat. We didn't know about the grounding totem idea and yet we had no problem keeping our off tanks up. Heck, since you can stunlock the Crypt Guards, the off tanks shouldn't be taking much damage as it is. If you're really worried, have your pally's do a hammer of justice rotation. Since the Crypt Guards only come once every 90 seconds, all the HoJ cooldowns will have expired by the time the next Crypt Guard comes out.

Since it's a largely undead instance, I imagine that paladins will have a good time in Naxxramas. I know I'm having fun with all the shackling going on.
Quote:Like I said in the writeup -- exactly the same thing we did. The poison dot from the Crypt Guards is not a real threat. We didn't know about the grounding totem idea and yet we had no problem keeping our off tanks up. Heck, since you can stunlock the Crypt Guards, the off tanks shouldn't be taking much damage as it is. If you're really worried, have your pally's do a hammer of justice rotation. Since the Crypt Guards only come once every 90 seconds, all the HoJ cooldowns will have expired by the time the next Crypt Guard comes out.

Since it's a largely undead instance, I imagine that paladins will have a good time in Naxxramas. I know I'm having fun with all the shackling going on.

I haven't read it all yet, but mobs in 40 mans that can be stunned? A use for some of the deeper prot talents in 40 mans? A use for mace spec in 40 mans? Never!
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:I haven't read it all yet, but mobs in 40 mans that can be stunned? A use for some of the deeper prot talents in 40 mans? A use for mace spec in 40 mans? Never!

A few. For example majordomus priests can be stunned.

And one fight in AQ40 actually requires you to keep 4 mobs in constant stun lock. IIRC Satura.
Quote:I haven't read it all yet, but mobs in 40 mans that can be stunned? A use for some of the deeper prot talents in 40 mans? A use for mace spec in 40 mans? Never!

Stunned, shackled, cursed, feared, you name it. They seem to be actually letting people use their abilities! (Albeit on the minion adds, not the bosses themselves).
Quote:A few. For example majordomus priests can be stunned.

And one fight in AQ40 actually requires you to keep 4 mobs in constant stun lock. IIRC Satura.

Not necessarily so, but you *can*:P
--Mav