what's a good 1.07 d1 mod?
Quote:Henjo's LIVES!

And his site still only works properly with IE.:(

Anyway, I'm downloading the mods from his site now, so I should have a mod page that it's 'ok' to link to shortly. There are a couple he does not have, though. They are: Purgatory and the Untitled Mod, at least that I know of. If someone could send me those, I will add them.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:And his site still only works properly with IE.:(
Anyway, I'm downloading the mods from his site now, so I should have a mod page that it's 'ok' to link to shortly. There are a couple he does not have, though. They are: Purgatory and the Untitled Mod, at least that I know of. If someone could send me those, I will add them.

Works fine for me in Firefox. And I believe I have both those mods. I'll drop them to you tonight.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:Works fine for me in Firefox

It works fine for me until I try to download anything. Then I just get redirected to the index page. Same thing hppens with Opera.

Site Update:

I've been plagued with ccnnection problems, but the mods that I have been able to download are available here.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:1) Install Diablo and patch it to version 1.07
2) Download "exe" version of Abysmal and copy exe file (Abysmal_V2+.exe from Henjos Page version) into Diablo 1.07 directory
3) Run Abysmal_V2+.exe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(LennyLen @ Jun 9 2006, 07:11 PM)
Is that an indication of the game's advanced age, or yours?

QUOTE(Nystul)
A little of both. Mostly there just aren't enough people like Heidi around anymore to ask stupid questions about Diablo and keep me in practice...
What you suggest certainly works but personally I prefer to use the dat versions of the respective mods. It seems to make it easier to play a variety of them.
Quote:What you suggest certainly works but personally I prefer to use the dat versions of the respective mods. It seems to make it easier to play a variety of them.

Well, I play just Abysmal mod installed right how I describe it.
Since no Diablo install file is changed with exe version of mods, IMO you can play more mods with
one instalation of Diablo too. (Question is, if is possible to get you favorite mod in exe version of course :-)) )
To fully answering initial question, join guide how to run DAT version of mod, please.
Quote:Well, I play just Abysmal mod installed right how I describe it.
Since no Diablo install file is changed with exe version of mods, IMO you can play more mods with
one instalation of Diablo too. (Question is, if is possible to get you favorite mod in exe version of course :-)) )
To fully answering initial question, join guide how to run DAT version of mod, please.

To run the dat version, you need version 2.13 of dhack (if you are running xp). You just fire up 1.07 and when the screen comes up where you select "single player, multiplayer,etc" , you alt-tab back out, click on dhack and select which mod dat file you wish to load and activate that, alt-tab back into the game and begin play. It takes a little longer to start the game than with an exe file but if you play multiple mods you don't need to have exe files on your desktop for each. Also, can you even have multiple exe files in a single diablo folder or does one always overwrite the other? Obviously, if you know you only want to play one of the mods, the exe files work fine.
Quote:Also, can you even have multiple exe files in a single diablo folder or does one always overwrite the other? Obviously, if you know you only want to play one of the mods, the exe files work fine.
Most of mods have got renamed EXE file (like Abysmal_V2+.EXE, Retribution.EXE or Ultra_V1-7.EXE ...) so no problem here. Only exceptions I have found are V&K mods. But you can probably rename runing files as you wish anyway .....
Ok, so the V&K Middle Earth Mod uses a lot of content from Hellfire, but it isn't actually for hellfire - is this correct? Seems odd to me.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Quote:Ok, so the V&K Middle Earth Mod uses a lot of content from Hellfire, but it isn't actually for hellfire - is this correct? Seems odd to me.

Not too much actually, some monsters and the item graphics. Not as extreme as Rebirth with its ~50 MB package of new stuff. :whistling:
Well, Diablo is a legend, Hellfire is not. Is that a reason?:P
Quote:Not too much actually, some monsters and the item graphics. Not as extreme as Rebirth with its ~50 MB package of new stuff. :whistling:
Well, Diablo is a legend, Hellfire is not. Is that a reason?:P

Hellfire would be a legend too if Blizzard had offered online support.

--me
Quote:Hellfire would be a legend too if Blizzard had offered online support.

--me

You mean Sierra? :whistling:

;)
Quote:You mean Sierra? :whistling:

;)

Nope, I meant Blizzard. If Sierra had offered online support (and continued selling the game), it would have been more successful. If Blizzard had offered online support, it would have achieved legendary status.

--me
Quote:Nope, I meant Blizzard. If Sierra had offered online support (and continued selling the game), it would have been more successful. If Blizzard had offered online support, it would have achieved legendary status.

