The Future of My WoW Account
At some point when everything has been firmed up I will be cross posting this in a couple of other relevant website forums.

It looks like I will finally have some full time work. This will cut back significantly on my free time (which previously I had in overabundance.)

I am bored stiff in WoW with solo activities. I've started playing Oblivion. It's a great game, and these days I find that when I am free I'd rather play Oblivion than WoW. I'd like to raid, but my upcoming new work situation coupled with other commitments and free time activities will interfere with my ability to schedule attendance at raids.

Last Friday night when we went to MC was one example of scheduling issues. I committed to the raid. At the last minute I received an email from my son (currently in Peru) that he was going to phone me on Friday night between 8 and 10. Right in the middle of the raid! Fortunately for the raid and I, he called right at the beginning before any mobs were pulled; I don't believe anyone was therefore unduly inconvenienced. But for awhile I felt stressed, and playing shouldn't be stressful.

Off topic: The MC raid went very smoothly. Indeed it was hard to believe that it was only the second time there--1st time for many--with multiple guilds present. We worked together really well.

Back on topic: So I don't anticipate playing in the near future. I wrote to Blizzard and asked if my account (which is currently paid through mid August) could be placed on hold until some future date. Nope--they don't do that. It bugs me that I still have nearly 3 months of WoW paid for that I won't be using so I am considering giving my 13 year old niece access to the account. I have let her play some in the past and she loves the game. I will ask her not to play my high level Terenas and Stormrage toons, and perhaps find a mod that will render those toons unplayable to totally avoid confusion. On the other hand, I might not give her access--I haven't really decided.

Anyway, I wanted to let folks on SR and Terenas know what is going on. I have really enjoyed playing with all of you. You are a great bunch of folks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
We'll miss you, but once things settle out (or if things settle out) you're always welcome to come back. And Oblivion is a much better single player game than WoW is.:)

*hugs*
Intolerant monkey.
I'll miss you.

If you come on and start spouting puns, I'll know it's you.

If you act like a 13 year old girl, I'll probably think it's you :lol:
Quote:I'll miss you.

If you come on and start spouting puns, I'll know it's you.

If you act like a 13 year old girl, I'll probably think it's you :lol:
:lol:
I left myself open for that one.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]