--me

My memory is a bit fuzzy about the whole issue, but if I remember correctly it was Sierra that bungled the whole Multiplayer coding. Multiplayer had to be dropped from the main menu quasi-completed. Sierra dropped the Baal (ha!), and I can understand why Blizz didn't pick it up. When an expansion is outsourced to third parties, it shouldn't be the responsibility of Blizzard to go back in and fungle with the code just to get it up to spec. Not to mention the headaches of having to take over Battle.net support and upkeep for a game made by a third party.

I say all of this not because you are unaware - I'm quite certain you know more about this than I do - but instead to try to clarify the original intent of my comment. It's a nice dream to think about. Although I played Diablo a lot on Battle.net, I never owned Hellfire. If there was support for it, I'm sure I would still have a copy:)

Cheers,

Munk
The way I remember it, Sierra was only authorized to produce a single player expansion for Diablo. If they bungled anything, it was not disabling the "multitest" easter egg on the release version of Hellfire. Which is probably why they did disable it in the patch (which obviously didn't stop people from hacking the multiplayer support right back in).

Honestly, if Hellfire had Blizzard's name on the box and b.net support, it wouldn't matter if it was the lamest expansion pack in the history of human kind... it still would have sold a ton more copies than it did as a single player add-on from Sierra. With online games, there is so much pressure to buy the expansions and stay compatible with your friends that it doesn't seem to really matter whether the expansions are worth the cost or not.
Quote:1) Install Diablo and patch it to version 1.07
2) Download "exe" version of Abysmal and copy exe file (Abysmal_V2+.exe from Henjos Page version) into Diablo 1.07 directory
3) Run Abysmal_V2+.exe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(LennyLen @ Jun 9 2006, 07:11 PM)
Is that an indication of the game's advanced age, or yours?

QUOTE(Nystul)
A little of both. Mostly there just aren't enough people like Heidi around anymore to ask stupid questions about Diablo and keep me in practice...

ok, could someone please tell me how to get a mod to work with more detail than this? i don't know what
to do to get abysmal to work, the directions above aren't detailed enough. i got the game on version1.07
somehow, now how do i get the mod to run? thanks for the help.
Imo, (From what i know of this, and that isn't alot..) Blizzard was very dumb, i mean they could of made 1 or even 2 expansions and people would still buy it. All the stuff they left out in the original diablo + some extra content would of made 1 expansion with no problem, and it would sell like crazy i think 80-90-97% of the people who loved to play Diablo would of bought it. Why din't Blizzard make an expansion, am i missing something?(probally) Where they scared of making a lame expansion and losing reputation points? Seems a bit unreal if you look at what they accomplished.

Cause i'm kinda mad if i look at what left out the game, all those items, all those wonderfull quests and creatures, not to forget the spells.

I never played Hellfire since it's from Sierra, not Blizzard and it doesn't support Multiplayer.
Quote:Imo, (From what i know of this, and that isn't alot..) Blizzard was very dumb, i mean they could of made 1 or even 2 expansions and people would still buy it. All the stuff they left out in the original diablo + some extra content would of made 1 expansion with no problem, and it would sell like crazy i think 80-90-97% of the people who loved to play Diablo would of bought it. Why din't Blizzard make an expansion, am i missing something?(probally) Where they scared of making a lame expansion and losing reputation points? Seems a bit unreal if you look at what they accomplished.

Cause i'm kinda mad if i look at what left out the game, all those items, all those wonderfull quests and creatures, not to forget the spells.

I never played Hellfire since it's from Sierra, not Blizzard and it doesn't support Multiplayer.

ya that's nice, but how do i get the mods to work?
Not with such an attitude:P
Quote:ok, could someone please tell me how to get a mod to work with more detail than this? i don't know what
to do to get abysmal to work, the directions above aren't detailed enough. i got the game on version1.07
somehow, now how do i get the mod to run? thanks for the help.

Now just
1) Download this Abysmal - EXE version

That .zip file contains 4 files: abysmal_V2+.exe, Abysmal_V2+.txt, DATAABYS.txt and Players list.txt

2) Unpack them into your Diablo 1.07 directory
3) Run (doubleclick) on abysmal_V2+.exe file

And have a fun ;-)
Quote:which mods for diablo 1 version 1.07 are the best? not hellfire, i don't have that. which one should i play? i have 1.07, i haven't updated the game because i haven't gotten on bnet yet.

i posted this post on 6 6 06. wow 666! yikes!